Who have you voted for?

If you want to know if a product is good, ask the people who buy it.

I'd like to ask those who are willing to share, who did you vote for in past Federal and Provincial elections, and how happy were you with the result?

Me:

2003 Provincial

I voted for the PEINDP. I was the Candidate!

2004 Federal

I voted for Paul Martin. I was sort of happy with what he did in that term.

2006 Federal

I voted for Stephen Harper. I wanted Senate Reform. I'm still waiting...

2007 Provincial

I voted for John Tory. He was such a hardcore failure, I was not happy with the result.

2008 Federal

I voted for the Green Party of Canada and was happy to see the party do so well.

2011 Federal

I voted Green again, and was very happy to see May get elected.

2011 Provincial

I voted Ontario NDP, and after this budget thing, I've never been happier with my vote.

Municipally, I've voted for Pitfield, then Smitherman. I'm quite upset they both vanished from public view.

I don't feel like making a list. Suffice it to say that except for one mayoral election, every other candidate in provincial, municipal and federal elections I voted for in the last 14 years has lost. But that poor batting average won't ever stop me from voting. I'm presently a federal Conservative Party supporter so overall it makes things bearable.

Here's a question to all who support the Conservatives. IF a a the PC party came back to Ottawa and we had the Conservatives vs the Progressive Conservatives, which would one would you support with Harper as the leader of the Conservatives and say MacKay, Clements, Baird or anyone that was a original PC for the PC?

Here's a question to all who support the Conservatives. IF a a the PC party came back to Ottawa and we had the Conservatives vs the Progressive Conservatives, which would one would you support with Harper as the leader of the Conservatives and say MacKay, Clements, Baird or anyone that was a original PC for the PC?

You should start a new thread with a poll asking this question with responses PC, CPC, Don't Know. I would be interested to see how it pans out.

I vote candidate, not party, and I have never voted strategically though have at times handed in blank ballots.

So far not one that I've ever voted for has ever won, though in most cases I also knew the person did not stand a chance but voted for them anyway on principle.

So if I ever say I'll vote for you, and you consider my batting average, beware.

I vote candidate, not party, and I have never voted strategically though have at times handed in blank ballots.

So far not one that I've ever voted for has ever won, though in most cases I also knew the person did not stand a chance but voted for them anyway on principle.

So if I ever say I'll vote for you, and you consider my batting average, beware.

You shouldn't hand in blank ballots. They're counted differently than ones that you ruin by scratching through all the circles.

You shouldn't hand in blank ballots. They're counted differently than ones that you ruin by scratching through all the circles.

How are they counted differently?

I have considered writing in the name of someone in the local riding that I would vote for, so as to make it a vote for something as opposed to an empty protest vote. Maybe I'll do that next time I don't have anyone worth voting for. I'll just keep an eye out in the papers for locals who've proven themselves worthy members of the community and write one of their names in instead I suppose.

Edited by Machjo

Don't remember the years. Suffice to say I've never been satisfied with any government at any level in Canada in my life.

Nor am I now.

Mind you, I've been less dissatisfied with Harper's government than I have all the other federal government's I've seen to date.

I havent voted federally since the 90's.

If I only get to pick between Jeffrey Dalmer, and Charles manson when Im picking a babysitter I wont pick either... I wont think to myself "well at least Manson didnt drill holes in kids heads and pour acid in them", and vote for him because hes a tiny bit less terrible (a good analogy for the way that most people vote today). Ill stay home with the kids myself.

I havent voted federally since the 90's.

If I only get to pick between Jeffrey Dalmer, and Charles manson when Im picking a babysitter I wont pick either... I wont think to myself "well at least Manson didnt drill holes in kids heads and pour acid in them", and vote for him because hes a tiny bit less terrible (a good analogy for the way that most people vote today). Ill stay home with the kids myself.

Ridiculous hyperbole aside, you leave out the fact that one of those IS going to be the babysitter regardless of whether you choose or not. All you're doing is saying "Whatever, you decide" as if you don't give a damn. Which pretty much makes any further input on your behalf or limited importance. You don't vote. So you don't get to complain about anything.

I turned 18 three weeks after the 2006 election which really annoyed me. I wanted to vote. In that election I likely would have voted Liberal.

In the 2007 Ontario election I voted Green and 'No' to electoral reform. A vote I now regret. In the 2008 Federal election I also voted Green. My Green votes were more of a protest vote due to my unhappiness with the other options.

In both the Federal and Provincial elections of 2012 I voted NDP. Since I've been voting I have only voted for one candidate who actually won the election, Paul Dewar.

I'm quite happy with Dewar overall.

Federal

1988 - Liberal

1993 - Reform

1997 - Reform

2000 - Alliance

2004 - Conservative

2006 - Conservative

2008 - Conservative

2011 - Conservative

Manitoba Provincial

1988 - Liberal

1990 - PC

1995 - PC

1999 - PC

2003 - PC

2007 - PC

2011 - PC

I've done the final counts in several elections, I've never seen either counted at all.

An article out today says Harper party has lost more under a majority then he did under a minority government. What the reason? Is it Canadians are getting tired of the same party, which voters do or is it voters don't like what been happening since 2011 election, the possibility of voter fraud for one and the possibility some Tories had something to do with it. Of course, it could be the change in CPP and OAS, GIS, Canadians don't like any government messing with their social programs. So who would win the next election? If the Tories numbers keep dropping, it could be a majority or minority for the NDP unless something surprising happens. I think the Liberals will have to take a back seat for now and wait until the election in 2019 and its also depends on their leader.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/a-year-in-harpers-lost-more-ground-in-majority-than-two-minorities/article2417469/page2/

An article out today says Harper party has lost more under a majority then he did under a minority government. What the reason? Is it Canadians are getting tired of the same party, which voters do or is it voters don't like what been happening since 2011 election, the possibility of voter fraud for one and the possibility some Tories had something to do with it. Of course, it could be the change in CPP and OAS, GIS, Canadians don't like any government messing with their social programs. So who would win the next election? If the Tories numbers keep dropping, it could be a majority or minority for the NDP unless something surprising happens. I think the Liberals will have to take a back seat for now and wait until the election in 2019 and its also depends on their leader.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/a-year-in-harpers-lost-more-ground-in-majority-than-two-minorities/article2417469/page2/

Waaaaaay too early to tell. Party's tend to get a bump after leadership campaigns, but I'm hopefully that the boost for the NDP sticks. If the Conservatives going on the attack is going to continue to look as idiotic as Harper trying to say the NDP supported the Nazis, then the NDP might even take Alberta (j/k).

Didn't really vote until last year.

Went with NDP for the federal election and Liberal for the Ontario election. Pretty irked that the CPC got a majority and satisfied with the minority Liberal outcome.

Rename your Nom de guerre Mental loss.

I have voted Liberal, then spent some time conferring with a psychiatrist

and now vote Consrevative.

When I voted Liberal I was a member of the Air Force (at that time the armed forces were still armed) & since the liberals were proven to be members of a thieves association, I have voted for the the Conservative party what ever they called themselves.

I`m happy with Harper, I wonder what goes thru the so-called minds of the people who vote for the NDP and know that the when the Green party gets into power in ANY government in the world all the world`s practical people will have colonized and be on Mars.

Edited by Tilter