Mitt Romney

I had a look at your link - very good - I guess the Nazi rocket guys were just extra hired help. I am sure America had it's own brain power - Like Edison...who had a large staff of researchers - who were not allowed to take credit..Edison knew about the power of branding. Much like the lawyer father of Bill Gates who instructed his son to brand cows that were not his.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would vote for Harper because he offers the only opportunity for reduction in the size of government.

the size of the government has increased under harper since he's come to power. so you should look at what actually happens instead of what they tell you happens.

He could always take Obama's example, and use executive orders and ignore the various courts that rule them unconstitutional.

obama, bush and pretty much all presidents have used executive orders.

obama, bush and pretty much all presidents have used executive orders.

Yes, but Obama's set a new standard. Issuing executive orders, and then ignoring their nullification from the courts.

Anyways, back to Romney...

Among all Americans, Obama and Romney are knotted at 47 percent each, and among registered voters, the former governor is numerically ahead, 49 percent to 46 percent

Washington Post

That would be unconstitutional...not a good start for a "strict constitutionalist". Ron Paul will never be President of the United States.

Actually, I believe Ron Paul would be restoring the constitution as best he can to the original founding document. Striking down exectutive orders that override parts of the constitution. Axing amendmants that bypass certain items of the constitution.

Guest American Woman

That would be unconstitutional...not a good start for a "strict constitutionalist". Ron Paul will never be President of the United States.

This is true. Seems not as many Americans are as enamored of him as non-Americans. Too bad for Ron Paul. Who will never be POTUS.

Sarah Palin was nominated by her party to be Vice President....Ron Paul was not.

Right. Ron Paul does not have establishment Republican support whatsoever. He has been pooh-poohed by them long before Sarah Palin and the Tea party came along. He has some Tea party support but is still considered less "conservative" than Sarah Palin, who I believe the establishment of the Republican party thinks can more easily be absorbed. Ron Paul cannot be absorbed in the least. Mitt Romney is already there; a part of the establishment.

Newt Gingrich has fallen out of favour for some reason which seems to be greater than just his personal baggage. That would be an interesting story, I'm sure.

the size of the government has increased under harper since he's come to power. so you should look at what actually happens instead of what they tell you happens.

I imagine some sectors have increased. He is a conservative. However, he has done what I have stated. Lowered the GST by two percentage points. He has attempted to and perhaps now can and will end the gun registry. You don't say where he has increased the size of government? I imagine you are thinking of buying some military jets or building some prisons. This is true, although defence and justice are areas I consider are more legitimate mandates of government than say - redistributing wealth. I hear he wants to create more electoral districts as well for an even bigger government.

I imagine some sectors have increased. He is a conservative. However, he has done what I have stated. Lowered the GST by two percentage points. He has attempted to and perhaps now can and will end the gun registry. You don't say where he has increased the size of government? I imagine you are thinking of buying some military jets or building some prisons. This is true, although defence and justice are areas I consider are more legitimate mandates of government than say - redistributing wealth. I hear he wants to create more electoral districts as well for an even bigger government.

ron paul is a true fiscal conservative.

harper, bush, clinton, reagan, mulruney, obama all have had major obligations to corporations who have funded their rise to leadership.

this is why majority of the corporations continue to make billions and billions in profit, while the standard of living for the middle class continues to decline.

Edited by bud

ron paul is a true fiscal conservative.

harper, bush, clinton, reagan, mulruney, obama all have had major obligations to corporations who have funded their rise to leadership.

this is why majority of the corporations continue to make billions and billions in profit, while the standard of living for the middle class continues to decline.

Corporations will buy Romney as easily as any other politician.

Corporations will buy Romney as easily as any other politician.

I'm pretty sure he was bought and paid for a long time ago! Afterall, he's one of them. Romney's great claim as a businessman is being a disaster capitalist who's firm - Bain Capital, looked for struggling companies to buy out, put loans on their balance sheets - drive them into bankruptcy - and then sell off their assets. The big joke on the Republican campaign is that Romney would create jobs because 'he's a businessman'...well, so is Herman Cain, but for some reason Karl Rove doesn't want to put his investors' money on that one.

When the dog show is finally over, I'll bet that either Romney or Pawlenty will be the Republican nominee. The businessmen like to get the crazy church people in the Republican Party energized to go out and work for them, but they are never going to let one of the crazies like Michelle Bachman become the Party's nominee....they'll find a way to get their hand-picked choice to the Fall Convention.

How far down can you go? Bush to Obama to Romney?? Yikes.

Going to Romney would be a step up, not a step down. Obama's been a complete disaster. Taking a bad recession and making it worse isn't grounds for a second term.

Going to Romney would be a step up, not a step down. Obama's been a complete disaster. Taking a bad recession and making it worse isn't grounds for a second term.

Alright. Remember how I said Obama would be worse than Bush, but different? I am going to say the same for Romney. He will be worse than Obama, but different.

Another big winner from the debate last night. Michelle Bachmann. She was brilliant! Even Chris Matthews on MSNBC has changed his tune. :lol:

Well of course Mathews would like Backmann, the dems want the nuttiest nut to run against Obama and she is a whole new kind of right wing nutter.

I would like to nut on her face though, she is kinda hot.....perhaps her and Palin could snowball it.

Edited by Avro

Some of the questions were just really stupid.

Like - Thick or Thin crust. Really? Like I give a shit on what type of pizza crust they like. It's a joke.

I have to agree. CNN wasted a lot of time asking stupid questions.

Alright. Remember how I said Obama would be worse than Bush, but different? I am going to say the same for Romney. He will be worse than Obama, but different.

Do you see anyone being better?

Economically, Obama has been the worst President ever. Doubling the spending of government, long after Bush had overspent. Being unable to lower unemployment and increase economic activity - not that government can do that anyway. There is only two ways they can keep unemployment high and economic activity low, by standing in the way or "helping". Obama, being the caring sharing type, is helping as hard as he can.

Another big winner from the debate last night. Michelle Bachmann. She was brilliant! Even Chris Matthews on MSNBC has changed his tune. :lol:

Yea..I saw that. MSNBC's other cavalcade of clowns are starting to focus more on Ms. Bachmann instead of Sarah Palin. Bachmann was born in Iowa, and has a real chance to develop some primary momentum amongst an otherwise weak field. Here in Minnesota, you either love her or hate her, but you can't ignore her! ;)