Livin' It Up, Government Employee Styles...

Must be nice being a government employee, competetly sheltered from economic reality, spending other people's money on videos, Las Vegas conferences complete with catered food and drink and a mock red carpet with a paparazzi theme. :rolleyes:

GSA Again Under Fire, Now Over Video Spoof

The same government agency already under fire for wasteful spending at a Las Vegas conference is under further scrutiny today for a newly discovered video featuring a U.S. General Services Administration employee joking about excess government spending.

The video features a GSA employee, identified as Hank Terlaje, playing the ukulele to the tune of Travie McCoy & Bruno Mars’ “I Wanna Be a Billionaire,” and rapping about what life would be like were he to become the GSA administrator, or in his parlance “Commissioner.” Among his promises, ironically, is that the agency would “never be under OIG investigation.”

ABC News

The worst part of this, is that this particular agency is suppose to keep government accountable regarding how it spends tax money. /facepalm

To sum it up:

Four days, 300 people, $823,000 in taxpayer money down the drain (including $146,000 in catered food and drink). They also followed neither federal procurement laws nor their own policy on conference spending. On the bright side, so far 8 people have been fired, and one suspended. Hopefully there's more to come.

Must be nice being a government employee, competetly sheltered from economic reality, spending other people's money on videos, Las Vegas conferences complete with catered food and drink and a mock red carpet with a paparazzi theme. :rolleyes:

The worst part of this, is that this particular agency is suppose to keep government accountable regarding how it spends tax money. /facepalm

To sum it up:

Four days, 300 people, $823,000 in taxpayer money down the drain (including $146,000 in catered food and drink). They also followed neither federal procurement laws nor their own policy on conference spending. On the bright side, so far 8 people have been fired, and one suspended. Hopefully there's more to come.

I saw john Steward talking about this. Funny and sad at the same time.

To sum it up:

Ohhhhh... that Obama and the Unions!!!!!

You must be absolutely incensed at the wasting of your AND my tax dollars on such frivolous things. Thank you Shady for posting this ermmm... post! The more Government waste we uncover the better, in fact OFF WITH THEIR HEADS I SAY!!!!

You know what, I am so pissed at this that I am writing as we speak to The President. My Rep, My Senator.. EVERYONE DAMNIT!!!!!!!

oh... wait... yeah.... damn. I'm Canadian and so are you!!!! Perhaps we should both get pissed off at the CPC for all of their wasting of our tax dollars instead? I dunno... what do you think?

So what am I suppose to be outraged at? And what does it have to do with the GSA?

You've been on the board long enough that many of us here know when you are trying to play stupid. You knew exaclty what the other person was talking about, to the point of pointing out the misspeling of MacKay's name.

You've been on the board long enough that many of us here know when you are trying to play stupid. You knew exaclty what the other person was talking about, to the point of pointing out the misspeling of MacKay's name.

Actually, I have no idea what the other person is talking about. How about a link? And what does that have to do with hijacking my GSA thread? I can't post about the GSA without having to discuss Peter MacKay? :rolleyes:

What does that say about you then! :lol:

That I wouldn't use a misspelling on an Internet forum to try to deflect a question. :lol:

Naturally I only asked because I knew you didn't have the character to say that is just as bad. Thank you for demonstrating just how far you will go to avoid being forthright.

Edited by BubberMiley

Go hijack somebody else's thread.

The topic is government waste. Peter MacKay is a current and relevant example. Your example is not so current because everyone responsible has already been fired. What's your point? Do you want them to all be rehired so they can fire them again?