US Ambassador to Libya killed in attacks

When did this become about me? :rolleyes: Personally, I don't see insulting those who don't kill in response as any better than those who do. Too bad everyone who's complaining about insulting those who kill in response can't have the same respect for those who don't. In the meantime, I won't see the right of those to insult whoever they wish to be infringed upon by the threat of violence.

Your outlook lacks common sense. Having a right to insult people is not a reason to do so. It seems like some of these people are really just trying to incite violence. They are shit disturbers and should be condemned by their peers regardless of the legality of their actions.

As for the legality itself, laws vary from country to country but in my opinion it comes down to intent. If you excersize a legal right with the specific intention of creating violence then that would seem to qualify as wreckless endangerment.

Reckless endangerment is a crime consisting of acts that create a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person. The accused person isn't required to intend the resulting or potential harm, but must have acted in a way that showed a disregard for the foreseeable consequences of the actions.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

your feelings were correct. this is not the first time american woman avoids answering questions that may expose her selectiveness. but lets try again:

i'm curious how you feel about the anti-holocaust denial laws in many of the european countries. are you for them or against limiting speech in this instance?

Ok, I'll take your question and raise you one - what do European laws have to do with freedom of speech in the country in question; ie: the country I happen to live in?

Guest American Woman

I don't know about you but I taught my kids not to insult other people.

I don't know about you, but I don't selectively criticize only those who insult people who are violent in response.

Ok, I'll take your question and raise you one - what do European laws have to do with freedom of speech in the country in question; ie: the country I happen to live in?

Thats patently obvious. Hes trying to engage you in a philisophical discussion about the concept of limits to free speech in cases where some speech might be dangerous.

it has to do with your principles and your views when it comes to freedom of speech.

are you going to answer the question or are you going to flake out?

how you feel about the anti-holocaust denial laws in many of the european countries. are you for them or against them?

Guest American Woman

it has to do with your principles and your views when it comes to freedom of speech.

What part of our right to exercise our freedom of speech in America is giving you the most difficulty? Again. That's where the film was made. That's who the Islamic extremists are lashing out at.

are you going to answer the question or are you going to flake out?

I'm going to refuse to take part in your attempt to make this (yet another) thread about Jews. If that causes you to flake out, so be it.

I'm going to refuse to take part in your attempt to make this (yet another) thread about Jews. If that causes you to flake out, so be it.

flake.

I hope you get an answer on that, but I have a feeling it's not going to happen.

*ding*

So, I've been trying to find out more about this so called 'consulate' or embassy in Libya.

I cannot find any information validating that this was a real US embassy.

from my understanding it was an consulate, the embassy is in the capital tripoli http://www.news24.com/World/News/US-to-review-security-at-Libya-consulate-20120921 ...the building itself wasn't as secure as an embassy or consulate should be, it was the best they could acquire at the time... Edited by wyly

You have to use common sense is the thing.

I have every right to stick my penis in a hornets nest if I want to. They dont own that space any more than I do. So I can excersize that right if I so choose. The problem is... is it a smart thing to do? Should I excersize this right simply for the sake of demonstrating it is my right, if it hurts my penis a lot when I do? Or should I stay away from the nest...

I'm not sure I understand why people seem resigned to these analogies of fanatical Muslims to progressively lower and less intelligent forms of life. First it was savages, then bears, now hornets. Why is it wrong to expect humans to behave like humans rather than hornets?

But if you must stick with the analogy, one's gotta stir up the hornet's nests once in a while, it reminds the hornets that they aren't welcome near your town, and reminds the other townsfolk who see what happened to be weary around hornets, and not to let them build their nests nearby.

I'm not sure I understand why people seem resigned to these analogies of fanatical Muslims to progressively lower and less intelligent forms of life. First it was savages, then bears, now hornets. Why is it wrong to expect humans to behave like humans rather than hornets?

More or less like sheep than any other animal. Black Friday's are a good example of herd mentality among humans. We like to think we are better than most animals, but even nature is not as savage as the human race.

What is interesting is that more people are more pissed about said analogies than dealing with what seems to really be unfolding issues now.

In other words, deflection and distractions.

More or less like sheep than any other animal. Black Friday's are a good example of herd mentality among humans. We like to think we are better than most animals, but even nature is not as savage as the human race.

What is interesting is that more people are more pissed about said analogies than dealing with what seems to really be unfolding issues now.

In other words, deflection and distractions.

Not really. I am just surprised that people who often tend to reflexively condemn criticism of Muslisms or Muslim societies for the prevalence of extremism in their midst, people who jump on any chance to criticize politically incorrect statements regarding Muslims, now resort to calling them savages, bears, sheep, hornets. If we are to consider these people hornets, should we be inviting these hornets into our homes? Why do we allow such large immigration rates of people from Muslim countries if we suspect a not negligible portion of them are no better than savages or bears?

Perhaps that is the goal of the people who make these kinds of videos and evoke these kinds of reactions? To remind the world that the extremist Muslims who take offense are nothing more than as dre says, hornets? Perhaps they think the world needs such reminding every once in a while? And perhaps the protection of free speech as a right exists precisely to allow people to do just that: point out dangers and threats that are not politically correct to point out.

Not really. I am just surprised that people who often tend to reflexively condemn criticism of Muslisms or Muslim societies for the prevalence of extremism in their midst, people who jump on any chance to criticize politically incorrect statements regarding Muslims, now resort to calling them savages, bears, sheep, hornets. If we are to consider these people hornets, should we be inviting these hornets into our homes? Why do we allow such large immigration rates of people from Muslim countries if we suspect a not negligible portion of them are no better than savages or bears?

