Where's Ignatieff?

Is it just me or has Ignatieff fallen off the map over the last 5 days or so? The Liberal camp seems awfully quiet. No commercials. No statements to the media. It seems like they've all but disappeared since the photo deal. Maybe I'm wrong. Any ideas?

Is it just me or has Ignatieff fallen off the map over the last 5 days or so? The Liberal camp seems awfully quiet. No commercials. No statements to the media. It seems like they've all but disappeared since the photo deal. Maybe I'm wrong. Any ideas?

Perhaps they still retain hopes of winning the elrction and don't want to spoil them by keeping Ignatieff in the public eye.

"You know, we have a government that's spending billions on fighter jets we don't need, we have a government that's been found in contempt of parliament. We have a government that's had scandal after scandal. We have a prime minister who won't even answer your questions. How much longer are people going to stand for it? Come on, Canada! It's time to Rise Up! Rise up!"

<a tumbleweed blows past>

"...come on, people! Rise Up!"

<crickets>

"Hey, everyone! I received a massage in 1996 too. Anybody want to grill me about it?"

"...Please?"

"...Anybody?"

<a lonely wolf howls somewhere out in the wilderness>

-k

Edited by kimmy

I think the Liberal camp has thrown in the towel. A clear sign of this is that they're campaigning hard in Liberal ridings in and around Toronto. He's campaigning in what should have been sure bets for the Liberals but his inept campaign has left him on the defensive.

He was in Guelph yesterday, of all places, defending a well liked and well respected incumbent in Frank Valeriote against an unknown rookie CPC candidate with very next to no political background.

That depends on what you watch. News channels are mainly libs and ndp ads. Watching hockey on tsn as of late it was tory ads. I don't know what kind of ads were playing on say big bang theory (sports fan here)

The best way you can see how a campaign going is right here. These days around here, the libs have done a vanishing act.

Surrounded by supporters in Holland's campaign office, Ignatieff made a passionate plea for the party's future.

"We can only succeed on our own if we succeed together," he said, in a speech that ended with his eyes glistening.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hTgvUSC71j5bIQOm3QYmO8bAYHqA?docId=6724235

Eyes glistening? Now that's passion.

Michael says he starting around as leader and even the Tories for the time he became leader, has been pounding down on him, he still may come up on top down the road. Harper will probably be gone before Michael and Michael should be proud of the way he did his campaigning and one could tell how passionate he is about Canada. I think he and Jack could work together and made Canada back to the great country it was before CRAP appeared. BTW, that he end of the link, is a list someone put together of all the organizations that have been affected by Harper. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ignatieff-commits-stay-liberal-leader-173340581.html;_ylt=AhAE0dVXGXmiPFPkXI1H7PNAQNt_;_ylu=X3oDMTM5NjV2aDI5BHBrZwM0NWYyNzU2Ni0xYWY1LTM3YzQtOWRlOC02YmQ0OGRmNjhkMjUEcG9zAzQEc2VjA01lZGlhVG9wU3RvcnkEdmVyAzA3NWRiMDIwLTc0MjQtMTFlMC1iNzVhLWFhZWE4MjcyNWU1Yw--;_ylg=X3oDMTFjNjVhOWUzBGludGwDY2EEbGFuZwNlbi1jYQRwc3RhaWQDBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

Ignatief is done. Canada made up their minds about him a long time ago and he's not going to change that much. The LPC can't afford another outing like this one.

As for him working with Jack as PM, that's really not going to happen. That would spell the end of the Liberal Party.

I wonder if the Lib candidates are taking the same route as the US Reps did in the 2008 election where they didn't want to be seen anywhere close to Bush. Iggy is poison right now.

I guess it is no secret that the Liberals will be seeking a new leader after this election, especially if the NDP becomes the official opposition. Ignatieff has bitten off more than he can chew.

Michael says he starting around as leader and even the Tories for the time he became leader, has been pounding down on him, he still may come up on top down the road. Harper will probably be gone before Michael and Michael should be proud of the way he did his campaigning and one could tell how passionate he is about Canada. I think he and Jack could work together and made Canada back to the great country it was before CRAP appeared. BTW, that he end of the link, is a list someone put together of all the organizations that have been affected by Harper. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ignatieff-commits-stay-liberal-leader-173340581.html;_ylt=AhAE0dVXGXmiPFPkXI1H7PNAQNt_;_ylu=X3oDMTM5NjV2aDI5BHBrZwM0NWYyNzU2Ni0xYWY1LTM3YzQtOWRlOC02YmQ0OGRmNjhkMjUEcG9zAzQEc2VjA01lZGlhVG9wU3RvcnkEdmVyAzA3NWRiMDIwLTc0MjQtMTFlMC1iNzVhLWFhZWE4MjcyNWU1Yw--;_ylg=X3oDMTFjNjVhOWUzBGludGwDY2EEbGFuZwNlbi1jYQRwc3RhaWQDBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

Really?

He should be proud of his low brow attacks in the debates and campaign?

He should be proud of the fact that he led his party... the only party never to finish under second overall nationally... to the worst showing it has ever seen, including letting the NDP pass it?

Yeah he should be proud alright. Just like Kim Campbell should be proud of her election performance in 1993.

Really?

He should be proud of his low brow attacks in the debates and campaign?

He should be proud of the fact that he led his party... the only party never to finish under second overall nationally... to the worst showing it has ever seen, including letting the NDP pass it?

Yeah he should be proud alright. Just like Kim Campbell should be proud of her election performance in 1993.

He didn't run a particularly bad campaign, it just wasn't a particularly good campaign either, and in my opinion the wrong campaign. He was doing fine until they started to panic shortly after the debates. Mostly he just happened to be the leader in power when the inevitable took place, and Quebec turned to the NDP as its federal choice.

The right campaign in my opinion would have been to challenge the Conservatives directly on the economy, and campaigning for the Red Tory vote, rather than trying to drain the NDP, which failed last time too. Had they done that I think that the support they bled to the NDP during this surge would have been at least partially made up by draining support from the Conservatives, rather than the collapse of their party to its urban Toronto base. But who knows.