Canada "ready to go to war against syria" press reports...

login

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assad knows the moment he uses chemical weapons, things get really really difficult for him. I don't think he is that stupid to use them knowing what the results are. So the thing I am looking out for is something by the rebels to pin it on Assad. That seems to be the most likely scenario in my view.

It is not so much how stupid he is, as how desperate he is as at some point it might become a better option to use Chemical weapons and risk a war with the west.

But overall I am with you, its a lose-lose situation for the west. If Assad uses weapons we might end up supporting the very terrorists we are fighting in another part of the world and who will promptly turn around and fight against us with the money, weapons and resources we give them. On the flip side we might have to support a dictator if it comes out that the Rebels used those weapons. Either way we will have the majority of the population pissed at the west for one reason or another and this will become just another drain of resources and another threat for the west.

It is not so much how stupid he is, as how desperate he is as at some point it might become a better option to use Chemical weapons and risk a war with the west.

But overall I am with you, its a lose-lose situation for the west. If Assad uses weapons we might end up supporting the very terrorists we are fighting in another part of the world and who will promptly turn around and fight against us with the money, weapons and resources we give them. On the flip side we might have to support a dictator if it comes out that the Rebels used those weapons. Either way we will have the majority of the population pissed at the west for one reason or another and this will become just another drain of resources and another threat for the west.

I dunno Nato attacked afghanistan for a decade for less. If I were Assad I would be fresh out of chemical weapons and delivery agents after the past years events. Then again I'm a confrontationalist, something Assad is not. I'm also more depraved and fundamental than Assad, he was actually a pretty good leader, he galvinized various cultures within Syria to create a nuanced state within the middle east one where Kurds, Shiites Sunnis and Palestinians could all live together with Christians. I can't imagine what Syria will become now that all parties are radicalized and drawing upon cultural lines, Kurds, Shiites, Sunnis, refugees.

None the less I think that there is a couple more months of battles this summer it doesn't seem like Aleppo is switching to any single party over night.. now that the rebels and their friends are super stocked with heavy weapons it will be interesting.. none the less its a geurrilla war in one of the worlds biggest cities. ....

i think this will drag on for atleast a week if not longer. This is just turning into another Grozny. The next week should be a critical point to determine if the war will move again. The US and other friends are training more refugees to go back and fight so Assad has to keep killing them if he is going to win the war of attrition, he has to kill them faster than they are trained.

With 1.6 million refugees there is a potential of a lot more war dead. if even 5% of those are rebel supporters like 50k plus if 10% that is as much as the canadian military. that is just the rebels, and syria has a smaller population than canada.

Of course NATO recruiting in refugee camps is sort of questionable conduct to say the least.

example.

http://www.infowars.com/un-propaganda-asset-angelina-jolie-treks-to-syrian-refugee-camp/

imagine fighting for the rebels or being killed or targetted by CIA and MI5 as an assad sympathizer.wow talk about pressure to fight in the war... its almost like conscription.

Isn't refugee suppose to not be somewhere you will be pressed into military service by a foreign state or become a target in the war.

Edited by AlienB

I dunno Nato attacked afghanistan for a decade for less. If I were Assad I would be fresh out of chemical weapons and delivery agents after the past years events. Then again I'm a confrontationalist, something Assad is not. I'm also more depraved and fundamental than Assad, he was actually a pretty good leader, he galvinized various cultures within Syria to create a nuanced state within the middle east one where Kurds, Shiites Sunnis and Palestinians could all live together with Christians.

No you are right, its apparent from the last couple of years that Assad just haaaaaatttteeeesss confrontation of any sort and avoids it at all costs.

So instead of correcting the problem we will continue down this road?

Not sure where you going with this, are you suggesting we enter into this conflict....either way we are going to be subjected to blow back as you say....I'm with derek let them solve this issue on there own , in fact all the western nations should pull out and let syrians kill each other....to many players involved this thing is only going to get bigger....

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may have seen one of my old roommates and atleast one of his friends in Aleppo from a photo today, I think he was originally from Homs if I remember correctly. He was carrying a really beat up person I couldn't recognize on a stretcher, but atleast the guy is alive and well regardless o the politics he was a nice and friendly guy.

Edited by AlienB