'savage' NY subway ads get a make-over

bud

the racist minority are everywhere, propagating their hatred. the latest are racist ads posted in san francisco and new york:

A friend just sent us these photos of two of the Islamophobic ads that were put up earlier today by Pam Geller's organization in ten New York subway stations. They got a makeover; and their true character has been revealed.

check the photos.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

They're not racist; they say "defeat jihad," not defeat Muslims, or Palestine. You think not supporting the extremist Muslims' jihad makes one racist?

One comment on the ads: Australian tourist Peter Johnson, 50, who had just visited the memorial to the September 11 hijack plane attacks, said he felt it was "a bit harsh to call someone a savage, but I do think that extremist Muslims seem happy to kill anyone regardless of their race or religion.

"I would have used the word 'barbaric.'" link

So is he a racist for holding that view? And how much of a difference is there between "savage" and "barbaric?" And why should those who declared a jihad be defended?

I'm not saying that I approve of the ads, so please spare me your usual ignorant response, but they aren't "racist."

Guest American Woman

Just another example of the left's contempt for freedom of speech and expression.

I am part of "the left," and this is hardly the first time you've responded to my posts this way, as if I'm not. So you might want to lose your used-to-the-point-of-ad nauseam 'the left sucks!' responses. B)

Edited by American Woman

I am part of "the left," and this is hardly the first time you've responded to my posts this way, as if I'm not. So you might want to lose your used-to-the-point-of-ad nauseam 'the left sucks!' responses. B)

I wasn't addressing you specifically or responding to your post.

Who? no one here has called for it to be suppressed.

They vehemently disagree with it...and you think this is "contempt for freedom of speech and expression."

????

You don't really understand the concept, do you?

They vandalised the posters. That's clearly suppression of the message and is rooted in a contempt for freedom of speech and expression, which is systemic among the left. It was not a group of conservatives that vandalised these posters. This is another form of suppression of free speech and expression, and is parallel to leftist students who shut down speech from those they disagree with, for example Ann Coulter at the University of Ottawa or Benjamin Netanyahu at Concordia. This is standard fare from the left.

Guest American Woman

I wasn't addressing you specifically or responding to your post.

This time you weren't specifically responding to my post, but my post hardly spoke of "contempt for freedom of speech and expression," did it? So my point still stands. When you continuously, erroneously respond about "the left," you simply come across as a partisan hack yourself.

They vandalised the posters. That's clearly suppression of the message and is rooted in a contempt for freedom of speech and expression, which is systemic among the left. It was not a group of conservatives that vandalised these posters. This is another form of suppression of free speech and expression, and is parallel to leftist students who shut down speech from those they disagree with, for example Ann Coulter at the University of Ottawa or Benjamin Netanyahu at Concordia. This is standard fare from the left.

You are free to speak.

I am free to shout you down.

No one is guaranteed an audience.

You are free to put up a poster.

I am free to put a comment on it.

No one guarantees it won't get torn down.

That's freedom of expression. ...we all have it.

This time you weren't specifically responding to my post, but my post hardly spoke of "contempt for freedom of speech and expression," did it? So my point still stands. When you continuously, erroneously respond about "the left," you simply come across as a partisan hack yourself.

I made a post in reply to the thread, it wasn't directed to you or in response to your post. Perhaps you're not as important as you might think?

You are free to speak.

You think it's constructive to shout down and shout racist with anything that you don't agree with?

Why not listen to everyones opinion and have a discussion instead of acting childish.

I'm pretty sure that putting a comment sticker on a poster is vandalism and against the law.

You are free to speak.

Actually no, you are not free to shout anyone down in all circumstances. Especially in universities, where policies dictate conduct. You cannot walk into an auditorium and start shouting while a professor is giving a lecture. If you do, you will be lawfully removed by campus security. The same protection of freedom of speech and association is not extended to speakers who the left targets, as has been been evidenced countless times.

Freedom of speech also doesn't extent to protecting a non-existent right to vandalise property. You are not "free" to vandalise posters that have been paid for.

I want to thank you, jacee, as our resident communist, for putting on display the obliviousness of the left when it comes to the most basic freedoms in our society. You serve your role well.

You think it's constructive to shout down and shout racist with anything that you don't agree with?

Why not listen to everyones opinion and have a discussion instead of acting childish.

I'm pretty sure that putting a comment sticker on a poster is vandalism and against the law.

It's not only non-constructive, it's illegal.

Guest American Woman

I made a post in reply to the thread, it wasn't directed to you or in response to your post. Perhaps you're not as important as you might think?

Or perhaps you're purposely missing the point. ;)

Whoever put up that hateful poster isn't interested in a discussion.

Maybe the poster is vandalism. :)

The sticker is a public service.

Children shouldn't see such hate speech.

Edited by jacee

Guest American Woman

You claimed I was responding to you. I wasn't. In fact, I didn't even read your first post in this thread.

No, I'm sure. You've just read every single one since. ;)

I recognized that in this instance you weren't quoting me/responding to me. I then said that my point still stands. And it does. And so I repeat, adding emphais:

Whoever put up that hateful poster isn't interested in a discussion.

Maybe the poster is vandalism. :)

The sticker is a public service.

Children shouldn't see such hate speech.

Exactly. You are the gift that keeps on giving: you demonstrate the contempt the left has for the most basic freedoms in a civilised society.

Who cares what your post said? I wasn't replying to you.

Exactly. You are the gift that keeps on giving: you demonstrate the contempt the left has for the most basic freedoms in a civilised society.

On the contrary, I exercise my freedoms.

Are you trying to suppress my freedoms in favour of yours?

Remember: Your freedom to speak doesn't guarantee that anyone wants to listen to you.

Just another example of the left's contempt for freedom of speech and expression.

not to worry kraychik, i will champion your right to express whatever racist diatribe you want. however, it doesn't mean that i will agree to it.