This is why America is great

In the United States of America you can't even smoke a joint without risking getting thrown into jail where you might get raped! As I said before one out of every four persons in jail in the world is in jail in the United States of America.

With the war on drugs (which is a war on civil liberties), the Patriot Act, and now with the military having the right to disappear Americans without a trial the United States is becoming a police state.

And of course the propaganda machine keeps turning out endless hysteria about despotic "communism". If you want to see a symbol of repression on the island of Cuba just look at Guantanamo Bay!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about the "right to offend", it's about the right to freedom of expression, even if certain persons will be offended. The left, of course, wants to play babysitter and regulate what can and cannot be said, lest some people be offended. It's really sick and perverted, and it's unfortunately widespread. As I've stated, the only free country in this world that really enshrines true freedom of speech is America. Canada and the rest of the Anglosphere have all implemented "hate speech" laws to satisfy their leftist ideological leanings of centralized management and social engineering.

I think we agree, I was simply reinforcing the right to the nth degree. My right to free speech extends to offering offense just as yours extends from your legal rights in response, or, to the space from your fist to my nose.

You can sue for cause, but in Canada you can actually go to the HR tribunal and charge me and you don't even need a lawyer or to attend the hearing. Whilst I must defend myself or higher a lawyer and even the truth is no guarantee of my innocence.

Meantime the offended party may file claim after claim of frivolous charges with no repercussions.

THAT is not free speech,,,(in Canada). Free speech is suppressed in Canada by so called 'Human Rights Check out Mark Steyn or Ezra Levant human rights commission cases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezra_Levant#Stance_against_the_Alberta_Human_Rights_Commission

As expected, you still cannot provide any examples of attempts from the right to suppress freedom of speech through legislation. Keep digging.

It's the left and the right both working together to take your rights away. Some yet still have not figured this out, and you are among them.

In the United States of America you can't even smoke a joint without risking getting thrown into jail where you might get raped! As I said before one out of every four persons in jail in the world is in jail in the United States of America.

Millions of Yanks smoke the herb, daily and suffer no consequences. Why even I may or may not have enjoyed some in New York in the past month to ten years. Shcoking!

You might get raped going to the store! Best not go to the store huh?

One of every 4 persons in jail is in jail in the US.....ahhh but what you dont realize is half the other countries put them to death instead of prison which really does wonders for the bottom line.

Then there is of course the fact that lots of countries are lousy at counting.

And of course the propaganda machine keeps turning out endless hysteria about despotic "communism". If you want to see a symbol of repression on the island of Cuba just look at Guantanamo Bay!

Sadly, they wouldnt let me. The guys at Guan Bay were pretty adamant about not letting an overly tanned Canuck in boards shorts get a walk thru tour.

I even played the "I am Canadian" card....still didnt work.

You're gonna need to do better than that. For once in your life, would you actually invest more time than simply a thirty-second Google search? Show me the language of the law(s) in question, then show me how these laws were advanced by the right of America.

Ah, don't even bother. After a brief review of the page, it's clear that it has nothing to do with freedom of speech. So, as is typical of your posting on MLW, it's irrelevant.

what is right or left? most politicians will go towards the direction the money flows.

anti-boycott laws are not about freedom of speech? are you seriously saying that?

the u.s. government is heavily influenced by the israeli lobby and the following law is proof of this:

In the United States, the Export Administration Act discourages, and in some circumstances, prohibits U.S. companies and individuals from furthering or supporting the boycott of Israel. The Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) is responsible for penalties are imposed for each "knowing" violation with fines of up to $50,000 or five times the value of the exports involved, whichever is greater, and imprisonment of up to five years.

Edited by bud

one out of every four persons in jail in the world is in jail in the United States of America.
The War on Drugs dramatically increased the prison population in the United States. Their criminal justice system leaves much to be desired, but the stat you provide is misleading. Countries like China, who have a significant amount of the world's population, do not keep or publish accurate information regarding their prisons. In short, people go missing.