94.India

102.China

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Says 11th place

Sorry. But personally I'm in first place. I love my life, love the opportunities I've had, am thankful every day for where I was born.

As I said, it only matters how happy we as individuals are - and I don't need someone else to tell me that. :)

You live in a wonderful country, I live in a wonderful country. I thank God for my blessings. And for the record, my ancestors left countries higher on the list to come here. B)

Guest American Woman

yes, clearly... the U.S. obesity epidemic is a tragic precursor to their expressed unhappiness! That and their obsession with guns... violence certainly begets unhappiness!

]

Green doesn't become you. ;)

Green doesn't become you. ;)

Countries achieve great progress in economic development as conventionally measured; yet along the way succumb to new crises of obesity, smoking, diabetes, depression, and other ills of modern life.

As one key example, the world’s economic superpower, the United States, has achieved striking economic and technological progress over the past half century without gains in the self-reported happiness of the citizenry.
Instead, uncertainties and anxieties are high, social and economic inequalities have widened considerably, social trust is in decline, and confidence in government is at an all-time low.
Perhaps for these reasons, life satisfaction has remained nearly constant during decades of rising Gross National Product (GNP) per capita.

Guest American Woman

Really, Waldo. Green doesn't become you. It makes you look fat. B)

But do keep telling yourself that Americans are unhappy. Whatever it takes to make you happy. :) As for me, I'm glad my ancestors left those Scandinavia countries - if they hadn't, I couldn't be

Guest American Woman

nope, sorry - I'm not telling myself anything... I'm simply reading and quoting from the U.N. report.

Oh no! Tell me it's not true. Not a UN report! :o That puts a whole different light on it. I know I personally want to live up to the *U.N.'s* idea of what makes a person happy.

But do keep buying into it. I can sense that your happiness depends on it. In the meantime, I'll continue to be glad that my ancestors left their happy Scandinavian countries to come to the U.S. :)

....But do keep buying into it. I can sense that your happiness depends on it. In the meantime, I'll continue to be glad that my ancestors left their happy Scandinavian countries to come to the U.S. :)

Good point, as far more Canadians also leave for the U.S. than the other way around. They tell me it's because of the weather, but I'm not buying it.

Oh no! Tell me it's not true. Not a UN report! :o That puts a whole different light on it. I know I personally want to live up to the *U.N.'s* idea of what makes a person happy.

But do keep buying into it. I can sense that your happiness depends on it. In the meantime, I'll continue to be glad that my ancestors left their happy Scandinavian countries to come to the U.S. :)

WTF are you guys arguing about? The report names the US as one of the happiest countries on earth :blink:

Why the nationalist pissing match?

Guest American Woman

WTF are you guys arguing about? The report names the US as one of the happiest countries on earth :blink:

Why the nationalist pissing match?

I'm not arguing about anything. I'm saying how happy I am. I said how great both of our nations are. It's Canadianss who are telling me that Americans are not as happy. But thanks for singling me out - yet again. :lol: It's oh-so-telling - and it gives me a good laugh. :D

I'm not arguing about anything. I'm saying how happy I am. I said how great both of our nations are. It's Canadianss who are telling me that Americans are not as happy. But thanks for singling me out - yet again. :lol: It's oh-so-telling - and it gives me a good laugh. :D

They hate us for our happiness. ;)

:lol: well... the U.N. report is the thread topic! You choosing to chastise the UN for a report that, apparently, doesn't align with your personal happiness meter is certainly your prerogative. I also appreciate you touting your personal "happiness" is a comfort to you; that it appears to help you manage some of the reports pointed comments/summary statements concerning the U.S..