why the 'jewish state' now?

bud

While bud ignores, or is completely oblivious of, the ways in which the "Palestinians" conduct themselves. Apparently it's alright for "Palestinians" to indoctrinate their children with hatred and aspirations for Jihad, it's totally fine to run lynch mobs on any "undesirables" (a Jewish person who took a wrong turn, another "Palestinian" accused of being gay, or a "Palestinian" girl who didn't obey instructions from her male superiors), regularly engage in mass murder and terrorist campaigns for a century, rewrite history, and glamorize "the resistance" to Jewish existence in "their land".

Oh wait, they only do that because the Jews "started it".

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While bud ignores, or is completely oblivious of, the ways in which the "Palestinians" conduct themselves. Apparently it's alright for "Palestinians" to indoctrinate their children with hatred and aspirations for Jihad, it's totally fine to run lynch mobs on any "undesirables" (a Jewish person who took a wrong turn, another "Palestinian" accused of being gay, or a "Palestinian" girl who didn't obey instructions from her male superiors), regularly engage in mass murder and terrorist campaigns for a century, rewrite history, and glamorize "the resistance" to Jewish existence in "their land".

Oh wait, they only do that because the Jews "started it".

while i have never condoned terrorist attacks by palestinians (or israelis), and have condemned them repeatedly, you promote the ethnic cleansing of palestinians.

i'm above you, vermin.

when a government/people claim a divine right of ownership of land and that is the motivator in the pursuit of that goal they can not be thought of as secular...israeli secularism is pure charade...

They do not look at it as a devine anything - I have never met a modern Jew who was devine in mind - one speck! They are materially minded in the over all - not spiritually minded...The Jews that had spirit were destroyed - those who depended on the matieral world for survival survived - It was not the secularist Jews that perished during the holocaust - it was the spiritualists..who waited for a messiah to save them...The survivors fled during and prior the great war and genoicde. The modern secularist Jew does not respect the spiritualist Jew...and as I see it - spiritualist Jews are the marginalized minority in Israel.

why did it suddenly become important to 'recognize israel as a jewish state'?

this 'recognition' has not been part of any treaties with any neighbouring countries. it was never part of any past negotiations with the PLO either. not the madrid conference in 91, not the oslo talks in 93, camp david summit in 2000 or any other negotiations until 2007 when olmert was leaving office.

so why, all of a sudden, it's become so important?

Very simple. Last time Clinton came near a deal between Arafat and Israel, Arafat demanded an unlimited "right of return" for the alleged descendants of Arab refugees from what is now Israel. That would have ended Israel's Jewish character.

They do not look at it as a devine anything - I have never met a modern Jew who was devine in mind - one speck! They are materially minded in the over all - not spiritually minded...The Jews that had spirit were destroyed - those who depended on the matieral world for survival survived - It was not the secularist Jews that perished during the holocaust - it was the spiritualists..who waited for a messiah to save them...The survivors fled during and prior the great war and genoicde. The modern secularist Jew does not respect the spiritualist Jew...and as I see it - spiritualist Jews are the marginalized minority in Israel.

if that were the case oleg israel would have no issue with palestinian refuges returning...but it isn't, israel discriminates for religious reasons...

it says a lot about you when you try to excuse current israeli actions by comparing them to treatment of aboriginals in the past. treatments that would in no shape or form be accepted right now.

You must be joking...the "treatment" continues. Settle the damn land claims...DUH!

if that were the case oleg israel would have no issue with palestinian refuges returning...but it isn't, israel discriminates for religious reasons...

Nope. Atheist, agnostic, Christian, and Buddhist Jews have the exact same rights in Israel as Jews that follow Judaism (except the right to be exempted from military services that some of the ultra-orthodox enjoy), including the right of return to Israel. Religion is only one component of Jewish identity, a small or irrelevant one for many Jews. The fact that you could make the above statement shows nothing else than your supreme ignorance on this entire subject.

Very simple. Last time Clinton came near a deal between Arafat and Israel, Arafat demanded an unlimited "right of return" for the alleged descendants of Arab refugees from what is now Israel. That would have ended Israel's Jewish character.

What's the difference between their right of return, and Israel's right of return?

What's the difference between their right of return, and Israel's right of return?

none, israel actively promotes religious intolerance, not a characteristic of state that pretends to be western secular state....

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2010/07/israel-cabinet-discusses-citizenship-law-mulls-immigration-policy.html

This created a reality that put mixed Arab Israeli and Palestinian families in legal and human limbo, making many spouses and children illegal immigrants. Israel said at the time that Palestinians who had acquired citizenship by marriage to Israeli citizens had abused the freedom of movement afforded by an Israeli ID for involvement in suicide bombings. Rights organizations decreed the law as the single most racist one in Israel's book. A petition to the Supreme Court failed to get the law reversed, though nearly half a 13-judge panel in 2006 found the law to violate constitutional rights of citizens. The law continues to be challenged in court.

