Argentina launches naval campaign to isolate Falkland Islands

olp1fan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman
I must say that the president of Argentina is really hot and to think she is 58 years old!

She's actually 59, and she's quite gutsy, too.

This ad is generating quite a bit of controversy - annoying the host of the Olympic Games, at the very least.

She's actually 59, and she's quite gutsy, too.

This ad is generating quite a bit of controversy - annoying the host of the Olympic Games, at the very least.

What she is, is a typical third world politician who can't run her country properly and is looking for foreigners to focus people's attention on. So she rants on and shakes her fist and acts all patriotic so people don't think about what a mess she's made of things.

What she is, is a typical third world politician who can't run her country properly and is looking for foreigners to focus people's attention on. So she rants on and shakes her fist and acts all patriotic so people don't think about what a mess she's made of things.

Kinda like your boy,General Galtieri,from a generation ago...

What the hell do you think our "war on terror" ever was?

Sincere? :)

We fought the war on terror with both hands tied behind our back.

A response to the most traumatic terrorist attack in world history?

Have the Falkland Islanders been flying planes into Argentine buildings without my having noticed?

Edited by Argus

You missed the point, which was this:

How can we take seriously a "war on terror" by nations that embrace, support and condone terrorism routinely?

Another person who denies the obvious in favor of the obscure.

You missed the point, which was this:

How can we take seriously a "war on terror" by nations that embrace, support and condone terrorism routinely?

I know you want to mount that old hobby horse again but I'm not interested in continuing a discussion we've already had.

A god "law and order" kinda guy....Right up your alley...

I'm a good 'justice' kind of guy. Have I ever evidenced any respect for or approval of dictators?

No? Then STFU.

A god "law and order" kinda guy....Right up your alley...

I'm a good 'justice' kind of guy. Have I ever evidenced any respect for or approval of dictators?

No? Then stop pulling straw men out of your ass.

A response to the most traumatic terrorist attack in world history?

'the most traumatic terrorist attack' to someone who has no clue what has happened around the world.

I know you want to mount that old hobby horse again but I'm not interested in continuing a discussion we've already had.

When you stop spouting sycophantic, doctrinal nonsense about international affairs (your own personal hobby horse, differing from mine in that yours is a religious belief), I'll stop correcting you.

Edited by bleeding heart

When you stop spouting sycophantic, doctrinal nonsense about international affairs (your own personal hobby horse, differing from mine in that yours is a religious belief), I'll stop correcting you.

The Big Giant Head does not require correction...

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest Derek L

And in semi related news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2384852/The-Navys-Fighting-Admiral-Sir-John-Sandy-Woodward-led-Falklands-taskforce-victory-1982-dies-aged-81.html

Sir John ‘Sandy’ Woodward, who led the Royal Navy task force sent to retake the Falklands in 1982, has died, aged 81, following a long illness.

David Cameron hailed his ‘heroic command’ and Defence Secretary Philip Hammond said he would be remembered by many as the Navy’s ‘fighting admiral’.

When Argentina invaded the Falklands, Sir John was a newly-appointed admiral and acted as commander of the battle fleet from the flagship aircraft carrier, HMS Hermes.

Ten weeks after the task force left Britain for the South Atlantic, the islands’ capital, Port Stanley, was liberated.

Woodward was truly in the same class as Nelson, Anson, Somerville and Cunningham........

I have been to Buenos Aires. With due respect to Argentinians, your armed forces at the time they invaded the

Falkands were nothing but a bunch of pathetic drunken thugs power hungry from raping their own citizens.

The autrocities they committed on your people are inexcusable. The years of terror, kidnapping of children, torture

was all the work of cowards.

Some may say the Falklands were an obscure set of rocks and funny men who like sheep. I say Thatcher kicked

the collective asses of a tyrannical and despicable regime and they got their karma but good.

I only hope Argentinians never have to live through any future military junta nightmares again.

Buenos Aires is a beautiful city but the contrast between extreme wealth and poverty is there. It is worrisome.

Without a stable middle class, this country could easily swing back to a military junta.

Argentina is one hell of a country. It has food to feed the world. It is a country with everything and yet it

struggles still with extreme poverty.

I love Argentinian dance, art, the way they ride horses, women. I hate their past history of brutal military regimes

And in semi related news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2384852/The-Navys-Fighting-Admiral-Sir-John-Sandy-Woodward-led-Falklands-taskforce-victory-1982-dies-aged-81.html

Woodward was truly in the same class as Nelson, Anson, Somerville and Cunningham........

I do not know enough about British navy history to say the above. I do know it was a complex operation.

I do know they did a lot of planning and key to their strategy was pre-striking with submarines.

I have read more about World War Two navy battles than anything else.

I will always admire any merchant marine on their suicide missions to bring supplies from Canada to Britain.

Maybe one of those unsung merchant Captains gets my salute and also I man I met personally and got to know

in Toronto who was a merchant marine and skippered a tug boat forced to take barges of thousands of bodies

from prison and concentration camps and dump them in the ocean.

Sometimes wars are won by such people-no one notices their contributions.

I doubt we will see such a thing again. Other than Thatcher its hard to believe anyone would risk such a

distant sea war in this day and age. She was friggin nutz to have done what she did. Guts or nuts. Close

in sound and meaning,