Boats

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Criteria was the boat in its bag had to fit between the fifth wheel hitch and tailgate of my pickup and the motor had to be light enough to lift in and out of the trailer's basement. Yamaha 8 hp two stroke was the best weight/power compromise at the time. Works well and planes quite nicely with two on board.

What parts are those? You can land virtually anywhere you want below the highest tide mark on the coast. In almost every case it would be illegal to try to stop you.

Two parts to this question.

No one can deny any boat from docking the boat on their dock in distress.

Two, most all land in the popular lake areas is either owned privately or crown owned cliffs. Once you get beyond the 3hr mark from TO things ease up.

Beach access is an oft simmering issue around here it seems.

Then there's log salvaging and commercial fishing inside National Park Reserve Boundaries. That's lots of fun. They're often allowed much to the chagrin of Parks wardens and dingbats who seem to think boat loads of logs on the beach are natural feature of the park. They pretty much just argue amongst themselves - I guess the thought of getting in the face of a couple of old curmudgeons landing on your beach armed with peavies, pike poles and caulk boots is a little daunting.

Some ocean front land owners also seem to think they own the beach. They're probably the same people who think sport fishing gives them the right-of-way over another vessel.

...sigh...summers almost here again...the stupid season...

I've heard of some pretty heated exchanges between surfers and upland owners. The millionaires just can't get with the program.

Thunder Beach, Parry Sound /Georgian Bay.....decades of battles some ongoing.

landing on your beach armed with peavies, pike poles and caulk boots ...

Uh...what are peavies pike poles and caulk boots? I wore running shoes when i caulked the tub, does that count?

Beach access is often silly around here too. They especially don't like it if you light a little beach fire and invite your friends! "No, you do NOT own the beach". There is one asshat who owns a small island with nice beaches that kayakers used to use until he got a couple mean dogs to chase people off "his island".

Then there's log salvaging and commercial fishing inside National Park Reserve Boundaries. That's lots of fun. They're often allowed much to the chagrin of Parks wardens and dingbats who seem to think boat loads of logs on the beach are natural feature of the park. They pretty much just argue amongst themselves - I guess the thought of getting in the face of a couple of old curmudgeons landing on your beach armed with peavies, pike poles and caulk boots is a little daunting.

Logs that are, 99% percent of the time, cut with chainsaws? Haha. Beavers? Them logs ain't natural!

Some ocean front land owners also seem to think they own the beach. They're probably the same people who think sport fishing gives them the right-of-way over another vessel.

People who know just enough to be a nuisance on the water and put people into danger.

]

Beach ownership is a contentious issue around here, especially Balm Beach area, (I said Thunder but shouldnt have)

The problem is the Govtr surveyed those lands so long ago and used the high water mark as the basis.

A high water mark can be behind ones cottage. So the township grants the land for building but then the Prov/Feds come in and say (after the fact)that its not quite correct.

The 66 foot shore road allowance is another although if only one buys it, it renders it moot for the rest since no road can now go in .

The poeple who put up barriers running into the water are in IMHO pretty dumb since no ownership rights exist into the water and all water is either Fed or Prov owned.

Thunder Beach, Parry Sound /Georgian Bay.....decades of battles some ongoing. Uh...what are peavies pike poles and caulk boots? I wore running shoes when i caulked the tub, does that count?

It might count in a certain Nanaimo boat race.

But no, peavies, pike poles and caulk boots are tools of the log salvage trade whose business ends also happen to be sharp and pointed.