Muslims demand Google destroy its content policies.

kraychik

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of my best friends on this website have been banned for holding an opinion different from the complainer. It's the way of the World these days. Don't like something or something offends you? Complain until you get the results you desire. Childish.

The administration of this website is transparently leftist, as is the majority of its participants. When in Rome...

Your biggest strength is that you have put forward a suggestion that is achievable and realistic. I don't think many reasonable people would oppose simple questions asking if you support Canadian values as described in our constitution - freedom of expression - gender and so on.

Yep and the best part is such a system would be completely ironclad. There'd be no way for anyone to falsify their answers. Problem solved.

The administration of this website is transparently leftist, as is the majority of its participants. When in Rome...

I don't know about that. I think Greg and Charles could care less and just respond to complaints as they get them. It's my opponents that I blame for my many tours of the Cooler.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....DOP is being a troll.

Yep and the best part is such a system would be completely ironclad. There'd be no way for anyone to falsify their answers. Problem solved.

Great argument - since perfection cannot be guaranteed, why bother? There's a phrase you should familiarise yourself with, "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good". Perhaps this mentality is why you are where you are in life?

I don't know about that. I think Greg and Charles could care less and just respond to complaints as they get them. It's my opponents that I blame for my many tours of the Cooler.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. Certainly leftists are far more likely to cry out for censorship of opinions they dislike, while ignoring far worse behaviour from their own political teammates.

Great argument - since perfection cannot be guaranteed, why bother? There's a phrase you should familiarise yourself with, "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good". Perhaps this mentality is why you are where you are in life?

Voltaire was indeed correct.

If you mean, left of the National Post, then perhaps you have a point. I do think that we make an effort to keep the conversation going, though. And I personally don't have an idea of the politics of the moderators. I thought we had right-of-centre representation there, for what it's worth.

If not, then just PM a conservative and ask them to volunteer to help out the team, perhaps. Greg and Charles might be receptive if the right person put their hand up.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. Certainly leftists are far more likely to cry out for censorship of opinions they dislike, while ignoring far worse behaviour from their own political teammates.

I've only ever reported a member once and that was for making death threats against me and my family via PM. Other posters are all safe from the report button on my end.

Great argument - since perfection cannot be guaranteed, why bother? There's a phrase you should familiarise yourself with, "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good".

And here I thought conservatives were supposed to be pragmatic. Guess this means you aren't a true conservative.

Perhaps this mentality is why you are where you are in life?

What, successful and happy?

If you mean, left of the National Post, then perhaps you have a point. I do think that we make an effort to keep the conversation going, though. And I personally don't have an idea of the politics of the moderators. I thought we had right-of-centre representation there, for what it's worth.

If not, then just PM a conservative and ask them to volunteer to help out the team, perhaps. Greg and Charles might be receptive if the right person put their hand up.

The National Post is a leftist newspaper, for starters.

As far as you're concerned, I've seen you many times trying to shut down debate. That's completely expected, considering your political orientation.

What are you reporting, exactly? I am accurately describing you as a communist who has contempt for freedom of speech and expression.

Don't we have a communist party in Canada? So is 'Communist' simply an judgment of political bent, or a denigration and insult?

I've only ever reported a member once and that was for making death threats against me and my family via PM. Other posters are all safe from the report button on my end.

The way I see it, nobody does a better job delegitimising the left than the left in its own words. I want them to be as candid and as unhinged as possible. I don't think I've ever reported anyone on any board for any reason.

As far as you're concerned, I've seen you many times trying to shut down debate. That's completely expected, considering your political orientation.

I don't agree. I ask questions that make people become uncomfortable, but that's just their own thoughts that are haunting them - nothing to do with me. You call people Communist, for example. I don't think that's an insult if it's true, but I may not be on the same page as the mods in that regard.

Guest American Woman

Of course they have the right to peaceful protest within the law, and fortunately, Google/YouTube don't appear to be backing down. They say they won't quit until the video has been removed, though, so it'll be interesting to see how this develops. One Imam in one of the speeches said that terrorism isn't just killing people's bodies, but killing people's feelings. According to him, 1.6 billion people have been terrorized by this film.

I think Muslims are just going to have to get used to the idea that Muhammad is as fair game as Jesus or Buddha or whoever in free, western societies. Attempts to make criticizing religion against international law just aren't going to fly.

Don't we have a communist party in Canada? So is 'Communist' simply an judgment of political bent, or a denigration and insult?

Jacee is absolutely a communist. It doesn't take long to realise where he's coming from if you read through her posts, ranting about "corporate greed" while supporting destruction of private property and bullying/intimiaton in the interests of silencing free speech and expression. It also doesn't matter whether or not she realises what she is.

Well, it's not foolproof but it would surely filter out people who don't truly want to be part of this great frozen experiment, wouldn't it ?

I doubt it. Most people who migrate do so for economic reasons and I question whether or not they would actually let something like a piece of paper stand in the way of a better life (financially speaking). What we're talking about is a safety blanket for bedwetters like kraychik.

Of course they have the right to peaceful protest within the law, and fortunately, Google/YouTube don't appear to be backing down. They say they won't quit until the video has been removed, though, so it'll be interesting to see how this develops. One Imam in one of the speeches said that terrorism isn't just killing people's bodies, but killing people's feelings. According to him, 1.6 billion people have been terrorized by this film.

I think Muslims are just going to have to get used to the idea that Muhammad is as fair game as Jesus or Buddha or whoever in free, western societies. Attempts to make criticizing religion against international law just aren't going to fly.

They're not going to have to get used to anything if we don't stand up for our values. Hillary Clinton sat with the OiC in a three day meeting to discuss their "anti-blasphemy" resolution to be submitted at the UNGA. Everywhere we look, there are political attacks against freedom of speech. Barack Obama has also made statements and held positions that are worrying: opposition to the Supreme Court's ruling Clinton vs. Citizens United supporting ownership caps on media, and spending inordinate time condemning and apologising to America's enemies for the free expression of private citizens. Glibly stating that everything will be fine, "just because", isn't a compelling argument. There are real threats out there to this fundamental freedom, and those that wish to destroy this fundamental freedom, from politicians to media personalities to academics to ordinary folks, are very motivated.

It's the 57 some-odd member OIC that will be the real challenge to free speech. That's a big-azz voting block and I worry that out of the spirit of community cohesion, as the British term it, certain liberties enjoyed now will be curtailed for reasons of public safety.