Ont to be sued for 2.5B

PIK

I have found that in general, people with high school or less education tend to be more practical. University graduates of the past couple of decades seem to be less so, MUCH less so! Also, older people grew up in a time when a university was truly for the advancement of knowledge and not just a certificate-mill towards getting a job.

Perhaps that would account for the differences in their politics.

They also care little about the environment and education.

Care most of all parties about immigration and taxes. [link]

The PC redneck stereotype has some validity haha.

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

I just heard on the radio that a offshore turbine company that had a deal with dalton ,which he cancelled, has now files a lawsuit for 2.5B. When will it end and when will the people of ONT wake the fuck up to this guy and end this madness.

There needs to be a different kind of electoral system for Canadians. The current one ensures the scamming of decent citizens by underhanded politicians.

Haha, health effects of wind power? No one else caught this? The only health effect it could have is if you go try to climb a wind turbine and fall down and get injured.

I mean, you can have worthwhile studies on their environmental impact (birds, changing wind patterns, etc). But health impact? :lol: :lol:

I agree.

This was clearly an attempt to grab some votes in that area.

As someone who will be voting Liberal because I do support the move toward alternative energy resolutions, this is a very big black mark for the party.

Edited by mentalfloss

As someone who will be voting Liberal because I do support the move toward alternative energy resolutions, this is a very big black mark for the party.

I agree with you that moving toward alternative energy is a laudable goal and should be pursued. The problem with McGuinty is that he everything he starts in clean energy falls flat. His flagship solar panel company, heavily subsidized by taxpayers, ran out of customers, so the plant went idle. He slapped a moratorium on off shore wind projects because he failed to do the proper planning. Then, he pulled away from building gas fired power plants in Oakville and Missisauga for what appears like political reasons. All these failed projects are costing us billions.

His green energy act (May 2009) was supposed to make Ontario a world leader in clean energy and provide high paying jobs. Now he's having trouble defending what he himself calls his vision for Ontario. So just one week away from the elections, he's reverting to a new jobs plan in more traditional sectors he says is in response to renewed global economy concerns.

The Liberal Leader said on Wednesday that he will spend the next few days on the campaign trail putting a big focus on creating jobs and making sure Ontario’s economy remains strong. There were no details on precisely how he plans to do this, but Mr. McGuinty said the renewed threat of a global recession is forcing him to take proactive measures.

---

Mr. McGuinty is essentially making policy on the fly just eight days before Ontarians go to the polls. He will announce additional job creation measures that were not spelled out in the campaign platform released on Sept. 5.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ontario-election/ontario-parties/ont-liberals/ontario-liberal-leader-creating-job-plan-a-week-before-the-election/article2184021/

McGuinty is flying by the seat of his pants and is in full panic mode. But go ahead and vote for the Liberals. With voters like you who accept "very black marks" the Liberals might just eke out a minority government.

There needs to be a different kind of electoral system for Canadians. The current one ensures the scamming of decent citizens by underhanded politicians.

Not to mention the religious wackos on the right wing using their 'colleges', synagogues and churches to influence politicians.

You know, like scamming people by claiming their leader has a direct line to the PMO's office...

McGuinty is flying by the seat of his pants and is in full panic mode. But go ahead and vote for the Liberals. With voters like you who accept "very black marks" the Liberals might just eke out a minority government.

He has the potential to redeem himself, but will rely on NDP support as well to keep Hudak at bay. Seems like the perfect mix to me.

Edited by mentalfloss

So you wanna have a bridge to the Toronto Island airport hugh? You get all geared up to build one then the city decided that it's not a good idea - You were willing to spend millions on the construction and profit a few million also...you suffered damages - so you sue the city - you get all lawyered up at a cost that is one one thousand of the construction cost - and you turn a tidy profit - by sucking up the tax payers money - nice set up - These types of suits should be forbidden - You can not sue for money that you MAY have made and did not by the breach of some contract.

He has the potential to redeem himself,

Well after 8 years as Premier, he's sure had plenty of time to practice. :)

but will rely on NDP support as well to keep Hudak at bay.

You're presuming that Ms. Horwath is prepared to extend that support.

However, Ms. Horwath would not talk about the prospect of forming a coalition government with either the Liberals or the Progressive Conservatives. Nor would she talk about which of her policies are non-negotiable.

“I’m not in a position to pick a premier yet,” she said.

---

As to whether she would prefer to work with Liberal Leader Dalton McGuinty or Tory Leader Tim Hudak, she said, laughing: “I’m hoping one of them will have to decide to be in partnership with me.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ontario-election/ontario-parties/ont-ndp/ontario-ndp-leader-not-ready-to-pick-a-premier-yet-if-minority-elected/article2185373/