We must stop Quebecs extortion of Canada

Quebec receives over half the transfer payments from the provinces. Quebec stated multiple times it wants to leave Canada. It hates the English Canadian but it's more than happy to take our money. By the way, I live in Quebec so I have first hand experience on how much they dislike Canada. Why should a BC student, Ontario student, Alberta or any other student in Canada have to pay more than a Quebec student? Why does the tax dollars of hard working and proud Canadians go to people that waste it and hate us? This must end...Mr Harper, stand up for Canada, stand up for Canadians. Don't give in to extortion.

I created a group on facebook. We can make a difference, we can, all united do what's right for Canada and Canadians. Join the page, spread the word..talk to your politicians..no more!

http://www.facebook.com/FedUpWithQuebec

James

Edited by Canada_james

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quebec receives over half the transfer payments from the provinces. Quebec stated multiple times it wants to leave Canada. It hates the English Canadian but it's more than happy to take our money. By the way, I live in Quebec so I have first hand experience on how much they dislike Canada. Why should a BC student, Ontario student, Alberta or any other student in Canada have to pay more than a Quebec student? Why does the tax dollars of hard working and proud Canadians go to people that waste it and hate us? This must end...Mr Harper, stand up for Canada, stand up for Canadians. Don't give in to extortion.

I created a group on facebook. We can make a difference, we can, all united do what's right for Canada and Canadians. Join the page, spread the word..talk to your politicians..no more!

James

Hi James

Welcome to MLW

Somehow I don't think you will be here long as you have posted only to advance an agenda.

Regardless, Hard Working Canadians can apply and go to University in Quebec, as a handful of my friends did.

And yes, clearly tuitution fees are too high in the other Provinces.

Transfer payments have nothing to do with the price of tuition.

Edited by madmax

yes they do. If Quebec is broke, can't pay it's bills, extorts money out of the other provinces, where they pay higher education fees, why should Canadians have to pay for spoiled Quebec students? If Queebc had a balanced budget, let them do as they please. As it's the rest of us, paying for useless art degrees, we should have a say.

Hi James

Welcome to MLW

Somehow I don't think you will be here long as you have posted only to advance an agenda.

Regardless, Hard Working Canadians can apply and go to University in Quebec, as a handful of my friends did.

Hi James

Welcome to MLW

Going to university in Quebec you still do not get the same tuition rate as a Quebec students... And transfer payments do help with tuition, as they are used to pay for other services thus the Province can allocate the free cash that they have due to the transfer payments in to education.

Hi James

Welcome to MLW

It would be nice, and refreshing, if you expressed views on a range of topics. I am an e-mail correspondent with a few pro-English speaking groups. I hope you are merely supporting a view against subsidies and pandering to a vote-powerful minority.

From your rhetoric I fear you may also be a bigot. I hope not.

If Queebc had a balanced budget, let them do as they please. As it's the rest of us, paying for useless art degrees, we should have a say.
If you claim to speak English, learn to spell. Edited by jbg

yes they do. If Quebec is broke, can't pay it's bills, extorts money out of the other provinces, where they pay higher education fees, why should Canadians have to pay for spoiled Quebec students? If Queebc had a balanced budget, let them do as they please. As it's the rest of us, paying for useless art degrees, we should have a say.

I think you need to learn how equalization payments work. It has absolutely nothing to do with Quebec's tax rate or how much money it spends.

I think you need to learn how equalization payments work. It has absolutely nothing to do with Quebec's tax rate or how much money it spends.

He/she/it has to learn to spell as well. I don't see how he/she/it made it to college given that it doesn't type or write at a college level.

Easy, you never made a typo? You mentioned expressing my views on a wide range of topics...what time did i post this? Not 2 hours ago? Even tho this board is very interesting, I can't post that quick. And a bigot, in what sense? That I say it's unfair for a broke, irresponsible province to ask for more from the rest of Canada? Did I mention the french people or language? You seem to jump to conclusions pretty quickly sir. Did you read about what Mrs Marois was going to demand mr Harper? More concessions from Ottawa..and more money.

It would be nice, and refreshing, if you expressed views on a range of topics. I am an e-mail correspondent with a few pro-English speaking groups. I hope you are merely supporting a view against subsidies and pandering to a vote-powerful minority.

