It's just a matter of time before they identify the “Lori McDonald of Guelph” character attached to the calls. That should provide great insight into what went on.

It's hilarious that you think this is even remotely close to impersonating Elections Canada and telling people on election day that their polls are overcapacity and that they will have to vote at an alternate location that doesn't actually exist. This is nothing more than smokescreen from the CPC. You and them are trying to make people think this is about any use of robocalling. It's not and it never has been. It's about the intentional and systematic attempts at vote suppression.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hilarious that you think this is even remotely close to impersonating Elections Canada and telling people on election day that their polls are overcapacity and that they will have to vote at an alternate location that doesn't actually exist. This is nothing more than smokescreen from the CPC. You and them are trying to make people think this is about any use of robocalling. It's not and it never has been. It's about the intentional and systematic attempts at vote suppression.

It seems The Booster Club has got the Dean Del Mastro handbook on clouding serious issues...

It's hilarious that you think this is even remotely close to impersonating Elections Canada and telling people on election day that their polls are overcapacity and that they will have to vote at an alternate location that doesn't actually exist.

You're putting words in my mouth CC going so far to claim you know what I think. I haven't said anything remotely connected to what you allege.

This is nothing more than smokescreen from the CPC.

I suppose it's OK to discuss allegations against Conservatives ad nauseum but anything reported in the media regarding Liberal dirty tricks is out of bounds. The fact is, the allegations against the Conservatives have not been proven. On the other hand, the Liberal dirty tricks have now been acknowledged and made public. The smokescreen you speak of is in your imagination.

You and them are trying to make people think this is about any use of robocalling.

I don't know who you mean by "them". In any case, robocalling was used by more than one party in Guelph and I see it as pertinent. I know you don't, but that's your problem.

Since half a dozen media outlets have reported on Liberal dirty tricks in Guelph, I suppose they are complicit in clouding serious issues. What's the world coming to! :o

I'm not surprised that you don't see the difference. The twisting and turning going on with the BC here and in Canada in general is laughable.

There is nothing wrong with "robocalls" per se, the problem is telling people that voting locations have changed or purporting to be from a campaign which you are not and being annoying etc...

Your attitude further proves that this needs to be blown apart PUBLICLY and not let out in drips and drabs. We'll never get to the bottom of all of this otherwise.

I'm not surprised that you don't see the difference.

The difference doesn't matter.

The Liberal candidate has violated Canada's Election Act in Guelph and won. Isn't this a sufficient reason for cancelling the election results from the point of view of the hysterical liberal crowd?

I don't know who you mean by "them". In any case, robocalling was used by more than one party in Guelph and I see it as pertinent. I know you don't, but that's your problem.

If you're trying to convince me a public inquiry will find all parties are guilty of something that's sleazy, unethical, immoral and dirty you've succeeded.

Now let's inquire into what's illegal too.

The Liberal candidate has violated Canada's Election Act in Guelph and won. Isn't this a sufficient reason for cancelling the election results from the point of view of the hysterical liberal crowd?

The allegation should at least be sufficient reason for including all parties in the same public inquiry into the question marks hanging over the last election don't you think?

Yup, absolutely. Lets have a Public Inquiry and if cases are found lets do the who frickin election over in ridings affected by unscrupulous acts.

I don't care which party it is that made transgressions. We NEED a full, open public inquiry to get to the bottom of this sleaze.

Yup, absolutely. Lets have a Public Inquiry and if cases are found lets do the who frickin election over in ridings affected by unscrupulous acts.

I don't care which party it is that made transgressions. We NEED a full, open public inquiry to get to the bottom of this sleaze.

Hah, I figured the best we might hope for is to just getting at it, I never actually imagined we might get to the bottom...

Ewwww...

CRTC rules:

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/nrt-ntr-eng#link03

Even though it looks like the Liberals were up to no good in Guelph, I'm not calling for a public inquiry. An EC/CRTC investigation will do just fine.

How come according to you that doesn't apply to the conservatives? they had telemarketers in Ohio and Virginia calling Canadians and masking the numbers so they look like they came from Canada ... come on

Edited by olpfan1

Impersonating EC is obviously more serious than what Frank and his team did, but there is one difference here. We have YET to see actual EVIDENCE that the Burke campaign officially was behind the EC calls. We now have an admission from Valeriote that his camp put out misleading calls.

Edited by UofGPolitico

Impersonating EC is obviously more serious than what Frank and his team did, but there is one difference here. We have YET to see actual EVIDENCE that the Burke campaign officially was behind the EC calls. We now have an admission from Valeriote that his camp put out misleading calls.

The message of the calls weren't misleading, just the number was

there was no asking if they were a voter / changing the polling both

case closed

Edited by olpfan1

The message of the calls weren't misleading, just the number was

there was no asking if they were a voter / changing the polling both

case closed

No, case is not closed. They misrepresented themselves. The call did not identify as being from a Liberal campaign. I said in my post, each case is not on the same level, but it does take a shot as Liberal credibility JUST a tad.

You cannot have it both ways.

Edited by UofGPolitico

No, case is not closed. They misrepresented themselves. The call did not identify as being from a Liberal campaign. I said in my post, each case is not on the same level, but it does take a shot as Liberal credibility JUST a tad.

You cannot have it both ways.

Yes, I think its clear every party has been breaking election laws but this thread is about voter suppression (I was lectured on that already by two people and now it's your turn)

Awww, thanks for not making me left out then.

Yes, well, you've been following this for the past month..there is all kinds of different allegations being made

There is money laundering, like another in & out scheme being alleged

There is over spending being alleged

Their is the stealing of campaign signs being alleged

There is what's going on in Guelph

There is attack calls being made with the parties hiding their phone number

There is calls being made from American firms and they masked the calls to look like they are coming from the local constituency offices in Canada

I probably missed a couple..there's just too much going on and this thread is getting confusing

Edited by olpfan1

Yes, well, you've been following this for the past month..there is all kinds of different allegations being made

There is money laundering, like another in & out scheme being alleged

There is over spending being alleged

Their is the stealing of campaign signs being alleged

There is what's going on in Guelph

There is attack calls being made with the parties hiding their phone number

There is calls being made from American firms and they masked the calls to look like they are coming from the local constituency offices in Canada

I probably missed a couple..there's just too much going on and this thread is getting confusing

To sum it all up, our politics are being revealed to be quite dirty, unethical and in some cases, illegal.

To sum it all up, our politics are being revealed to be quite dirty, unethical and in some cases, illegal.

yeah, that definitely is true

I forgot Ballot stuffing allegations

I wonder why we thought we were different?

Edited by olpfan1

The Volpe thing? Ballot stuffing that was authorized by E.C. They are on the hook for that one.

Yeah, they dropped the ball there... a lot of incompetence coming from EC..which makes me not confident that they are the ones leading the investigation

I forgot another one.. harassing voters by pretending to be representing their party and calling them in inappropriate times and being rude to them

oh can't believe I forgot the impersonating of elections canada and directing voters mostly old people to the wrong voting station ..which is being alleged

We are up to 10 different complaints ..

Edited by olpfan1