More Conservative Election Fraud

So the Harper's head deflector on the huge Conservative election fraud/robocall scandal is under investigation now for elections financing violations. There is a smoking gun in the form of a 21,000 dollar cheque written from Dean DelMastro's personal account. So Deano, is this just another ubsubstantiated smear campaign? Did your buddies at Hollingshead research enjoy the 125,000 dollars of our tax money? I always said the "action plan" was just a "steal taxpayers money and give it to Conservative buddies plan", but did you guys need to be so obvious about it? I can't believe there isn't already a thread about this, but with so many Conservative violations of the elections act I guess its getting hard to keep up.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/06/08/pol-questions-for-dean-del-mastro.html

So the Harper's head deflector on the huge Conservative election fraud/robocall scandal is under investigation now for elections financing violations. There is a smoking gun in the form of a 21,000 dollar cheque written from Dean DelMastro's personal account. So Deano, is this just another ubsubstantiated smear campaign? Did your buddies at Hollingshead research enjoy the 125,000 dollars of our tax money? I always said the "action plan" was just a "steal taxpayers money and give it to Conservative buddies plan", but did you guys need to be so obvious about it? I can't believe there isn't already a thread about this, but with so many Conservative violations of the elections act I guess its getting hard to keep up.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/06/08/pol-questions-for-dean-del-mastro.html

Already being discussed in the Original Election Fraud thread.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=20400&st=2250

Edited by madmax

What about when the NDP was caught twice I think taking illigal money from big unions, now there is something that got very little air time.

Edited by PIK

What about when the NDP was caught twice I think taking illigal money from big unions, now there is something that got very little air time.

actually it's been played up a fair amount... why, you flogged it to no end yourself, right? In any case, what does it have to do with election fraud... more election fraud... more Harper Conservative election fraud?

Oh no, It stuck as in "Guilty".. And they still refuse to disclose exactly just how much they took from the pool of Union dues..

Meanwhile, Doesnt look like Elections Canada has anything on the Tories..

Guilty vs Innocent till proven guilty...

Oh yea, I remember that.

Looks like it didn't stick.

well I think we are all aware that CBC would never broadcast that

Yes, because as we have been informed for many, many years, the CBC is inherently, unequivocally partisan and biased towards the Liberals, and always has been....er...oops.

Guess it's time to conveniently change the narrative about CBC bias.

The CBC is inherently biased in favour of the NDP, and always has been.

Read the Book "Sins of Ommision" where a Barry Cooper (a Political Scientist) listed hundreds of examples to the bias.. Yes, it was a study...

Interesting to note as well, the CBC has NEVER used the name "Sins of Ommision" or uttered the word on the air even when asked about it in a forum of journalists?. Shortly after, the CBC conducted thier own internal study on thier own Bias and commented that "the CBC study finds that the CBC is not biased". Interesting.. And ran this story and "findings" for weeks...

And why wont they tell us to date how much they spend and where? After all, its tax-payer funded!?!? Again, why the lack of transparency from the left??

Ohh yea, And the "Canadian Media Guild" makes up 4500 CBC employees.. With the feuds and stance with all unions against the Tory government and the Voters asking for Financial control, do you REALLY believe there is no Bias??? Really???

SIMPLY, have a look at http://www.cmg.ca/en/

Topics like "CBC must survive "Harpeland"???? No bias huh? And a nice topic called "A few reasons to join a union"???? Um yea... Click the link,, I dare you

Yes, because as we have been informed for many, many years, the CBC is inherently, unequivocally partisan and biased towards the Liberals, and always has been....er...oops.

Guess it's time to conveniently change the narrative about CBC bias.

The CBC is inherently biased in favour of the NDP, and always has been.

Edited by Fletch 27

Read the Book "Sins of Ommision" where a Barry Cooper (a Political Scientist) listed hundreds of examples to the bias.. Yes, it was a study...

And it found the CBC biased towards the NDP over the other major parties?

:) I think not.

Better yet, read Manufacturing Consent by Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky. It is a broad and meticulously researched work about media bias in general; to my knowledge, it has yet to be equalled in scope and insight, after more than twenty years.

It's an institutional critique, which is literally the only rational way to study...an institution!

And why wont they tell us to date how much they spend and where? After all, its tax-payer funded!?!? Again, why the lack of transparency from the left??

The CBC is not "left." It is a mainstream news source. (That's not a defense of it, by the way.)

do you REALLY believe there is no Bias??? Really???

I certainly believe there is bias--multiple biases, in fact, but the prominent bias is towards wealth and power, wherever it resides on the political spectrum. Major news media is in effect a propaganda arm of the government/business nexus...as is predictable, given institutional underpinnings.

I'm only answering the implied, discredited conservative convention: that the media in general is "biased towards the Left."

The opposition parties should overspend.. I mean, it's worked for the conservatives.. they keep winning and the only punishment they get is 5000 dollars. There are no rules since EC is allowing these MPs to break the rules by not sending out harsh punishments to stop it.

Edited by Anti-Am

No MP will ever face 5 years in jail for election fraud. Elections Canada does not have the guts. They are a gutless watchdog group just like the rest of them.

Besides, that's the maximum penalty for the most egregious offences. This can hardly be considered the worst possible circumstances imaginable.

Besides, that's the maximum penalty for the most egregious offences. This can hardly be considered the worst possible circumstances imaginable.

They wouldn't crackdown anyway even if an offense was the worst they've ever seen. Them cracking down means less kickbacks for them. Less buddy, buddy with the government and less parties they are invited to.