CBC loses court case

Boges

Guest Derek L

hey if anyones capable of calling martial law to get his way its harpo

the man constantly called coalitions undemocratic but the thing is that'd mean the current british government is undemocratic

:huh: What about your man PET....the "longest serving Canadian Prime Minister"?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

and I said oops when I knew I was wrong, I make a lot of errors because I post so quickly without thinking

How many times has the current federal government enacted the War Measures Act/Emergencies Act? Contrast this with PET….

How many times has the current federal government enacted the War Measures Act/Emergencies Act? Contrast this with PET….

But the difference between Trudeau and Harper is Trudeau's policies made sense and Harpers are ideological

Trudeau faced a violent separatist uprising while Harper would invoke it just to piss off the other parties

or to save his ass from a coalition

Edited by olp1fan

Guest Derek L

But the difference between Trudeau and Harper is Trudeau's policies made sense and Harpers are ideological

Trudeau faced a violent separatist uprising while Harper would invoke it just to piss off the other parties

or to save his ass from a coalition

:huh:

Are you suggesting Harper gave the army the power to arrest and detain the public, so as to "save his ass"? You telling more fibs?

By the way, do you know who scrapped the War Measures Act and replaced it with the Emergencies Act, which is required to be reviewed by Parliament prior to be implemented and any temporary laws being subject to the Charter of Rights and Freedom?

:huh:

Are you suggesting Harper gave the army the power to arrest and detain the public, so as to "save his ass"? You telling more fibs?

By the way, do you know who scrapped the War Measures Act and replaced it with the Emergencies Act, which is required to be reviewed by Parliament prior to be implemented and any temporary laws being subject to the Charter of Rights and Freedom?

Mulrooney

he also sold us out in NAFTA

and left in a disgrace

Edited by olp1fan

Guest Derek L

Mulrooney

and left in a disgrace

And:

Almost there....

Guest Derek L

Mulrooney

and left in a disgrace

To clarify, you’re alright with a Canadian Prime Minister rolling back the public’s rights in a time of war or national emergency right?

Would doing so make said Canadian Prime Minister a dictator?

To clarify, you’re alright with a Canadian Prime Minister rolling back the public’s rights in a time of war or national emergency right?

Would doing so make said Canadian Prime Minister a dictator?

well, he was in a tough spot...it wasn't like the G20 summit in Toronto where there was no real threat...politicians were getting murdered

Guest Derek L

well, he was in a tough spot...it wasn't like the G20 summit in Toronto where there was no real threat...politicians were getting murdered

What rights did Prime Minister Harper roll back?

Guest Derek L

Also to add, if another Canadian Prime Minster, didn’t roll back the public’s rights during a time of war or say, with the potential threat of terrorism, would that make said Canadian Prime Minster even less of a dictator then those that have?

Guest Derek L

he did so to save his own ass from a non confidence vote / afghan detainee scandal from coming out

that is A LOT different than a separatist group murdering politicians

Harper gave the Police/Army sweeping powers of arrest to prevent a vote of no Confidence? :huh:

Guest Derek L

talking about the pro rouging compared to the trudeau thing

What Harper did was suppressing the public’s rights? If yes, how so?

Say, if that was the case, wouldn’t it have cost him in the next federal election? :huh:

According to what happened today the Cons are backing off CBC

so they lose, Canadians win

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1091899--releasing-records-would-undermine-competitive-position-cbc-says?bn=1

A Federal Court of Appeal decision released Wednesday said that had the committee read them and commented on them, the matter would have been rendered moot.

Conservative MP Dean Del Mastro, the parliamentary secretary to the Prime Minister who had put forward the motion, told the committee Thursday that he no longer saw the need to read those documents and so agreed to return them to the CBC.

That had opposition MPs saying the government had climbed down from the brink of interference with the judicial system.

“We were at a point, potentially, of constitutional crisis,” NDP MP Charlie Angus (Timmins–James Bay) told reporters after the meeting. “I’m glad the Conservatives have backed down on this because what they were doing was very dangerous.”

All this appears to be is the committee was going to let the Info Commish do her job. Since she had won the court case to see the documents, and evaluate the exemption criteria, there was no reason the committee needed to see the documents.

I don't think the committee members were backing off as much as they were doing their job.

How many appeals will they make before they just release the frickin' documents.

They must really be embarrassed for taxpayers to find out how they spend their money.

Yes, indeed, CBC is undoubtedly being totally irrespnsible with taxpayers' money and I say get those bastards. Let us teach them once and for all that if they can't pattern themselves after the Harper government whose modus operandi is above all else transparency and accountability, then let the CBC pay the price. Surely we can all agree that Fox North will be a great substitute for the CBC. Oh joy to the way things are unfolding. Besides, I think democracy is highly over-rated, so let's cut to the chase and nail our first institutional scapegoat. Grab your hatchets and ready for attack.

Yes, indeed, CBC is undoubtedly being totally irrespnsible with taxpayers' money and I say get those bastards. Let us teach them once and for all that if they can't pattern themselves after the Harper government whose modus operandi is above all else transparency and accountability, then let the CBC pay the price. Surely we can all agree that Fox North will be a great substitute for the CBC. Oh joy to the way things are unfolding. Besides, I think democracy is highly over-rated, so let's cut to the chase and nail our first institutional scapegoat. Grab your hatchets and ready for attack.

:lol:

Good one...