RW Authoritarians Rolling back Cannabis decriminalization in Canada

kairos

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess so, as long as it remains a prescription.

Ok well at least now we have some common ground. Maybe you are against legalization I can understand that, and you want to prevent easy access I can understand that as well. What should happen to a member of society that gets caught with pot? Should it be a criminal or should it be more like a speeding ticket? You would agree that we should not ruin someones life who contributes to our society like Mayor Ford who was caught with a small amount of pot on him right?

Edited by punked

Alcohol is non-medicinal. People who need cannabis as medicine still get to apply for their license through the mma. Supply should only come from government regulated sources. Same as it is now.

The govt booze wouyld suck, the govt pot sure does suck.

Just as opiates are derived from poppy and can produce useful drugs for medicine, yet heroin remains illegal. I heard the street pot has been genetically modified so that t's as powerful as heroin. That's why people flip their lids.

You heard not just wrong but dead wrong.

Hysterics and theatrics wont win you any friends.

Oh boy...

The drug is being pushed by some as a harmless substance that people can use freely. That's not so

Nothing is completely harmless, but pot is as mild as it comes regarding health consequences.

. As we've seen, there's some connection between long term toking and mental illness

We have not seen .You mean you heard?

Alcohol is not illegal. So just go and drink that instead.

I may have a drink after a hard day at work sometimes, but that's fully legal. I am doing it within the confines of law, safely, securely, in the privacy of my home. Why bother doing something illegal? There's no need to.

Legal yes,

But funny you advocate for something that has immensely worse (mutliples of a 100x's worse) results for society based only on its legality.

Makes no sense.

Especially if you read about prohibition as I asked earlier and how prohibition was a complete disaster.

Sorry, no you're not gonna slip that one on me. Misdemeanor offence would be ok, but there should be a record of it. People who are dopers need to get off the drugs, that's the only way. The message or punishment should include mandatory therapy, and routine mandatory piss testing.

On the brighter side they've come up with drugs that makes dope inneffective to your brain. I heard if you get a shot of this stuff, you can't get high anymore. That would make for a much better approach to therapy.

Yes so Ford should go to jail then?

Nonsense alcohol is not bad. I's good for your heart and cleans the blood.

That's so ridiculous. My uncle just died from heavy alcoholism at the age of 52. He suffered from hundreds of seizures and had to have blood sucked off his brain many times.

He was hospitalized in mental institutes several times due to his alcoholism and had to have it injected so that the withdrawal didn't kill him.

Edited by kairos

It basically boils down to this. If you think alcohol and tobacco should be legal you have no excuse to say that cannabis should be illegal. If you believe tobacco and alcohol should be illegal, then you will be the rare example of a person who opposes cannabis legalization and is actually consistent.

Conservatives are a bunch of hypocritical drunks. Their denial is like the denial typical of drunks. They don't realise they have a problem, while blaming everyone else for the things they are guilty of. If there is a drug like alcohol which kills thousands of Canadians every year they don't even consider banning that, because they are addicted to it, while they go off trying violate the rights of peaceful cannabis users, who use a natural herb which doesn't kill any Canadians a year.

Edited by kairos