Oil Pipe Lines

Profit profit profit! Another oil spill and more damage to people and nature. Why are these lines so poorly designed? You would imagine that they would have high quality shut off valves every half kilometer at least - Hardware made of fine brass and stainless steel - and you would imagine that they would hire persons to walk the line and patrol it 24 - 7 - It reminds me of the BP gusher - That all started because some executive did not want to spend a few hundred thousand on a valve. It's strange also that media will report "The oil company has agreed to pay for the clean up" _ wtf..............who else did they expect to clean up the mess? Corporate cheapness costs the company more in the end - but seeing they are in bed with the government - they always attempt to get the tax payer to foot the bill IF THEY CAN.

Profit profit profit! Another oil spill and more damage to people and nature. Why are these lines so poorly designed? You would imagine that they would have high quality shut off valves every half kilometer at least - Hardware made of fine brass and stainless steel - and you would imagine that they would hire persons to walk the line and patrol it 24 - 7 - It reminds me of the BP gusher - That all started because some executive did not want to spend a few hundred thousand on a valve. It's strange also that media will report "The oil company has agreed to pay for the clean up" _ wtf..............who else did they expect to clean up the mess? Corporate cheapness costs the company more in the end - but seeing they are in bed with the government - they always attempt to get the tax payer to foot the bill IF THEY CAN.

There is a plan to put a pipeline from the oilsands through northern BC to Kitimat for shipment to China. Enbridge Corp is telling us it is safe and good for the economy. In the end it will create no more than 10 jobs in Kitimat, so economically, it does little. As to safety, an Enbridge spokesman says "A spill is inevitable." If it is "inevitable" then why do we need it? I personally am against the pipeline, especially since the coasstline of BC is an environmentally sensitive area, as are the areas the line is supposed to come through. Most First Nations people are against the line, and I support them.

There is a plan to put a pipeline from the oilsands through northern BC to Kitimat for shipment to China. Enbridge Corp is telling us it is safe and good for the economy. In the end it will create no more than 10 jobs in Kitimat, so economically, it does little. As to safety, an Enbridge spokesman says "A spill is inevitable." If it is "inevitable" then why do we need it? I personally am against the pipeline, especially since the coasstline of BC is an environmentally sensitive area, as are the areas the line is supposed to come through. Most First Nations people are against the line, and I support them.

Selling more to China is a mistake. Now because of our greed China is buying air craft carriers and more and more conventional weapons. Funny how greed works. It gives power to our enemy. I am sure that a pipe line could be safe...not that I like the rampant never ending lust for more energy to create more things we don't really need - BUT - even I as a novice can imagine a truely safe pipe line. If we can travel to Mars and the Moon - then we have the knowledge to build totally safe pipe lines...as I had mentioned regarding walking the line...Enbridge could hire 5000 First Nations people to watch over a pipe line..every damned meter of it. Pay them a decent wage ---and invest in better weilding material - better shut off valves...It is simply stupid that a line can spring a leak and no one notices for days...Oil soaked into the ground can NEVER be removed - It is poison to man and the natural world.

I like this line....

....and the Canadian government are pimping Alberta's tar sands

Weez gonna pimp as much tar as weez can - and if yo all don't like it - we gonna pop you with a couple of caps in that ass. Oh no here comes Anthony! Awwwh!

There is a problem with the super rich when it comes to generating wealth from natural resourses - they like kids - take all the candy and toss the wrappers on the ground - leaving the tax payer with the clean up bill. There should be a law regarding the gereration of wealth _ If you want to be super rich then you have to clean up after your self. It`s apparent that the super rich are not potty trained.