Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia...

kimmy

So, the Cole's Notes version of the story goes like this: a 23 year old Saudi man named Hamza Kashgari expresses religious doubts on Twitter. The entire kingdom of Saudi Arabia goes APESHIT and Hamza flees the country. Unfortunately for him, he gets nabbed by Interpol in Malaysia and returned to Saudi Arabia where he's in danger of being executed for blasphemy.

I'm not exactly sure why Interpol would be acting as the international arm of Saudi Arabia's religious fedayeen, but I think they ought to answer for it. Regardless, that's beside the point. And the point is just this: these people are scum.

I don't think there's anything I could say that describes how repulsive the Saudis are in quite the same way as letting Sheikh Nasser Al Omar tell you about it himself. Watch this 70-year old infant bawl like a baby as he pleads for the death of a 23 year old man for hurting the feelings of an omnipotent supreme being and a guy who's been dead for 1400 years.

The only way you can have any peace with people like this is to make sure you never come anywhere near them. That's all I can think of to say right now.

-k

The only way you can have any peace with people like this is to make sure you never come anywhere near them. That's all I can think of to say right now.

No. The Israelis are at fault. They must give up the occupied territories and go back to 1947 borders.

In 1991, a chartered Nationair (Canadian) plane crashed in Saudi Arabia. It was carrying pilgrims to Mecca.

The Saudis insisted that all the remains of the Christian flight crew, every remnant of a bone, leave the country. Saudi Arabia is holy territory and no Christian can stay there. According to Wahhabites, Arabia is the kingdom of the two Holy Cities.

In Saudi Arabia, there are no churches, no crosses. There is no music, no cinemas. No concert halls, no theatres. No one sings. No one dances. There is no alcohol, no beer or wine. No alcohol? Heinekin sells "beer" with 0% (not 0.5%). There is McDonalds and KFC, but they have "Family Rooms".

When I say that there is no "cross" in Saudi Arabia, I mean that there is no image of Santa Claus, anywhere. In Saudi Arabia, I bought a coffee cup with a camel in green/red motif. That's the closest to Christmas possible.

----

All things considered? We in the West - Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Thatcher, Reagan, Vietnam War and so on - faced down the Soviets, Marxism and centralizing Leftists. Heck, Eisenhower and Churchill defeated Hitler. IMHO, these Islamists, Wahhabites, are less of a threat to Western values. Galileo once dealt with such charlatans.

We will too.

Edited by August1991

I'm not exactly sure why Interpol would be acting as the international arm of Saudi Arabia's religious fedayeen, but I think they ought to answer for it.
Interpol is the international cop clearinghouse, they mostly communicate between national police forces. The Saudi cops issue a warrant for the accused, and tell Interpol they think he is somewhere, like Malaysia. The Malaysian cops are free to decide if the warrant if sufficient for arrest and extardition. Since Malaysia is also an Islamic nation, they would sympathize with the Saudis.

Interpol is not involved other than communicating the warrant at the behest of a member nation.

Doesn't sounds like a nice vacation spot to escape the chilly winter weather!

If you know a sheik , you can spend days drinking, watching movies, getting chicks in the palace , smoking whatever you want.....all without prying eyes.

However if you dont know a sheik.....well ya, it kinda sucks as a vacay place.

Interpol has denied having anything to do with it. It was the Malaysian government - Muslim, of course - which picked him up and sent him back, even though they don't have any kind of an extradition treaty.

And as bad as Saudi Arabia is, it's spent billions promoting its version of extreme Islam, funding "schools" around the world, to "teach" young children about Islam. Saudi Arabia is responsible for much of the religious violence in Pakistan today through its funding of extremist "schools" there. And it also funds mosques, schools and "cultural centres" in Europe, the United States, and Canada provided they preach Wahabi Islam.