Bain under tax investigation

I apologize, it was one tax return and the financial disclosure of last year, as the tax return isn't available yet.

no... again, one incomplete 2010 tax return!

Well he hasn't released them. Why do you think he hasn't? What could he be hiding? If you had to guess.

don't know, don't care... it has no bearing. You can keep on trying to equate tax returns to academic records - that's a winning point for any Obama supporter. However, you were supplied with 'anecdotal' evidence as to the Obama academic record at both Columbia and Harvard... there is somewhat bipartisan agreement that Obama is not a "dummy". Again, the only real questions surround his academic records at Occidental College... notwithstanding, of course, the oft described meme that Obama only was accepted at Harvard given some quota/affirmative action angle.

where's your citation, Shady?

He can't hide his tax returns from the IRS. They seem the every year, and go over them with a fine-toothed comb. You're grasping.

Don't care and it is quite apparent because the NY AG has to actually do the investigation that the IRS does miss things. Which is why now that Romney has started releasing tax returns law organizations are going back to look at these IRS claims.

no... again, one incomplete 2010 tax return!

No, it wasn't incomplete. People like you just continue to move the goal posts, which is probably why he isn't releasing more. He released his 2010 return, and 2011 financial disclosure, yet that wasn't good enough. More is required. And when he releases that, it won't be good enough either. Even more will be required. Rinse and repeat.

don't know, don't care... it has no bearing.

But if you had to guess, why would you think he hasn't released them? Forum member Bleeding Heart had some pretty good answers.

Obama Should Release His College Transcripts

Let’s assume for a moment that people do care about what they should be concerned about – the reason why the current president isn’t releasing his data. In particular, many – including me – are interested in what information the college transcripts have to offer about Obama. Certainly, the release of Obama’s college data would tell us more about Obama that we don’t know than Romney’s tax data would tell us about Romney that we don’t already know

CBS - Chicago

Don't care and it is quite apparent because the NY AG has to actually do the investigation that the IRS does miss things. Which is why now that Romney has started releasing tax returns law organizations are going back to look at these IRS claims.

So going by that logic, the Georgia judge that issued subpoenas regarding Obama's college registrations means that Obama is under investigation right?

So going by that logic, the Georgia judge that issued subpoenas regarding Obama's college registrations means that Obama is under investigation right?

How did that story end again Shady? Oh yah the judge retracted his original order and apologized? So no it doesn't mean that all.

Some of us live in the real world not in the one in which you and Eastwood live where you can see an invisible Obama that does things no one else can find proof of.

Edited by punked

But if you had to guess, why would you think he hasn't released them? Forum member Bleeding Heart had some pretty good answers.

I appreciate the compliment, as they are rare around here :)...but my main point was that, first, I don't think either of the "devil's advocate" answers I offered were plausible, and that, second, I don't think it's relevant anyway.

No, it wasn't incomplete. People like you just continue to move the goal posts, which is probably why he isn't releasing more. He released his 2010 return, and 2011 financial disclosure, yet that wasn't good enough. More is required. And when he releases that, it won't be good enough either. Even more will be required. Rinse and repeat.

no - you're lying again. The 2010 return is most incomplete... you've been linked to many reputable citations stating as much - you simply refuse to accept it. Where are the missing 2010 IRS forms that detail Romney's offshore holdings... where are they Shady? Is there a problem?

again, you know, the Obama campaign issued a formal challenge/commitment... that if Romney released the 5 most recent years of his tax returns, they would not ask for any more; nor, would they criticize Romney further for not releasing more than 5 years... nor, would they further criticize Romney for delays in releasing his tax returns. You know all this - it's been stated to you many times over, cited in detail. You know this - you're simply lying again. It's what you do - it's what you're about... nothing more, nothing less.

How did that story end again Shady? Oh yah the judge retracted his original order and apologized? So no it doesn't mean that all.

Ah, so he WAS under investigation then!

I appreciate the compliment, as they are rare around here :)...but my main point was that, first, I don't think either of the "devil's advocate" answers I offered were plausible, and that, second, I don't think it's relevant anyway.

I tend to agree with you on this.

Where are the missing 2010 IRS forms that detail Romney's offshore holdings... where are they Shady? Is there a problem?

That form isn't a tax return. However, the IRS sees that every year as well. You just want Romney to release it so it can be used as a political prop, full of the usual distortions. Hey, Romney's rich! He also has offshore holding! (Which btw, is normal for any business that operates globally)

again, you know, the Obama campaign issued a formal challenge/commitment

Right. Because campaigns have never broken promises before. Also, does that formal challenge/commitment include the Obama SuperPacs?

Ah, so he WAS under investigation then!

No according to the judge who said that he was being unreasonable. I guess if you want to make up your own facts and own history for that invisible Obama that was sitting in that chair next to Eastwood you could. Although I would be in the right to say you have are a bit mentally deranged because of it.

