Leviticus 11:6

The_Squid

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wild stuff is quite a bit more "gamey", I understand. Wouldnt know, I dont eat rodentia.

You don't eat animals from the order Rodentia, but do you eat rabbits?

Rabbits are not rodents.

Edited by The_Squid

The bible is wrong about the animals that we should eat, due to modern food safety, perhaps? Completely understandable.

Modern society also does not condone slavery anymore, unlike the bible. Nor should we stone adulterers...

So, as society has changed for the better, religion has had to keep pace,often kicking and screaming about the changes. The bible is constantly being left behind by societal changes in the western world and the religious institutions are forced to change their thinking as well or risk becoming even less relevant. The societal change on how gays and lesbians are viewed is a case in point.

You don't eat animals from the order Rodentia, but do you eat rabbits?

Rabbits are not rodents.

Thats debateable, eh. Your biologists did at one time classify them as rodents, but then changed their mindz. New research indicates they have a common ancestor, and belong to the same order. Same as squirrels, and rats.

The bible is wrong about the animals that we should eat, due to modern food safety, perhaps? Completely understandable.

Modern society also does not condone slavery anymore, unlike the bible. Nor should we stone adulterers...

So, as society has changed for the better, religion has had to keep pace,often kicking and screaming about the changes. The bible is constantly being left behind by societal changes in the western world and the religious institutions are forced to change their thinking as well or risk becoming even less relevant. The societal change on how gays and lesbians are viewed is a case in point.

The bible isn't wrong. It was clearly right, rabbits eat their own grunt. No need to be obstinate, please indulge in piles of recycled rat tart.

Thats debateable, eh. Your biologists did at one time classify them as rodents, but then changed their mindz. New research indicates they have a common ancestor, and belong to the same order. Same as squirrels, and rats.

My biologists? They're everyones biologists!

Rabbits have not been classified as rodents since the early 1900's and I don't think there is any debate about it...

The bible isn't wrong. It was clearly right, rabbits eat their own grunt. No need to be obstinate, please indulge in piles of recycled rat tart.

Nearly every bible refers to cud, not poop. It's ok for the bible to be wrong. It's old and outdated about many, many things.

Weve already been over all those points, no reason for me to reiterate whats been said. New evidence shows rabbits share a common ancestot with rats etc. I already told you that too. But you dont acknowledge even when your own scientists tell you something that doesnt fit your personal views. You folks are not even consistent within your own game.

New evidence shows rabbits share a common ancestot with rats etc. I already told you that too.

Do you have any proof to back up your claim?

But you dont acknowledge even when your own scientists tell you something that doesnt fit your personal views. You folks are not even consistent within your own game.

Do you know anything about taxonomy? No.

Edited by Sleipnir

Do you have any proof to back up your claim?

Yes. But you have been helped enough in this thread already. Feel free to google or wikipedia it yourself, if you need to.

Suugest you take some intiative, and report back to us. Far be it from me to hamper your learning experience

Feel free to google or wikipedia it yourself, if you need to.

In other words, you can't provide proof of your claim. You don't even know the basic of taxonomic phylogeny - let along interpreting or understanding it.

Suugest you take some intiative, and report back to us. Far be it from me to hamper your learning experience

Now you're just trolling.

Edited by Sleipnir

Weve already been over all those points, no reason for me to reiterate whats been said. New evidence shows rabbits share a common ancestot with rats etc. I already told you that too. But you dont acknowledge even when your own scientists tell you something that doesnt fit your personal views. You folks are not even consistent within your own game.

I ignored the common ancestor thing because it was irrelevant to their taxonomic classification.

We share a common ancestor with rats too, at some point. Doesn't mean we're in the same Order as rodents.

Oh so you did look it up. I guess you'll retract your statement then, that I have nothing to back up my claims. I shouldnt have to provide proof of something as basic as scientific evidence. The fact you chose to "ignore" science is your choice.

I guess you'll retract your statement then, that I have nothing to back up my claims. I shouldnt have to provide proof of something as basic as scientific evidence. The fact you chose to "ignore" science is your choice.

Keep trolling rolleyes1.gif

Edited by Sleipnir

You haven't proven anything, all you did was to show a condescending attitude.

Nonsense. The whole premise of the thread was a trollish attempt at insulting someones religion, and it has utterly failed.

Or that they don't know what they're talking about. Rabbits and beavers the same thing? Rubbish.

Rabbits, rats, beavers.

I did look it up briefly, back in that earlier discussion. I don't know if any of you folks did likewise. But since you keep resurrecting it, let me put it to rest for you. Here is what the science says-

"Rabbits and hares were formerly classified in the order Rodentia (rodent) until 1912, when they were moved into a new order Lagomorpha. Carl Linnaeus originally grouped rabbits and rodents under the class Glires; later, they were separated as the predominant opinion was that many of their similarities were a result of convergent evolution. However, recent DNA analysis and the discovery of a common ancestor has supported the view that they share a common lineage, and thus rabbits and rodents are now often referred to together as members of the superclass Glires."