On Sunday, the government extended it again and threw in a new twist. Now, people residing in Israel illegally and seeking citizenship through marriage will have to declare loyalty not only to the state of Israel but to the state of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state. The measure is designed to make it more difficult for Palestinians married to Arab Israelis to gain citizenship on the basis of family unification, wrote the Jerusalem Post.

ahh wonderful just israel http://www.thejc.com/comment-and-debate/comment/39070/israels-crude-and-cruel-immigration-policy

the israeli government does not accept a palestinian state.

Of course it does. What it does not accept is ridiculous Palestinian demands that include "ethnic cleansing" (to use your terminology) of Jews from east Jerusalem neighborhoods as well as a right for millions of Arabs to immigrate to Israel thus eradicating its Jewish character. Israel has offered the Palestinians a state on something like 98% of the territory that they claim on several occasions, and they have repeatedly rejected it. I don't know about you, but if I was offered 98% of what I wanted after having been trying to get it for decades, I'd take it.

I don't get it...both are shemites - both have a common heritage - yet you say that one side hates the other and the Jew does not hate or discriminate? That is like saying all black people are stupid and lazy - and all the Irish are fall down drunks...I don't think that Israel discriniates for religous reasons - unless their religion dictates that all non-jews are sub-human? From what I hear that might be the case - and if so - that is not much of a religion - as Christ said of these types "your tradtions are killing you" .....................God does not discriminate between the good and the wicked - so why do humans do this?

you're wrong. israel does not accept a palestinian state:

Self-Rule

The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river.

http://www.knesset.gov.il/elections/knesset15/elikud_m.htm

This is why no one takes theabove individual seriously. The best he can do is go back and reprint some Likud platform position out of context and dated 1999.

Its pointless to respond to the above individual. His sole criteria is to troll and bait.

Oh, I am sure it was just taken out of context. Simply a misinterpretation.

actually it's not, Israel would like everyone to believe they would offer the Palestinians a state but what is offered is nothing that any free people anywhere would agree to...Palestine under Israeli terms would be nothing more than a semi-autonomous puppet state, a Bantustan...no Canadian would tolerate living under those terms how can we fault Palestinians for refusing?...but few bother to really understand what is being offered so accept Israeli claims that it's the Palestinians that are being unreasonable...

actually it's not, Israel would like everyone to believe they would offer the Palestinians a state but what is offered is nothing that any free people anywhere would agree to...Palestine under Israeli terms would be nothing more than a semi-autonomous puppet state, a Bantustan...no Canadian would tolerate living under those terms how can we fault Palestinians for refusing?...but few bother to really understand what is being offered so accept Israeli claims that it's the Palestinians that are being unreasonable...

No worries, I am with you on that myself. I should have done the sarcasm thing after my post. q

No worries, I am with you on that myself. I should have done the sarcasm thing after my post. q

too subtle I guess...

the only way I see this being resolved is Israel leaving the West Bank completely and allowing Palestine complete independence...or annex the West Bank creating a single state solution with Palestinians gaining full Israeli citizenship...

Except for Canada's First Nations, who are expected to do just that.

You seem to know a lot about our natives - the authorities treat them as sub-humans. This has gone on so long that the attitude of inferiourity is now entrenched deeply within the minds of most natives themselves. The conditions that thousands of natives live in are horrific in comparisson to the condtions in Palistine. If we were racist Jews - our natives would be our Goyem...actually less so than cattle. The situation with our aboriginals will NEVER improve..high and lofty whites dispise them - even though they created them in their present state - they hate them - If they cared about our natives there would be evidence of progress - there is none.

This is why no one takes theabove individual seriously.

because i'm posting facts?

it's like not taking hamas' charter seriously because it was written in the 80's.

likud and the rest of the coalition are against a palestinian state.

why do you fight the facts so hard?

You seem to know a lot about our natives - the authorities treat them as sub-humans. This has gone on so long that the attitude of inferiourity is now entrenched deeply within the minds of most natives themselves. The conditions that thousands of natives live in are horrific in comparisson to the condtions in Palistine. If we were racist Jews - our natives would be our Goyem...actually less so than cattle. The situation with our aboriginals will NEVER improve..high and lofty whites dispise them - even though they created them in their present state - they hate them - If they cared about our natives there would be evidence of progress - there is none.

our native situation is poor but the natives themselves have to accept some of the blame and can't always put the blame on past failed policies...the tools to improve their situation are there if they want to but many do not take advantage of what is offered them, it's not the fault of whites that natives don't continue with educational opportunities...we can't force them to stop substance abuse, we can't force them to stay in school...