The BQ will not Work with Liberals

There will be no coalition or agreement that will allow the Liberals to govern with the support of the BLOC
Absolutely.

The numbers to watch are whether Lib + NDP make 155 (a Speaker is required). There is no way the Libs can manage otherwise.

The NDP are about to become prostitutes.

I would have preferred (I expected) a Harper BQ/Lib play off.

The Canada of Trudeau, Macdonald, Laurier, King will be badly served by this Lib/NDP, Martin/Layton do-in. Why? It is an English do-in.

Sorry. I am still astonished that so many Ontario voters fell to the Liberal fear tactics. (Immigrants. They don't get Canada. "The Liberal Party allowed me to become a Canadian".)

I don't know. Is a Harper-Duceppe Canada better than a Martin-Layton Canada?

For starters, the Harper-Duceppe Canada speaks intelligently two languages. Like Macdonald-Cartier, Baldwin-Lafontaine, Fulton-Favreau. All shocking in their time. Canada requires an open mind.

A Harper-Dumont Canada might be best of all. Whatever, let's make it happen and get on with life. Let's be honest.

A Conservative/BQ coalition would not happen. Harper gave out hints of wishes to abandon biliqualism in Canada. That backward step would not win him many friends in Quebec.

The Conservatives better fine tune their agenda and show what they are about. Hints coming out of their intentions are what saved the Liberals.

I think the main reason Canadians did not go Conservative is because of Harper's wish for stronger ties with the USA while Bush is still in office. Many do not publicly wish to criticize the USA but still do not want to be sucking up to that country until they return to being a less arrogant country that shows more respect for international agreements and Canada's right to decide international issues independent of the USA.

We do need a stronger military but not of the type Harper envisioned that would be more aggression capable. Home Defense is what we need; capable of assisting in times of disasters.

Health Care needs to be refreshed not dismantled.

I think Harper has to jettison the only thing holding him back - the social conservatives. The new CPC needs to set policy that clearly sets itself apart from the Alliance on those issues.

Free votes will still be allowed "on anything that isn't party policy", so he should set firm policies that state that the party supports the Charter as it is, and so forth.

If he does this, and the Martin minority government falters, then he will be PM next time around.

Hopefully Harper has done well enough to stay on and undo the social conservative influence in the party. Otherwise, they won't break through and the Liberals will sit for another four terms.

Sorry, I am still astonished that so many Ontario voters fell to the Liberal fear tactics

I think that Ontario voters had a right to be scared. After all, we had almost 12 years of Harris/Eves under Progressive Conservatives.

Plus, I had Tony Clement in my riding, there was no way I was voting for him.

I don't think people in the rest of Canada realize just how angry people are in Alberta. Alienation is VERY high right now; as high as in Quebec. When we block vote here and they vote the same way in Quebec, the result is that the Liberals win, despite blatant corruption. Let's face it, the Liberals are the only truly national party around and that is a really sad reality. Many are saying that cooperation will be the theme for this government, but I am not so optimistic. I think that each party will try even harder to make themselves APPEAR to be benevolent and in the meantime, no real agenda will be served. Canada needs to be more competitive internationally.

I think that Ontario voters had a right to be scared. After all, we had almost 12 years of Harris/Eves under Progressive Conservatives.

LOL

Do you also check your name tag every morning

just to make sure you are who you think?

Did it also say,Stupid Ontario Voter?