Bullying The Teacher

Lol does it make you feel better to insult someone else's non-existent kids? I've made it very clear that the reason I oppose teachers meddling in this stuff is because most teachers are bad, just bad. I went through school myself, and unlike some of you fossils here I can still remember those days. The vast majority of the teachers were not particularly intelligent, not more moral than anyone else, not really any kind of superb examples to look up to. No more so than any other average adult member of society. If parents are on average poorly qualified to teach kids morals, then so are teachers.

The teacher profession has been dumbed down a lot. Most teachers just dumbly repeat the same material that they have been programmed to recite from year to year. This material usually sucks, but as long as they stick to it, at least all kids are getting the same sucky experience. When most teachers try to deviate from this, being bad, they only make things worse.

Now, there are definitely good teachers out there too, and they can make all the difference in the world. I had the fortune to have as many as 5 good teachers out of a total of about 25-30 during my time in elementary and high school. But they are rare and getting ever rarer.

There is one retired high school teacher and one current grade school teacher in our family. Both have eluded to the same thing. The material is not up to par across the board. Policies like no child left behind, or whatever you want to call it where you are, are actually doing more harm than good. Kids fail, and yet still get passed to the next grade, because it might hurt their seld esteem or something like that.

As for the good teacher being rare, I agree 100%. I only had a couple memorable teachers during all my school years. My Ancient History teacher in high school was an example. He treated us like people with lots of respect, and he got the same back. We learned a lot (regardless of my crappy final grade) and I remember the most from his class compared to all others.

When one teacher makes a difference in your life, you will forever remember it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OJ was found innocent. But how many think he is still guilty?

So? Is that some kind of new measure in our justice system? Innocent until proven guilty, she was proven innocent thereby you should be satisfied with the judgement especially since none of us were there or know how detailed the investigation was. There could be witnesses to what happened or video or the kid could have finally admitted he lied. If we use OJ as a measuring unit then everyone who is acquitted must be guilty and on the flip side we can start questioning wether a guilty verdict means guilty. I have no doubt Michael Rafferty was responsible in one way or another for the little girl's death, nor do I have any doubt that Russell Williams was responsible for at least 2 murders and I don't remember how many rapes and break ins.When considering if someone is innocent or guilty we look at the facts directly related to the case rather then what happened to a guy in a different case with different circumstances.

OJ was found innocent. But how many think he is still guilty?

About the only thing of any relevance in this statement is that they both relate in a very vague way to fruit. Could you make a better attempt at at being irrelevant please?

As stated earlier this is just a case of a mountain being made out of a molehill.

Unlike some of you more immature posters here, the "fossils," whose memories serve them very well, have also had the advantage of maturing and growing wiser - something I suspect you've yet to experience. You still come across like a punk know-it-all, and generally speaking, they are the ones who have the most to learn from experience. There's much more to "intelligence" than cognitive intelligence.

This seems pretty unfair to young poster Bonam, who for my money holds his own, no problem, with all the doddering old opionators here, including myself. (And Bonam and I disagree as often as not...at least as often as not.)

The disrespect shown to the young is pretty evident, however.

Guest American Woman

This seems pretty unfair to young poster Bonam, who for my money holds his own, no problem, with all the doddering old opionators here, including myself. ....

My response clearly wasn't aimed at "the young," but perhaps "young poster Bonam" ( :lol:) appreciates your stepping up in his defense all the same. ;)

Edited by American Woman

My response clearly wasn't aimed at "the young,"

OK...to "punk know-it-alls," which I assume is distinct somehow from middle-aged know-it-alls."

but perhaps "young poster Bonam" ( :lol:) appreciates your stepping up in his defense all the same. ;)

Maybe. I didn't post it to please or to displease him; I only said what I thought.

Guest American Woman

OK...to "punk know-it-alls," which I assume is distinct somehow from middle-aged know-it-alls."

By George, I think you've got it! :) It's an attitude, not an age - as in Bonam's "unlike some of you fossils here I can still remember those days" response - ironically, to someone younger in age than he is.

Maybe. I didn't post it to please or to displease him; I only said what I thought.

I know exactly why you posted it. ;)

By George, I think you've got it! :) It's an attitude, not an age - as in Bonam's "unlike some of you fossils here I can still remember those days" response - ironically, to someone younger in age than he is.

Bonam's attitude, for better or worse, seems no different to me than most of the posters here.

I know exactly why you posted it. ;)

Of course; since I just told you why I posted it, and since you quoted me in your reply, I take it for granted that you understood.

Guest American Woman

Bonam's attitude, for better or worse, seems no different to me than most of the posters here.

Then you must be a busy man, responding to everyone who sees things differently than you do.

Of course; since I just told you why I posted it, and since you quoted me in your reply, I take it for granted that you understood.

I understand plenty, and it's not due to your 'explanations' .... ;)

Then you must be a busy man, responding to everyone who sees things differently than you do.

I'm not sure I disagree and respond to anyone any more than you do.

I understand plenty, and it's not due to your 'explanations' .... ;)

Then instead of playing the Cryptic Remarks game, perhaps you could try to spell things out a little more plainly.

• 3 months later...

Хочется смотреть видео или фильмы на своём мобильном (N95).

Какую прогу посоветуете для конвертирования в мобильный формат, чтобы было хорошее качество.

Вот, например архив с фильмами, хочется примерно такого качества.

Допустим, этот фильм Сибирь. Монамур