From your rhetoric I fear you may also be a bigot. I hope not.

If you claim to speak English, learn to spell.

Edited by Canada_james

For sure I will move. But that doesn't make the money pit that's Quebec right. And the point that they gladly take Canadas' money, but hate it with a passion. It's like your lazy, cheating wife that will gladly take your money even tho she hates you, and she won't slow down her spending or find a job if times are tough AND she tells you as soon as she saves up enough money she's outta here. Why not just kick her out right away?

You live in Quebec James?

Ever consider moving somewhere you like?

It could be a happy outcome all round.

:D

Edited by Canada_james

James

The election results say quebec disagrees with you. You're trolling James...say...is this Pauline Marois????

Right! if Quebec didn't have the billions they get in the TOP scam they would be far better off. if you think this doesn't make sense just ask any Quebecois---- they will tell you, as the government has told them, that the Feds are stealing money from Quebec and if this weren't happening Quebec would be rolling in it.

I agree with the Quebec government in that ( and if that weren't happening Quebec would be rolling in it) only I would add 2 letters to the sentence, SH, right before and attached to the last word.

I have a couple of friends left in Quebec (the rest have moved to better places like Ontario, Alberta & the graveyards) and this couple (one a professor & the brother of a deceased Que MNA ) cannot understand why Canada has not kicked Quebec out of the DOC--- they are shocked at the lies the Que Govt teaches students & the propaganda they spew to the public in general.

Been there---- left

Well, it has a small amount to do with that part.

Not at all. Quebec can set its tax rate however it wants and it won't change their equalization payments. There's a formula for figuring out a standard provincial tax rate across the provinces and that's what the fed uses. Otherwise, provinces could just stop charging tax and have Ottawa pick up the difference. That would be no bueno.

Right! if Quebec didn't have the billions they get in the TOP scam they would be far better off. if you think this doesn't make sense just ask any Quebecois---- they will tell you, as the government has told them, that the Feds are stealing money from Quebec and if this weren't happening Quebec would be rolling in it.

I agree with the Quebec government in that ( and if that weren't happening Quebec would be rolling in it) only I would add 2 letters to the sentence, SH, right before and attached to the last word.

I have a couple of friends left in Quebec (the rest have moved to better places like Ontario, Alberta & the graveyards) and this couple (one a professor & the brother of a deceased Que MNA ) cannot understand why Canada has not kicked Quebec out of the DOC--- they are shocked at the lies the Que Govt teaches students & the propaganda they spew to the public in general.

Been there---- left

What are you talking about? None of this has anything to do with anything I've said.

Easy, you never made a typo?

You omitted an apostrophe from the title of the opening post. Unless you're like the French language police who look for apostrophes on signs to lay charges against the errant business owner (example Bob's Radiator).

Quebec could have balanced budgets if it choose to much like the Federal Government is running budget deficits. Quebec it isn't broke and you are in need of a lesson on transfer payments as they can be received by Provinces running a budget surplus.

I know of know a handful of millionaires courtesy of that Useless Arts Degree.

We have a constitution. Perhaps you need to read it.

Yes, but part of fiscal capacity is calculated using an averaged provincial tax rates, determined by the actual provincial tax rates...if that makes sense.

I see what you mean now.

In any case, Quebec actually charges the highest provincial income tax rate in the country anyway.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

Pretty tough to say they're robbing the rest of Canada for their programs.

edit: Here's a nice visual representation of income taxes by province too.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/taxseason/story/2012/03/06/f-taxseason-income-tax-rates.html

Edited by cybercoma

Going to university in Quebec you still do not get the same tuition rate as a Quebec students...

Its still cheaper then in every Province except perhaps NB.

I see nothing wrong with low tutions, students are getting debt sentences in the other provinces.

transfer payments do help with tuition, as they are used to pay for other services thus the Province can allocate the free cash that they have due to the transfer payments in to education.

There is NOTHING to stop other Provinces from lowering their tutition.

"HAVE" Provinces provide the baseline.

Have and Have not Provinces decide their tutition rates.

The rate of tutition is paid by students to the Universities, it is set by the government.

Provinces LOAN monies to Students.

Students pay.

Edited by madmax