The attacks have to stop!

Guest Peeves

Churches and Mosques and trains and civilian buildings. Why are we losing this 'war' on terror? By WE I mean civilization world wide. I mean the common people, It's the common people, worshiping their god that are being attacked. Christians, Muslims, Jews. It is clear that these murderers need be hunted down and dealt with. Drones, seals, or soldiers, I don't care, just administer it at any opportunity.

Why would anyone bitch about killing an Osama or other terrorist at the first opportunity. ???? I don't buy the argument some put forth..."that makes us as bad as them" Bull Puckey, it's a matter of war. Innocents are being murdered kill the murderers before they can kill again.

???

Suicide bomber kills eight, injures 100 in Nigerian church

http://ca.news.yahoo...-094121791.html

devastating suicide attack that killed Eid worshippers

the suicide bombing that killed over 41 innocent people in Maimana (mosque) city and injured many more calling its perpetrators “enemies of Islam and humanity.”

http://www.examiner....eid-worshippers

Churches and Mosques and trains and civilian buildings. Why are we losing this 'war' on terror? By WE I mean civilization world wide. I mean the common people, It's the common people, worshiping their god that are being attacked. Christians, Muslims, Jews. It is clear that these murderers need be hunted down and dealt with. Drones, seals, or soldiers, I don't care, just administer it at any opportunity.

We aren't losing. The world is changing, and the way of life of primitive patriarchal tribesmen is coming to no longer have a place in it, and they are being dragged kicking and screaming into modern reality. And that kicking and screaming takes the place of terrorism. It'll last a few decades, then be mostly done with. Just a phase in history.

We aren't losing. The world is changing, and the way of life of primitive patriarchal tribesmen is coming to no longer have a place in it, and they are being dragged kicking and screaming into modern reality. And that kicking and screaming takes the place of terrorism. It'll last a few decades, then be mostly done with. Just a phase in history.

I wish, but it has been going on in one form or another since the 7th century by this particular group of primitive patriarchal tribesmen.

Whew. I appreciate a fresh breeze of optimism in the face of such things. Thank you.

Whew. I appreciate a fresh breeze of optimism in the face of such things. Thank you.

It's not that fresh really. People have been saying similar things for years - that we should leave these people to their own devices and let nature take its course. The problem is those of us who insist on dragging them. All that kicking and screaming is bound to get us into trouble.

It's not that fresh really. People have been saying similar things for years - that we should leave these people to their own devices and let nature take its course. The problem is those of us who insist on dragging them. All that kicking and screaming is bound to get us into trouble.

ICBMs and atomic weapons have changed all that. Best hope Pakistan and similar players truly believe in MAD.

I see things posted sometimes - not here, but on FB - talking about *increasing* numbers of people dying in conflict. It seems to me that this should be going down.

That's encouraging Bonam. I think/hope you are right.

I think terrorists should be pursued, but I think overreaction by killing innocents in return - 'an eye for an eye, etc - is our biggest danger.

We're dealing with extremists. Best to keep it that way.

Retribution that kills innocents spreads the extremism to otherwise moderate people, and extends the conflict.

I hope we can avoid that.

A decent secular education is the enemy of this kind of terrorism. An educated population would be a hard place to recruit suicide bombers and terrorists. Sadly much of what passes for 'education' is taught by religious zealots who have no real interest in facts or history unless it can somehow be twisted to support their particular mantra. There is apparently no shortage of religous zealots, and therein lies the problem. That is nothing new.

A decent secular education is the enemy of this kind of terrorism. An educated population would be a hard place to recruit suicide bombers and terrorists. Sadly much of what passes for 'education' is taught by religious zealots who have no real interest in facts or history unless it can somehow be twisted to support their particular mantra. There is apparently no shortage of religous zealots, and therein lies the problem. That is nothing new.

Good point. When some seek the right to schooling they get shot or acid in the face. meantime we (Collective we) through our governments largess provide billions to what would seem at first blush and overview to be 'our' enemies. Looking at the result it would seem counter productive making 'them' more resentful and anti-West.

There should be both carrots and stick.