Perhaps that is the goal of the people who make these kinds of videos and evoke these kinds of reactions? To remind the world that the extremist Muslims who take offense are nothing more than as dre says, hornets? Perhaps they think the world needs such reminding every once in a while? And perhaps the protection of free speech as a right exists precisely to allow people to do just that: point out dangers and threats that are not politically correct to point out.

That is indeed part of this films purpose. To make you keep thinking that Muslims are savages. But while people are still stuck on trying to debate if they are savages or not, or if the analogy even works, the whole series of events and repercussions has gone way beyond that.

From what I understand the movie was made months ago. And now we have two spontaneous riots in two different countries at the same time. The White House said at first .. nah, not connected, not spontaneous. And now after some evidence we find out that both were coordinated completely. And possibly some guy released from GITMO some time back.

So GITMO could be nothing more than a catch/train/release operation in order to stir up crap in the middle east making it look like it's all Al-Queda's fault.

Whoever killed the Ambassador are indeed savages in my view.

Perhaps that is the goal of the people who make these kinds of videos and evoke these kinds of reactions? To remind the world that the extremist Muslims who take offense are nothing more than as dre says, hornets?

More likely they just want to start shit and get other people killed. Retards like Jones fancy some kind of global holy war, and hes just trying to do his best stir the pot and help make that happen.

If we are to consider these people hornets, should we be inviting these hornets into our homes? Why do we allow such large immigration rates of people from Muslim countries if we suspect a not negligible portion of them are no better than savages or bears?

let me interrupt the bigoted drivel and introduce you to some facts:

The Myth of the Muslim Tide: Do Immigrants Threaten The West

Saunders, a Globe and Mail correspondent and author of Donner Prize-winning Arrival City, sets about disputing the claims one by one, using facts from scores of demographic studies, surveys and historical documentation to prove his points. Saunders says he’s not out to defend Islam, but rather to debunk the myths and also highlight the genuinely alarming facts.

For instance, Canadian conservative commentator Steyn, Saunders says, has recently argued that every European under the age of 75 is all but guaranteed to end his or her days living in an Islamified Europe. In a 2010 campaign speech during his run for the U.S Republican presidential nomination, Newt Gingrich referenced “stealth jihad,” the idea that Muslims are taking over the West by immigration and breeding.

Saunders sets to debunk this by using various studies and statistics.

He examines one study conducted by the Washington, D.C.-based Pew Research Center and concludes that “there are no signs of Muslims becoming a European majority or even a very large minority.”

Muslims currently make up less than four per cent of the population of the European Union. Examining studies and surveys, Saunders says the rate of Muslim growth will probably level off and reach around eight per cent by 2050.

Things aren’t much different in North America. In the United States, the Muslim population will double over the next 20 years, but that would still leave them at less than two per cent of the general population, around the same as Jews.

In Canada, the Muslim population is expected to triple to just 6.6 per cent of the population in 20 years.

None of the studies (including one by the U.S. Congressional Research Service) predict anything close to a Muslim majority.

Muslims, Saunders argues, are also not reproducing faster than any other people. While he admits that immigrants do tend to have larger families, this stops within a generation or two, and Muslims in the West are not having more babies than the indigenous population. There is no conspiracy of deliberate growth, no invasion by reproductive means.

and it goes on debunking other myths of the muslim tide. like these:

in the same manner he debunks several other misconceptions:

Immigration, he says, is not a Muslim monopoly, and certainly not an Islamic plot. Most immigrants to the West are not Muslim (the only exception being France, due to its former North African colonies).

Muslim immigrants, he also argues, are not overwhelmingly guided by their religious beliefs. In France, for instance, less than five per cent of Muslims attend a mosque every Friday. Almost no French Muslims send their children to separate Islamic schools, and 42 per cent of French Muslims support the ban on hijabs and other religious items in schools.

In America, he says, “even on the explosive issue of Palestinian-Israeli relations, Muslim immigrants are abandoning the views of their home countries and falling into the American mainstream.

“In general, while [Muslim] values still lag behind those of non-immigrant neighbours… immigrants of Muslim origin are very clearly progressing toward integration at a rapid pace.”

- 'the canadian jewish news':

I need not remind readers of the claims made about Jewish immigrants – that they were a disloyal, fast-breeding fifth column bent upon imposing foreign religious laws to “Jewify” the society around them.

Edited by bud

Guest American Woman

And now after some evidence we find out that both were coordinated completely. And possibly some guy released from GITMO some time back.

So GITMO could be nothing more than a catch/train/release operation in order to stir up crap in the middle east making it look like it's all Al-Queda's fault.

I knew the blame would eventually fall back to the U.S. and you didn't disappoint. Of course if it was "some guy released from Gitmo some time back," that wouldn't indicate that the guys held at Gitmo shouldn't have been released like some were calling for, it would indicate that Gitmo is to blame. Gitmo is training Muslims to kill Americans. To make it look like al Queda's fault. Have I got that right?

More likely they just want to start shit and get other people killed. Retards like Jones fancy some kind of global holy war, and hes just trying to do his best stir the pot and help make that happen.

Jones does not advocate for violence. He is very aggressive with putting out the information which is the goal.

But at the same time we are helping to support violence overseas by supporting the rebels that took down some of these leaders, and with the help of AL-Queda.