US dead last in health care

Guest American Woman

Take a look at my post - I edited it to show my recall is very much correct. It's one of the authors of this study saying it, and she and I are well aware of New Hampshire's motto - she's making a riff off it to make a point. Not all Americans will get it, of course.

Ok, I went back and reread it after your edit. You are still wrong. This is what you said:

As somebody said, their motto is "live free and die."

The quote you provided does not say that our motto is live free and die. It says (emphasis mine) "might our national motto be live free and die?" Quite a difference from what you said.

But taking a look at what else that individual said: "Is it Americans' rugged individualism and the sense that the most important thing is the individual's freedom, and that's so much more important than doing what's right for society?"

That's a pretty ignorant comment, imo - how can individual's freedom not be doing what's right for society? If we take away individual's freedoms, but live to be 120, would that be a wonderful thing in your view?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

No you didnt make any points and you didnt express a single opinion on the threads topic as usual.

Go back and read what I said. If you still don't see the points that I made, I can only assume that you either can't read - or can't comprehend what you read.

Also, Canada wouldn't be faring as well it does if U.S. health care services weren't available as a 'safety net;' if it weren't possible to send patients to the U.S. when Canada lacks the facilities/capability to treat them. That helps the Canadian government spend less of it's GDP on health care, and it provides Canadians with care/services not available within their country.

Not quite

We spend less yes, we would have to spend a little more if we could not pay to get services from some US hospitals. But that said, it is such a minor amount, the facts (GDP and so on) would remain the same

...We spend less yes, we would have to spend a little more if we could not pay to get services from some US hospitals. But that said, it is such a minor amount, the facts (GDP and so on) would remain the same

Now that you mention it, Canada's governments spend more per capita than the U.S., so what is it spent on if not health care?

Defence...nope.

Transportation...nope.

Education...nope

R & D...nope

....maybe they spend it on hockey ?

So you admit the the U.S. is more economical for Canadian provinces, as the American public and private systems have already made the expensive investments that cheapskates in Canada can't afford or choose not to do, because there is no incentive to do so. Thank you.

We have been done this road before, you agreed it made practical economic sense. Now you want to try and turn that around.

You build too big and have excess, waste etc. we pay to lessen that a tad. Minor potatoes but there you go.

By the way....look down ...waaaay down on every post you make......

Economics trumps Virtue ....except when it doesnt help my facts

That ^ should be your new one.

Guest American Woman

Not quite

We spend less yes, we would have to spend a little more if we could not pay to get services from some US hospitals. But that said, it is such a minor amount, the facts (GDP and so on) would remain the same

Really? If it's so "minor," why wouldn't Canada provide the facilities/services? Do you have any sources to explain that - or to back up your claim?

The reality is, it's not so "minor," or Canada wouldn't be looking to the U.S. to fill in the gaps.

Furthermore, how do you explain the poor life expectancy of your First Nations people - between five and eight years shorter than the lifespan of the average Canadian? And how about your high ratio of immigration - and the reality that they cannot have any health issues, or they are denied?

Stats alone don't begin to tell the whole story.

We have been done this road before, you agreed it made practical economic sense. Now you want to try and turn that around.

No, I'm just having fun with yet another stupid ass "America Sucks!" health care thread.

You build too big and have excess, waste etc. we pay to lessen that a tad. Minor potatoes but there you go.

By the way....look down ...waaaay down on every post you make......

That ^ should be your new one.

I don't care what Canadians do for health care, but apparently whatever the Americans do is very very very very important to some Canadians....still waiting in line.

Well, we already know there are lots of Canadian Commies living and working in the U.S. Apparently there are more job opportunities and lower taxes in the U.S. too.

Higher property taxes down there too!

No med coverage for millions! Woo Hoo!

Want to play that game all day?

Lots o American in Canada too. We call them immigrants or naturalized citizens. Very few commies exist, but if they do.....you have ten times as many, as you are wont to remind us daily about the ten times rule.

See who that works?

Having access to better/faster American health care is just a plus !

Except as was shown when it isnt better nor faster.

If I was a Canadian with high health risk factors, I would live close to the border too. Oh wait...most Canadians already live close to the U.S. border....very smart !