That form isn't a tax return. However, the IRS sees that every year as well. You just want Romney to release it so it can be used as a political prop, full of the usual distortions. Hey, Romney's rich! He also has offshore holding! (Which btw, is normal for any business that operates globally)

We just want Romney to be as Open and transparent as Obama has been, and Romney's father was. That is it Shady. It isn't a gotcha game we just want to know about the man Mitt Romney and his history as we have all Presidential candidates. We have reached a point where Politician from Quebec and Chicago are more open about their tax record then the Republican running for President and that is a real problem coming from two places known for the corrupt politicians.

no - you're lying again. The 2010 return is most incomplete... you've been linked to many reputable citations stating as much - you simply refuse to accept it. Where are the missing 2010 IRS forms that detail Romney's offshore holdings... where are they Shady? Is there a problem?

no - as you've been schooled on before, those 2010 IRS forms are a part of the 2010 tax return... detailing off-shore holdings and how they were addressed within the return. You can't separate one from the other. The only reason Romney has to exclude them from his "released" 2010 tax return... is that he has something to hide. What is Mitt hiding, hey Shady?

again, you know, the Obama campaign issued a formal challenge/commitment... that if Romney released the 5 most recent years of his tax returns, they would not ask for any more; nor, would they criticize Romney further for not releasing more than 5 years... nor, would they further criticize Romney for delays in releasing his tax returns. You know all this - it's been stated to you many times over, cited in detail. You know this - you're simply lying again. It's what you do - it's what you're about... nothing more, nothing less.
Right. Because campaigns have never broken promises before. Also, does that formal challenge/commitment include the Obama SuperPacs?

considering the challenge/promise was formally made between campaign heads of each party... considering the challenge/promise was significantly reported on by the major media outlets, do you really think the Obama campaign would renege on it's promise... besides, they only need the 5 latest years of Romney's returns to flush out the meat of the allegations/rumours. As for your ridiculous comment on SuperPacs, you know full well neither campaign has any control over the SuperPacs. But really Shady, c'mon... what's Romney hiding in his tax returns?

The NYT is report Bain along with many other firms are under investigation for tax evasion. They could have cheated the system out of as much as 200 million in taxes, and ripped Medicare off by as much as 20 million.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/business/inquiry-on-tax-strategy-adds-to-scrutiny-of-finance-firms.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

This only makes me want to see more of Mitts Taxes. If nothing else then to shin the light of day on these types of practices that are cheating the system out of taxes but that the public doesn't know about.

How do you suppose this is going to affect the Romney campaign?

I think Romney's campaign is going to be most affected by real tangible things that the lowest common denominator can understand. Paul Ryan lying about his marathon time. That's going to be the Romney Campaign's $16 orange juice. Political lies are often confusing because they involve complex topics that people aren't educated about. Ryan lying about something stupid that doesn't matter at all in the election and is something people can easily quantify and understand..... that's a huge problem.

Look at how long it was played in the media that Romney strapped his dog to the roof of his car. That's another one of those things.

Edited by cybercoma

Look at how long it was played in the media that Romney strapped his dog to the roof of his car. That's another one of those things.

When I first heard about it, I thought he must have been mistaken or taken out of context. I really didn't think he would be that stupid to outright lie about something so unimportant.

It says a lot about his character. There's really no excuse for that.

The NYT is report Bain along with many other firms are under investigation for tax evasion. They could have cheated the system out of as much as 200 million in taxes, and ripped Medicare off by as much as 20 million.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/business/inquiry-on-tax-strategy-adds-to-scrutiny-of-finance-firms.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

This only makes me want to see more of Mitts Taxes. If nothing else then to shin the light of day on these types of practices that are cheating the system out of taxes but that the public doesn't know about.

Mitt should release more taxes when we can all see Obama's college papers.

Mitt should release more taxes when we can all see Obama's college papers.

Mitt Romney should release more taxes the next we land on the moon.

What does one have to do with the other? Well nothing but stupid is as stupid does. Mitt should release more taxes if he wants to get elected and keep hiding them if be doesn't because the slow drip, another tax story every week isn't helping at all.

Mitt Romney should release more taxes the next we land on the moon.

What does one have to do with the other? Well nothing but stupid is as stupid does. Mitt should release more taxes if he wants to get elected and keep hiding them if be doesn't because the slow drip, another tax story every week isn't helping at all.

Mitt's gonna be just fine.

What does one have to do with the other? SImply that no one vetted the current sitting President. When it was revealed that Obama sat in the pews of a racist America hating preacher for TWENTY YEARS!!!, the press all took a vacation up to Wasilla to search for dirt and concerned themselves with which magazines Palin reads.

Obama was a very left wing student of critical race theory during his college years, and his buddies at Harvard don't want America to see what his real ideas were as a college student, because they know it would destroy him. In his own words, President Obama has "become good at being what I think people want me to be" - ie. a liar about himself.

Mitt Ropmney, on the other hand, has spent his life creating businesses, jobs, fixing problems, helping the needy and just generally being an upstanding guy.

So what do the two have in common? The only reason Obama wants more taxes is because they will find something - anything - to conjure up more bullshit to lie about in an ad. Same goes for Obama's college records.

Everybody has a past. If the Obama camp demands more fodder to crucify Romney, it's only fair that Obama cough up some of his secrets of the past as well. Don't you find it strange his college records are sealed?

Edited by JerrySeinfeld