Occupy Toronto Protestors

Boges

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well exactly. What you're saying here is that we don't care about such costs unless it aligns with the outrage of the day.

Well it doesn't garner media attention.

There was that story of the WW1 monument that was vandalized. Or the poppy thief. Vandalism and petty theft are common place. But considering these events happened near Remembrance Day they made the news.

I think the main reason for this was that the city was repeatedly saying this protest was ruining the park and the protesters went to court to try and stay there.

So without the controversy, this wouldn't have been any kind of story. As such, the overall 'costs' of Occupy were minimal - they had their say, they were evicted from the park. Everybody got what they wanted.

So without the controversy, this wouldn't have been any kind of story. As such, the overall 'costs' of Occupy were minimal - they had their say, they were evicted from the park. Everybody got what they wanted.

:lol: at $60,000 being minimal.

Edited by Boges

Re-sodding is just stupid, wasteful and damaging to the environment.

Chances are the grass will grow back, or a sprinkling of seed would do it.

Re-sodding is absolutely ridiculous.

Btw, I believe the unions did offer to help with the cost. I'd rather occupiers volunteer to spread grass seed, though, as that's all that's needed.

It's $60,000 to re-sod the park so . . . yes.

And how much of that was caused by the little Fifis and their toxic urine? How much was caused by regular hobo damage or, God forbid, the ruinous Ultimate players?

So many questions, so few sensational answers.

Btw, I believe the unions did offer to help with the cost. I'd rather occupiers volunteer to spread grass seed, though, as that's all that's needed.

Actually I doubt it. The grass on lawns is far from natural. Weeds will likely take over. Now, personally I like weeds, but maybe that's just because I am too lazy to deal with them. :)

$20,000-$60,000 to repair the damage done to the park by the Occupiers. Paid by the Toronto taxpayers of course.

Guess the Ford's will have to close another pool.

Good job! :rolleyes:

Pittance. Harper paid gawdknowshowmuch to build a lake to impress those he hobnobs with these days -- So spare me. These great "upstarts" are worth the price. So, you Torontonians, grab your chequebooks!

Actually I doubt it. The grass on lawns is far from natural. Weeds will likely take over. Now, personally I like weeds, but maybe that's just because I am too lazy to deal with them. :)

Doubt all you want. I'm glad you like weeds. I'm learning to like them myself--a whole lot actually. It costs money to maintain grass, so dang, if the protesters didn't do us another favour if you're right that weeds will take over. But Jacee is also correct. If they're gung ho on keeping their grass, get the grass seed out and scatter. Either way, I don't care. Just keep this movement growing--t' hell with the grass.

Yeah because Urine and Ultimate players block out the sun like rows of tents and Yurts.

Poor baby, you need to rearrange your priorities. Besides, I bet it's not the protesters doing damage but rather a bunch of paid hooligans masquarading as protesters who're the culprits. Well, it wouldn't be the first time. Just be aware that I have my eye on you. :)

And how much of that was caused by the little Fifis and their toxic urine? How much was caused by regular hobo damage or, God forbid, the ruinous Ultimate players?

So many questions, so few sensational answers.

I say the little fiffis are to blame--and yes those little buggers do have toxic urine. So you can take that point. Hobos could do some damage, but hey, they shouldn't be there in the first place. They should be safely in their homes they do not have. I'll take that point. But me thinks you also think they should have homes. As for the ruinous Ultimate players. Never. They're the good guys. Can we share a point here?

Hear. Hear.

I'm not sure how they would have trashed it beyond normal wear and tear, save for the tent poles. As far as those go...

Garbage, a fire, and sun doesn't really get through tents and yurts, I'm sure every where there was a tent the grass is dead underneath.

I'd say about half that park is covered by a tent of somekind

http://torontoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/20111101stjames.jpg

But fine don't believe them.