Rob Ford loses it again

He didn't mug him for his phone for pete's sakes, he just chased after him so the reporter threw it down.

According to the reporter, he chased after him with his fist raised and demanded the phone. Sounds like a mugging to me.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's unbelievable is your inability to comprehend how someone who's privacy is being invaded would upset them.

What's unbelievable is that you think Ford can chase somebody off public land and threaten them with his fist and tell them to "drop the phone".

He's out of line ... again.

Ford HATES the Star, won't talk to them, won't even send them official city press releases. They have no such obligation and I doubt he'd consider it a courtesy.

Exactly! It would obviously be considered provocation to send one of their reporters over to his place to check out real estate in the area.

Somebody built that pile of blocks but the reporter says it wasn't him and he wasn't on it. Proof otherwise?

Prove he didn't. He was the only one back there, and the neighbors apparently keep pretty close track of who's messing around out behind their property.

Got any more fat jokes you can insert into your sophisticated political commentary, Guyser?

With this Mayor? I could go all day.

Truth is he is an embarassment. One only need follow his daily sched to figure that out.

He hadnt the slightest idea what he got himself into. And to see how woefully unprepared he is in the job makes it even worse.

An idea floating around is that he was put up as a pawn to run for mayor by his brother. Doug is always around commenting to the media, he is much more savvy with reporters, and he is far more successful with the family business than Rob is. One only has to see the lifestyle of Doug, from house to position at Deco to see that.

Who was beside Rob with all the answers and numbers when the two brothers announced the supposed bid for an NFL team? Thats one of numerous examples.

Rob Ford created his persona sitting as a councillor nipping at the then Mayors heels with various and sundry comments, critcisms, mocking and generally boorish behaviour. He was a loose cannon then, but his cannon was much smaller, being Rexdale North riding, whereby his riding office was all bare bones, not a damn thing in it because Rob was never there. He was good w the phone calls, but nothing much ever came out of them. It was smoke and mirrors.

Now he is on the big stage. And all the cracks and belittling he used to do is now coming at him. And his response is to cry about it. His little charade is pathetic.

One does not have to be very smart to realize one should not get into a war of words with someone who buys ink by the gallon. Rob Ford couldnt figure that out. Still cant. He wants to deny any press if one Star reporter is present. Really Rob? You really want the other papers to stand up and skewer Rob because one Star reporter was there? Thats classic stupidity right there.

I also grew up around that family, particularly his sister . She was in all my classes thru primary and middle school. I know the abilities of the brains in that family. Apart from dad and in some respects Doug, there isnt any more available. Dad is dead, sis has one attempted murder charge, 1 murder charge and another attempted murder by boyfriends, heroin addiction and so on and so on. Rob was the fat one growing up, jolly convivial, and not a shred of brain upstairs. Kathy was marginally better.

Throw in Robs police escapades and a narrative and picture gets painted.

Doug still is on the losing weight thing, ROb is not , his love for KFC shows that.Doug knows the press will play on that.

Throw in the Marg Delahunty thing, with pics of Rob smiling and laughing, yet he was scared for his life??......something ain't gibing here.

Do I really need to re-hash the lying and obfuscations of Mayor Ford? (I have video ! I have pictures? I have security cameras collecting all of XXX!---Sure Rob, show us please! Oh no, cant do that. <---thats lying)

So, lets look at his governance.

ROb now has a surplus. Good for you R....wait a sec, how did you manage that when there were no true savings found?

See, Mayor Ford got lucky and the economy in Toronto is rumbling right along, people are buying houses non-stop in this city, and with that, they are paying the ladn transfer tax. That alone has accounted for the surplus.

And that land transfer tax , its the same one he campaigned on to get rid of.

So wrong idea , and too slow to implement it, he gets lucky and it saves his bacon for the next couple of months.

That is the classic case of stupidity , and luck, rolled into one.

Now, do I like all the press shite that comes down on this guy? Not really, I felt the NOW magazine cover page was obscene in its skewering of his fatness, and the article was even worse, But then again, NOW is not much in the way of journalism, and heavily slanted far far left. There current (maybe prior) demi-god was John Sewell who if memory serves me right, tried to get all roads grassed over and bikes issued to everyone so we could have a green city. Sewell was Mayor for a spell.

The other papers, especially the Nat'l Post are slapping the Star silly today , calling them juvenile , commenting on the obscene amount of print he gets in the Star. Yet.....funny that. The Nat'l Post ran photos of the yard in question, photos of the journa, a coloumn running about the whole thing, a front page article and numerous pages inside.

Kind of like me castigating your house for being yellow, whilst painting my house yellow. But its a shade different yellow see.......

So, lets hope the rest of the papers in this city keep on hammering him. Convince him he should never run for office again.

Maybe the city can accommodate his love for the people and put him on parking duty and get walking his way to a leaner meaner , but still mentally deficient, person.

:lol: :lol: :lol:...Oh I'm sorry, you were serious.

Tell ya what.

Go try it w some random stranger who is much smaller than you. See what happens when the cops come.

Oh, and let that phone show it was in use when you had it 45 minutes later.

Gosh...bet you arent :lol::lol: now !

The Star and their reporter knew full well what Ford's reaction would be in advance of the reporter showing up. Regardless of the parkland purchase angle, they knew they would get a story simply from the anticipated interaction between the reporter and Ford.

If what you say is correct then....

The dufus fell for it hook,line,and,sinker...

