And I'd like you to point out where I laid out my political affiliation. Like so many partisans, you confuse someone being critical of your favorite party with them siding with the other party. I think most other people here will agree that I have been critical of all of them. My particular beef against the Tories was their contemptuous treatment of Parliament, which is a matter of record.

That' Toronto Star style fabrication. try to be smarter than that.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

I wasn't aware science was a religion? I commented that my Creationist whack job of an MP is likely going down in defeat. It has nothing to do with Lunney's religion. There are lots of Christians who don't debate science.

Beyond that, Lunney was an advocate of all kinds of nonsense, like "alternative" medicine and all sorts of nonsense.

I was responding to keeping the fringes, like some "Conservative" posters or the social conservatives marginalized.

I'm not getting into a science vs religion debate.

I knew Laverdiere was going to beat Duceppe... not that badly though haha

I looked at her resume a while back... for some reason, I have a good feeling about her. I think she has a great future in store with the New Democrats.

Harper is going to move it closer to the center. He isn't going to go for hot button issues, because it would undo the substantial accomplishment.

I'm not so confident but we'll see I suppose. I can't believe how few seats the BLOC won, I never would have thought they would do so pooorly nor would I have suspected the NDP would break 100.

Also personal surprise in my own riding which was a close three way race, Glen Pearson actually lost his seat. Surprising considering no one has ever even heard of Susan Truppe.

This election proves that many Canadians DO have common sense. Congrats CPC!!! Canada will be prosperous.

Prosperous for the few at the expense of the many. This election proves nothing. 60% of Canadians voted against Harper and his far right agenda. But some Canadians have stupidly handed him a majority. Now we are in for even more secrecy, corruption, and contempt for parliament. Higher taxes....er....I mean fees, and cuts in services for average Canadians. We all now pay for the very wealthy to buy another vacations property. Enjoy.

I apologize to any Liberals whose feelings I just hurt. I just can't stand the guy. Obviously neither could his constituents.

Ignatieff always succeeded in his past careers. He thought he could excel in politics and he was served his just desserts. It was sheer arrogance for him to think he could be absent from Canada for 34 years and expect he could become Prime Minister at the snap of his fingers. An arrogance that Canadians have steadily associated with the Liberal Party. Tonight, he and his party were given an overdue message. Fool me once, shame on you etc. I don't feel sorry for him or the present Liberal Party one bit.

Prosperous for the few at the expense of the many. This election proves nothing. 60% of Canadians voted against Harper and his far right agenda. But some Canadians have stupidly handed him a majority. Now we are in for even more secrecy, corruption, and contempt for parliament. Higher taxes....er....I mean fees, and cuts in services for average Canadians. We all now pay for the very wealthy to buy another vacations property. Enjoy.

I'm curious. How does contempt of Parliament happen when the majority of MPs do not believe it's happening?

Really? And how would you know anything about society? You're one of the most hateful polarized and mean-spirited posters here.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Why don't you go take a cold shower, have a good cry, crawl back into your bottle of hooch, or something else to soothe your disappointment.

There have been both winners and losers here this evening. With the exception of you and one other, all have been gracious and behaved with real class. We should now look towards a new debate and bury the hatchet on this one.

You forgot soldiers in the streets of Canadian cities. :ph34r:

Oh god. Ignatieff now giving a homily of the Liberal Party. Just go away, please.
I agree. I found the speech self-indulgent and prosaic. He lost me when he said that he would stay to rebuild the party. It's sad that he had to say that so that he wouldn't be accused of being a carpetbagger.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Why don't you go take a cold shower, have a good cry, crawl back into your bottle of hooch, or something else to soothe your disappointment.

There have been both winners and losers here this evening. With the exception of you and one other, all have been gracious and behaved with real class. We should now look towards a new debate and bury the hatchet on this one.

You didn't answer my question. Does Executive Privilege exist in Canada?

LOL. Funny to hear from an example of that "idiot wave". Canada will go backwards now for 4 long years. And there will be many people who will realize too late what their vote for Harper has done. I guess if your a millionaire things are looking rosy. So much of Canadian tax dollars going into your pocket as "tax breaks" at the expense of social benefits to everyone.

I'm not sure how old you are but you obviously do not remember the Trudeau era. No politician in the past 100 years has patronized the rich easterners more than the Trudeau Liberals. They went so far as to introduce the National Energy Program (also known as the true Carbon Tax or the Tax on Alberta) so he could continue to buy votes in Eastern Canada while dragging Canada into a terrible recession. In my opinion Ignatieff was a Trudeau clone that the Liberals hoped would get them the glory of old. However most Canadians are better educated today than they were in the Trudeau Mania days and believe they know what is good for Canada.

I agree. I found the speech self-indulgent and prosaic. He lost me when he said that he would stay to rebuild the party. It's sad that he had to say that so that he wouldn't be accused of being a carpetbagger.

I don't see how he's going to stick around anyways. I can't imagine them tolerating a guy who lost his own seat sticking around as leader. He should have done the right thing and fallen on his sword. This only confirms how out of touch he is.

This country can use a step to the right in some areas. Let's just hope Harper doesn't go go all wacky social & Christian conservative on us. If they stay sane, i think we'll have a good 4-5 years. Maybe the most worried i am is with foreign policy. We'd would have been in Iraq if the CPC was in power in 2003. The CPC has a lot of good policies to offer, i hope they stay with those & minimize the stupidity and power-hunger.