Final Seat Predictions Contest

I'm going to go with:

158 seats for the CPC

75 seats for the NDP

50 seats for the LPC

25 seats for the bloc

Nittany your 130 seat projection for the NDP looks like pure fantasy. Even EKOS, the polling company with the most generous NDP numbers and least generous CPC numbers, is predicting at worst 133 seats for the Cons and 115 for the dips.

All of the other polling companies are predicting between 143-160 seats for the CPC, with a nasty vote split for the NDP and Liberals. If the results end up around the 150 mark for them, there's a good chance you might have Liberals and Bloc members who narrowly won vs CPC candidates cross the floor to keep Jacko irrelevant and make sure we don't have another election soon.

People from the Bloc crossing the floor to support the Conservatives and block the NDP? Not a chance

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that makes you feel better. I do not think he can pull it off, not even a slim majority. I'm more interested in seeing how badly the Liberals do.

Yes I feel better. But I guess you don't LMFAO.

So

First:

Keepitsimple at 162

Second:

Capricorn / Moonbox at 158

Me:

Damn, I lost.

(weird how only four of us predicted majority, eh?)

5 I picked 158 Edited by PIK

(weird how only four of us predicted majority, eh?)

That's 'cause for many of us it was just plain unthinkable. (Still is.)

Oh well. I called Ralph Goodale and Elizabeth May. That's about all, though.

I'd have put $10 on Nettie Wiebe if I could have found anyone willing to bet against her, but there were no takers.

Yes August had a respectable final tally. Predicting a majority on this forum took some amount of courage I think and very few dared document the way they read the tea leaves. The wide consensus was that Harper would win a minority, some even thought he would lose government. Sometimes those making their points used an angry tone, sometimes in a disrespectful tone and in some cases ridiculing the opinions of others. The result of this election has perhaps chastened some of them. In the end it's not so much whether your guy or gal won but that you cared enough about our democracy to cast your vote.

The wide consensus was that Harper would win a minority, some even thought he would lose government.

That could have been the difference. The race in many peoples minds no longer being Harper majority or minority, but Harper or Layton as PM. Some Liberals that jumped to NDP to stop Harper Majority may have re-evaluated when it appeared NDP or CPC.

Or simple that conservative voters went out to polls more then NDP ones.

That could have been the difference. The race in many peoples minds no longer being Harper majority or minority, but Harper or Layton as PM. Some Liberals that jumped to NDP to stop Harper Majority may have re-evaluated when it appeared NDP or CPC.

Or simple that conservative voters went out to polls more then NDP ones.

Oh, I think the NDP got out the vote. If there was any particular collapse it was from the Liberal supporters.

But I do think the advance polls were in the Tories' favor.

Serious question - as I have said before, I think most on this forum have their political position fairly firmly set. In my riding the Conservatives called me four times encouraging me to vote, and twice offering to drive me to the poll. Do you think that type of attention impresses Joe(sephen) Undecided?