Exactly! It would obviously be considered provocation to send one of their reporters over to his place to check out real estate in the area.

The citizens of Toronto have every right to know what public property may be sold off, to whom and why, and the media have a responsibility to keep them informed of what's being done with our public assets.

If Rob Ford doesn't want the media around, he should get out of politics.

Now there's a solution! :D

According to the reporter, he chased after him with his fist raised and demanded the phone. Sounds like a mugging to me.

Seriously....

That reporter has GOT to get in shape...

If you can't outrun The Michelin Man,you've got health issues...

The Star and their reporter knew full well what Ford's reaction would be in advance of the reporter showing up. Regardless of the parkland purchase angle, they knew they would get a story simply from the anticipated interaction between the reporter and Ford.

Now you are just being ridiculous ...

The fact that Ford is a brainless hothead blowhard is his problem, not the Star's.

A reporter doing his job was accosted by the mayor on public property.

The the mayor threatened him and demanded and took and used his cellphone.

End of story.

Edited by jacee

Tell ya what.

Go try it w some random stranger who is much smaller than you. See what happens when the cops come.

Oh, and let that phone show it was in use when you had it 45 minutes later.

Gosh...bet you arent :lol::lol: now !

Some little punk comes rummaging around my property line freaking out the neighbors and family, we definitely will see what happens. He'd get his phone back, but he may have to do some digging to retrieve it. And the only thing I find funny is the interpretation of what allegedly happened as a mugging. I don't think this is a joke at all.

Some little punk comes rummaging around my property line freaking out the neighbors and family, we definitely will see what happens.

Hopefully you don't live beside a public park, like Ford does. Otherwise you'll be mugging people quite regularly.

Im guessing you didnt re-read before posting?

Some little punk comes rummaging around my property line freaking out the neighbors and family, we definitely will see what happens.

You could stop there, since no you are advocating something happening to someone on public property.

Ya like handcuffs huh?

He'd get his phone back, but he may have to do some digging to retrieve it.

So you/d bury it, and in that case you are in possession of stoen property . Just like Mayor Rob.

See how that works?

And the only thing I find funny is the interpretation of what allegedly happened as a mugging. I don't think this is a joke at all.

Call it what you will, the correct description is Robbery.

A robbery is generally defined as: any theft or attempted theft where violence is used or the threat of violence is implied

Hows about them handcuffs?

Edited by guyser

Call it what you will, the correct description is Robbery.

A robbery is generally defined as: any theft or attempted theft where violence is used or the threat of violence is implied

Hows about them handcuffs?

Maybe he felt bad the poor chap dropped his phone and was just trying to give it back. When the frightened fellow ran off, maybe he tried calling the last number called to see about getting the lost property back to him.

What I see are lots of Torontonians and the Toronto Star woefully unprepared for a conservative mayor.

I think saying all conservatives are fuelled by rage is going a bit far. There are some very reasonable conservatives out there who don't mug people in parks.

Some little punk comes rummaging around my property line freaking out the neighbors and family, we definitely will see what happens. He'd get his phone back, but he may have to do some digging to retrieve it. And the only thing I find funny is the interpretation of what allegedly happened as a mugging. I don't think this is a joke at all.

Then you'd be charged with theft, possibly assault if you grabbed it from him, or grabbed him.

You obviously don't live in a city. People come around your property line all the time. They're called neighbours.

And if you back onto public property, they're called citizens who have every right to be there.

You don't go charging at them - ON PUBLIC PROPERTY - threatening them with your fist and demanding their camera ...

Unless you're an idiot like Rob Ford. :)

Define attack. He never laid a hand on Mr. Dale. He's verbally accosted him but that's not against the law.

Under cc. 264.1

(1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat

(a) to cause death or
bodily harm
to any person;

(
B)
to burn, destroy or
damage real or personal property
; or

© to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person.

(2) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(a) is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or

(
B)
an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

(3) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(B) or ©

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or

(
B)
is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Edited by cybercoma

As I've said, I really don't much care what happens in the self-styled centre of the universe. Ford might be a vapid idiot. I don't really know. But if he is, well, he's in good company among his fellow municipal politicians, in Toronto and elsewhere. He clearly has a temper and gets emotional. Good. I kind of like him for that. It makes him human. That sets him far apart from the blow-dried, bland, whey faced political careerists out there. Case in point, Ottawa's mayor. He's a professional politicians who's never had an original thought in his life, and never says anything, takes any position, makes any decision without running it past the spin doctors and media analysts. Every word out of his mouth is written by someone else, then analyzed to ensure lack of offensiveness, then rehearsed before a mirror before he's ever set out in front of the media by his expert handlers.

Gee, kind of like Dalton McGuinty, come to think of it: another bland nobody with no ideas, vision or brains.

So you got a guy who actually says what he thinks, and maybe he is a bit of a blowhard, but I'd still trade you for the guy in my town.

Maybe he felt bad the poor chap dropped his phone and was just trying to give it back. When the frightened fellow ran off, maybe he tried calling the last number called to see about getting the lost property back to him.

Ya ... that's why he threatened him and yelled at him to "drop the phone".

Mhmm ... sure ... :lol:

No more ridiculous than someone calling for a protest every time someone farts.

He FARTED at the reporter?!?!?

That's another assault charge!!

Could be a 'deadly weapon' charge, depending on what he had to eat: Those KFC farts are pretty damn toxic!! :lol: