Cull racoons and use meat to feed welfare people and homeless.

Sounds as if we're on the same page.

I would think it would be illegal for them to ask if you are pregnant as I think it's illegal to ask about whether one has kids or not. Maybe I'm wrong?

You're most welcome; I do wish you the best - it sounds as if you're trying to make the best of a bad situation. Good luck.

Thank you for youre well wishes, they are greatly appriciated:)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

omg. I just read this in the news. Maybe Mr. Canada isn't off his rocker with his suggestion after all:

Airport geese to be cooked for poor

New York City plans to capture pesky geese that threaten planes departing area airports and send them to Pennsylvania to be cooked for meals for the poor, city officials said.

omg. I just read this in the news. Maybe Mr. Canada isn't off his rocker with his suggestion after all:

Airport geese to be cooked for poor

New York City plans to capture pesky geese that threaten planes departing area airports and send them to Pennsylvania to be cooked for meals for the poor, city officials said.

Geese I can see. I'd be much more leery about eating raccoon meat, considering their very broad diet. I feel the same way about bear, although I know some of the long-passed members of my family ate bear.

I hate city squirels that have taken to eating chicken bones out of dumpsters - whose fur is falling out - the little bastards eat my morning glory sprouts....at least Racoons...don't bother me...and if they do I can always shooo them away - where as a squirel that is just a rat with a good PR department - is to stupid to be frightened...and my dogs are just to sleepy to catch the little bastards at 5 in the morning.

Geese I can see. I'd be much more leery about eating raccoon meat, considering their very broad diet. I feel the same way about bear, although I know some of the long-passed members of my family ate bear.

I've eaten bear before. It's actually very tasty.

Guest American Woman

I would question what geese in the city include in their diet, too. Evidently Pennsylvania has a testing and processing procedure set up, which NY hopes to have in place by next year so the geese can feed New Yorkers instead of sending them to Pennsylvania. Seems to me the same procedure could be put in place regarding raccoons. Not that I'm advocating it, but I really don't see the difference between the two situations.

I would question what geese in the city include in their diet, too. Evidently Pennsylvania has a testing and processing procedure set up, which NY hopes to have in place by next year so the geese can feed New Yorkers instead of sending them to Pennsylvania. Seems to me the same procedure could be put in place regarding raccoons. Not that I'm advocating it, but I really don't see the difference between the two situations.

How do you feel about lobster?

This is a most excellent idea I would think. Toronto has far too many racoons. Mayor Ford should institute a pay per dead racoon body, send them to a slauhter house and have them butchered and frozen then distribute them to people with their welfare cheques and use the meat to also feed the many homeless in our shelters. Good deal for everyone.

Who's with me?

I say, send the Canada geese to Canada. But see below in the New York City area (link, excerpts below):

This year, at least, the city’s slaughtered geese will not go to waste: They will go to feed hungry Pennsylvanians.

In response to the criticism, the city’s Department of Environmental Protection has arranged to truck this year’s captured geese to Pennsylvania, where they will be slaughtered and then distributed to food banks there.

• 2 weeks later...

Cull extreme right-wingers and feed them to the homeless. Like racooons, they are rabid pests.

Unlike racoons, they cause real damage.

Tell any homeowner with a dozen or so raccoons that he can't get rid of living in the attic all about their harmlessness.

Better yet, go help him trap them without running afoul of the animal control people, the wildlife associations, National Bearhuggers Association, MAAC (Mothers against animal cruelty) IFPWL )idiots for the preservation of wild life) PETA, SOHR (save our helpless Raccoons) or some otther idiot organization in a city of 4 million with 5 million Raccoons. Does ANYONE in the world really think that any urban center needs more than 1 Raccoon per person?

Raccoon: It's what's for dinner

Raccoon, which made the first edition of The Joy of Cooking in 1931, is labor-intensive but well worth the time....

“Good things come to those who wait”

And let's not rule out squirrels:

Eating varmints is even in vogue these days, at least in Britain. The New York Times reported last week that Brits are eating squirrels with wild abandon.

You neglected to mention rats, feral cats, Opossum and crows--- all those "down home" West Virginia meat groups.

I raised a racoon once...Her name was Emily...started off with an eye dropper and kitten formula. She had a temper - and chased the cat down the hall...used a litter box and did not like being kicked out of the house eventually...From what I gather - she was killed by a drunk driver - some associate of one of the kids who squished her intentionally - so rumor has it. Racoons in the wild are clean and good creatures...city racoons are bullies.

20 minutes , a ladder, hammer and nails and problem solved. It isnt hard

You nail the racoons to the walls or something?

I used a cage and a tin of tuna and it worked like a charm. Short little trip to the outskirts and problem solved.

I used a cage and a tin of tuna and it worked like a charm. Short little trip to the outskirts and problem solved.

What? The city has laws against the displacement of racoons from their natural habitat which is now supposedly the city.....I wonder how long it will take for YOUR raccons to get back...better look out the window - they might be home by now wanting supper.

What? The city has laws against the displacement of racoons from their natural habitat which is now supposedly the city.....I wonder how long it will take for YOUR raccons to get back...better look out the window - they might be home by now wanting supper.

Not my city by-laws. Plus, I didn't blab the relocation to anyone. Nice and quiet like.

Fixed the flashing and hole where they got in and no problem existed. They moved on somewhere else.

The problem I have with the original topic is that 'food' that most of us wouldn't touch is to be forced on "welfare people and the homeless", a seeming punishment for their state. To remove the apparent punitive element, I would suggest that wealthy people first adopt this diet and make it popular. :-]

A fine plate of racoon delight should cost about $124.oo a plate - make it exclusive - and keep those damned welfare people out of the fine resturants...They should stick to their craft dinner and campbells tomatoe soup...how dare the unwashed masses eat coon ?

Never eaten Racoon before and really can't see myself doing so, but if its a valid food source then why not? It has to be better than nothing at all. As for Bear, I have some in the freezer right now along with Venison, Rabbit and a few Ducks. Bear is very good if cooked properly, as is Moose. Actually they all taste good if prepared properly. Some people just don't like the stronger more "gamey" flavour though.

• 3 weeks later...