Tory MP tells high schoolers they should carry guns

Not much good against a thug(s) with illegal semi-autos……....With that said, some would contend, that a Lee Enfield mk 4 or a Browning Auto-5, if called upon, would make a decent stand-in, baseball bat.

You don't think you could get 3 shots off with a bolt action rifle??

I guess you ain't no Lee Harvey Oswald!!!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

You don't think you could get 3 shots off with a bolt action rifle??

I guess you ain't no Lee Harvey Oswald!!!

20+, aimed (200 yards) with my Mk4 and stripper clips………And that’s nothing compared to what most British Army regulars could achieve in a “mad minute”……..

20+, aimed (200 yards) with my Mk4 and stripper clips………And that’s nothing compared to what most British Army regulars could achieve in a “mad minute”……..

Whatever,partner...I have no idea what you're talking about...I'm not a gun freak...

Guest Derek L

Whatever,partner...I have no idea what you're talking about...I'm not a gun freak...

The British (and Commonwealth) from the First World War and on , drilled on achieving 30+ aimed rounds out to 300-400 yards in under a minute……..This was/is quite a feat with a bolt action rifle with a ten round magazine……

Not much good against a thug(s) with illegal semi-autos……....With that said, some would contend, that a Lee Enfield mk 4 or a Browning Auto-5, if called upon, would make a decent stand-in, baseball bat.

Yeah because that's such an out of control problem in Canada.

You want to live in that utopia then move to Florida where you can shoot all the kids you perceive as thugs you want and get away with it.

Guest Derek L

We have a lot more knife crimes than we do gun crimes

all you wanna do is shoot somebody

That’s a rather strong charge, and no, I don’t want to “shoot someone”, nor do I wish someone in my home without my say……..none the least, and if your thugs, in this scenario, broke into my home with only knives or pepper spray, on hearing the universal sound of a racking 870, after shitting themselves, they’d likely bugger off.

Guest Derek L

Yeah because that's such an out of control problem in Canada.

You want to live in that utopia then move to Florida where you can shoot all the kids you perceive as thugs you want and get away with it.

And I'll direct you to this post:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=20617&st=105

And my guns are for hunting and fun too, but that doesn’t discount the fact, that if under certain circumstances, if I had to choose between using them to defend myself and my family or leaving them in the safes, the decision is rather obvious……………Though I don’t lay awake worrying about such a scenario, and my two first lines in home security are ADT and two big ugly dogs, home invasions & violent crime still do occur here (Greater Vancouver)………If some punks kicked in my front door at 2:00am, my first response won’t be to grab the phone and dial 911 and wait ten minutes for the Coquitlam RCMP to show up, but to grab a 12 gauge out of the safe in my bedroom closet.

Depends on your "aim". A bat is equally as deadly as any gun in the right hands. Likewise, a gun is practically useless to a person who has never held one.

1 bullet can paralyze a person. Can 1 swing of the bat cause the same damage?

The correct answer is no

Edited by stopstaaron

Guest Derek L

What was the target? I'd be good for 30 in under a minute at 300 yards if the target was a big red barn.

Myself or the British? Me personally, over 10 15 20 years ago, 14” x 16” paper…..the British, I’d assume the Hun

As you get older, with the inherent increase in disposable income and a degrading in eye sight, expensive optics become key :P

The British (and Commonwealth) from the First World War and on , drilled on achieving 30+ aimed rounds out to 300-400 yards in under a minute……..This was/is quite a feat with a bolt action rifle with a ten round magazine……

Great...

I've never really been interested in the weapons of war...I'm more interested in the historical reasons why people go to war...

Like I said...Not a gun freak...

That’s a rather strong charge, and no, I don’t want to “shoot someone”, nor do I wish someone in my home without my say……..none the least, and if your thugs, in this scenario, broke into my home with only knives or pepper spray, on hearing the universal sound of a racking 870, after shitting themselves, they’d likely bugger off.

Keep in mind this is just homicide, not assaults, I will look for those stats

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2010/04/27/statscan-knifing-report.html

In 2008, 34 per cent of 611 homicides reported by police were committed with knives, a seven per cent increase from 1999 and more than double the approximately 15 per cent level of 1974, the first year for which homicide data is available.

The proportion of homicides involving guns, meanwhile, dropped significantly — from approximately 48 per cent in 1974 to 34 per cent in 2008.

Guest Derek L

Keep in mind this is just homicide, not assaults, I will look for those stats

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2010/04/27/statscan-knifing-report.html

In 2008, 34 per cent of 611 homicides reported by police were committed with knives, a seven per cent increase from 1999 and more than double the approximately 15 per cent level of 1974, the first year for which homicide data is available.

The proportion of homicides involving guns, meanwhile, dropped significantly — from approximately 48 per cent in 1974 to 34 per cent in 2008.

What about these crimes:

Two men in hospital after shooting in downtown Vancouver

Two shootings keep Surrey RCMP busy

Charges laid in weekend homicide in Surrey

Notice, these examples were from this month alone……I could continue.

What about these crimes:

Two men in hospital after shooting in downtown Vancouver

Two shootings keep Surrey RCMP busy

Charges laid in weekend homicide in Surrey

Notice, these examples were from this month alone……I could continue.

I love how you respond to aggregate data with particular incidents. Good job. That's like saying there's zero unemployment because I know 4 people that have jobs.