Famine in Somalia

"Elephants don't live in the forest"... that's the best you've got? That sentence was plainly metaphor.

And how exactly do Western subsidies make farming "impossible"? If you want to farm, you go to a piece of land that's suitable for farming, and you farm. Western subsidies make farming not profitable. Big freaking deal if you're in the middle of a famine. I'd rather have food than profit.

It's the best I can do considering the unadulterated clueless crap you're spewing forth on teh African continent..

I notice you selectively quoted me...

How 'bout clearing up your indirect eugenic laden William Shockley routine for everyone???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the best I can do considering the unadulterated clueless crap you're spewing forth on teh African continent..

I notice you selectively quoted me...

How 'bout clearing up your indirect eugenic laden William Shockley routine for everyone???

I quoted you selectively so I could separate the idiotic crap from the totally unintelligible crap. I don't know or care about who the heck Shockley is and you can take your "routine" wherever the heck you want.

Edited by Bonam

And how exactly do Western subsidies make farming "impossible"? If you want to farm, you go to a piece of land that's suitable for farming, and you farm. Western subsidies make farming not profitable. Big freaking deal if you're in the middle of a famine. I'd rather have food than profit.

How do you farm, for subsistence, if transnational corporations and African wealthy own all the land? And if you want a job, you move to urban centers, where you don't have much if any land to work for yourself.

How do you farm, for subsistence, if transnational corporations and African wealthy own all the land? And if you want a job, you move to urban centers, where you don't have much if any land to work for yourself.

Firstly, they don't own all the land. Secondly, most of the countries we are talking about, the government often exerts little if any sovereignty outside of major cities. Go find yourself a nice remote spot in the countryside and farm it, whether or not someone owns it on paper, if it's physically unoccupied, chances are no one is gonna come knocking for a good long time. At least, that would be possible, if most of these countries weren't so tragically overpopulated, again as a result of Western meddling.

Edited by Bonam