Edited by guyser

Guest American Woman
Higher property taxes down there too!

???

Property taxes vary greatly, depending on location - and what services they include also vary greatly, depending on location.

Really? If it's so "minor," why wouldn't Canada provide the facilities/services? Do you have any sources to explain that - or to back up your claim?

The reality is, it's not so "minor," or Canada wouldn't be looking to the U.S. to fill in the gaps.

Oh sure ...I will get on that. As soon as I am shown where these facts were accredited.....

Also, Canada wouldn't be faring as well it does if U.S. health care services weren't available as a 'safety net;' if it weren't possible to send patients to the U.S. when Canada lacks the facilities/capability to treat them. That helps the Canadian government spend less of it's GDP on health care, and it provides Canadians with care/services not available within their country.

By the way, the care is available here, just not as much or its farther away. Same thing goes both ways, some new tecniques arent available in the US, so US Drs come here and learn.

No, I'm just having fun with yet another stupid ass "America Sucks!" health care thread.

Neither do i frankly.

But the truth is it was done by Americans in America and shows some concerns.

I don't care what Canadians do for health care, but apparently whatever the Americans do is very very very very important to some Canadians....still waiting in line.

It is important for those americans who dont have any healthcare , and the ones waiting in line or being denied at ER in the States really care.,

See how that works?

....See how that works?

I sure do....and whatever changes the Americans decide to make will not preclude the continued use of American health care by Canadians sick and tired of waiting in que as a civic duty. Just bring lots of provincial cash and government issued CommieCare card.

Ok, I went back and reread it after your edit. You are still wrong. This is what you said:

The quote you provided does not say that our motto is live free and die. It says (emphasis mine) "might our national motto be live free and die?" Quite a difference from what you said.

But taking a look at what else that individual said: "Is it Americans' rugged individualism and the sense that the most important thing is the individual's freedom, and that's so much more important than doing what's right for society?"

That's a pretty ignorant comment, imo - how can individual's freedom not be doing what's right for society? If we take away individual's freedoms, but live to be 120, would that be a wonderful thing in your view?

I guess when you've got nothing, you've got to pick nits. But you're right. Being forced to use government provided health care is a terrible scourge in Canada. As d_c, we live longer but wish we would die living under this horrible yoke of oppression. I'm sure the person dying in he US because they couldn't afford timely healthcare will do so proudly, knowing they were free to do so. Same with the person denied coverage because their illness is deemed preexisting.

I like this story.....

(Canadian Press) An unapologetic Danny Williams says he was aware his trip to the United States for heart surgery earlier this month would spark outcry, but he concluded his personal health
trumped
any public fallout over the controversial decision.

In an interview with The Canadian Press, Williams said he went to Miami to have a “minimally invasive” surgery for an ailment first detected nearly a year ago, based on the advice of his doctors.

“This was my heart, my choice and my health,” Williams said late Monday from his condominium in Sarasota, Fla.

“I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics.”
Edited by bush_cheney2004

I like this story.....

(Canadian Press) An unapologetic Danny Williams says he was aware his trip to the United States for heart surgery earlier this month would spark outcry, but he concluded his personal health trumped any public fallout over the controversial decision.

In an interview with The Canadian Press, Williams said he went to Miami to have a “minimally invasive” surgery for an ailment first detected nearly a year ago, based on the advice of his doctors.

“This was my heart, my choice and my health,” Williams said late Monday from his condominium in Sarasota, Fla.

“I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics.”

Deflection.gif

Guest American Woman

I guess when you've got nothing, you've got to pick nits.

??? Pointing out the difference between what you said and what was actually said - which changes the meaning - is "picking nits?" Good grief.

But you're right. Being forced to use government provided health care is a terrible scourge in Canada.

Wow. Imagine that. I'm "right" about something I didn't even say.

As d_c, we live longer but wish we would die living under this horrible yoke of oppression.

Ummm. Ok. blink.png

I'm sure the person dying in he US because they couldn't afford timely healthcare will do so proudly, knowing they were free to do so. Same with the person denied coverage because their illness is deemed preexisting.

Which has nothing at all to do with anything that I said .................