Romney McCain Ticket

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But disparaging remarks about a POW, that’s just low.

as low as the Swiftboating Kerry was subjected to? In any case, this all played itself out during the 2008 election campaign... and McCain didn't help counter his own Swiftboating through his vehement opposition to releasing the U.S. government's/military's debriefings of Vietnam War POWs - rightly or wrongly, that played well into the hand of those that insist some of his fellow POW's have disparaging things to say about him. Equally, it's a known fact that McCain went to lengths to have his own military and POW records sealed - rightly or wrongly, that also played well into the hand of those that insist McCain has things to hide. As for your comment that, "he can't lift his arms above his shoulders" - rightly or wrongly, there are those who point to his 5 plane crashes and the suggestion his injuries stem from not properly holding his arms in during one of the related flight ejections.

particularly given his admiral father's profile, could the U.S. military be complicit in any of this... anything's possible - see Pat Tillman!

Guest Derek L

as low as the Swiftboating Kerry was subjected to?

You bet….I’ve never endorsed it, nor would I have slighted Carter’s, Kennedy’s or Truman’s service.

n any case, this all played itself out during the 2008 election campaign... and McCain didn't help counter his own Swiftboating through his vehement opposition to releasing the U.S. government's/military's debriefings of Vietnam War POWs - rightly or wrongly, that played well into the hand of those that insist some of his fellow POW's have disparaging things to say about him.

Has anyone that shared a room in the Hilton spoke ill of him publicly?

Equally, it's a known fact that McCain went to lengths to have his own military and POW records sealed - rightly or wrongly, that also played well into the hand of those that insist McCain has things to hide.

As I said above, if McCain was hiding something from his official record, it also would be reasonable to assume that someone would have leaked it….

As for your comment that, "he can't lift his arms above his shoulders" - rightly or wrongly, there are those who point to his 5 plane crashes and the suggestion his injuries stem from not properly holding his arms in during one of the related flight ejections.

What caused Sen. McCain to eject in ‘67 and lead to the subsequent 5 year stay in Hanoi? I’d tend to assume a warhead impact from a SA-2 might also be violent.

particularly given his admiral father's profile, could the U.S. military be complicit in any of this... anything's possible - see Pat Tillman!

On the inverse, based on who his father and grandfather were, you’d think he might get “special treatment”. I’d think having the son of the commander of the Gulf of Tonkin yacht club offer some form of statement would be a major propaganda coup.

Edited by Derek L

My guess is that Romney has no choice but to pick someone from the right-wing of the Republicans as his running-mate in order to convince the party as he is seen by too many people as too moderate. Unfortunately, that means someone from the tea-party movement meaning that the person must be a religious lunatic who hates the federal government.

My guess is that Romney has no choice but to pick someone from the right-wing of the Republicans as his running-mate in order to convince the party as he is seen by too many people as too moderate. Unfortunately, that means someone from the tea-party movement meaning that the person must be a religious lunatic who hates the federal government.

I think the primary has pushed Mitt so far right that the only he can be a moderate for the general again is to buck the trend and pick a Moderate, Brian Sandoval might work. It will at least give him a shot at the independents then he has to hope that the base of the party, the red state conservatives don`t get pissed he picked a Hispanic moderate that they don`t show up election day. It could be a blood bath for Republicans all the way down the ticket in November either way.