Quebec Liberal candidate accused of being a white supremecist

http://blogs.canoe.ca/eyeonthehill/liberals/liberal-candidate-called-aboriginals-featherheads-says-theyre-lazy-over-to-you-ignatieff/

André Forbes is the Liberal candidate in Manicouagan. He is also the founder and former spokesperson for l’Association des Droits des Blancs (the Association for the Rights of Whites) in Sept-Iles, Quebec and is spokesperson for Métis Côte-Nord.

We all know that the aboriginals will not keep their job… (Le Soleil, March 2, 2002)

Do you know how much a featherhead costs?” That’s the brutal question I was asked by André Forbes, president of the Association for the Rights of Whites of Sept-Îles, in September of 2002, at the height of the controversy surrounding the agreement in principle with the Innu community. Forbes was referring to how much it costs for the State to fulfill its responsibilities towards aboriginals. Of course, he had the answer. “For you, it’s 25 grand; for a prisoner, 50 grand; for an Indian; 100 grand.”(L’actualite, October 15, 2004)

“In Sept-Iles, André Forbes warns the newly-recognized Innu rights will one day trump his own. He represents an association he says is for the protection of white rights.”The Innu are telling us now we’re the cowboys and you’re the Indians,” (The National, November 8, 2010)

Not that I think for a minute that this reflects the LPC, but if irrelevant gotchas are fair game against the CPC on this board, it's worth at least documenting LPC members doing similar things, since every time you mention that they do, the lefties on this board pretend nothing like this ever happens.

I'm very interested to see how the CBC spins this to make it sound positive to the LPC. I'm guessing they'll hail Ignatieff as a hero for turfing the guy (as opposed to how they vilify Harper when he gets rid of someone who's done something dumb).

Edited by Bryan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blogs.canoe.ca/eyeonthehill/liberals/liberal-candidate-called-aboriginals-featherheads-says-theyre-lazy-over-to-you-ignatieff/

Not that I think for a minute that this reflects the LPC, but if irrelevant gotchas are fair game against the CPC on this board, it's worth at least documenting LPC members doing similar things, since every time you mention that they do, the lefties on this board pretend nothing like this ever happens.

I'm very interested to see how the CBC spins this to make it sound positive to the LPC. I'm guessing they'll hail Ignatieff as a hero for turfing the guy (as opposed to how they vilify Harper when he gets rid of someone who's done something dumb).

Thus far there hasn't been any spin. They've reported it, Iggy's looking into it, not much else to say. I'm assuming, if it all pans out, the guy won't be a candidate much longer.

Does go to show you that you have to vet your candidates carefully.

I'm not sure you can really call him a white supremasict from those comments. He's perhaps racist against natives, but that's all it looks like. I myself think it's ludicrous how much money we throw away at aboriginals and how much of it they squander, though I wouldn't go so far as to say they can't hold a job...That's just dumb.

Whats racist about that?

Because, almost inevitably "white pride" groups are racists trying to hide by their "racial pride" bullcrap.

The Liberals should have vetted their candidates better. This guy should never have made it to into the candidate's slot.

And let's be very blunt here. If this was a Conservative candidate, Liberal and NDP supporters here would be jumping all over it as a sign that the Conservatives let bigots in their party.

Edited by ToadBrother

Because, almost inevitably "white pride" groups are racists trying to hide by their "racial pride" bullcrap.

The Liberals should have vetted their candidates better. This guy should never have made it to into the candidate's slot.

And let's be very blunt here. If this was a Conservative candidate, Liberal and NDP supporters here would be jumping all over it as a sign that the Conservatives let bigots in their party.

Odd that people make a big deal of white pride groups, yet other pride groups are somehow never mentioned.

"the Association for the Rights of Whites"? :blink:

Is it OK to use language like that now then?

I don't see what the difference is between that and something like B'nai Brith or the Muslim Congress of Canada, or even Women's Rights groups. Is it impossible that the rights of white people are sometimes overlooked simply because they're a majority?

Please explain that to me.

"the Association for the Rights of Whites"? :blink:

Is it OK to use language like that now then?

And yet all you have to do is replace "Whites" with "Blacks" or "Colored People" or "African-Americans" or "First Nations" or "Women" or "Homosexuals" and suddenly it's completely all right.

As are other pride groups fronts for other supremacists. Again you never here about any other form of supremacists other than the white supremacists.

Some are. I'd say, for instance, that the Nation of Islam had some heavily racist elements, though not every member was a racist, obviously.

I'll stand by my statement. Meet a "white pride" guy, odds are pretty good you've just met a racist.

As are other pride groups fronts for other supremacists. Again you never here about any other form of supremacists other than the white supremacists.

But aside from occasional fringe elements of existing (non-supremacist) groups, can you name any--aside from self-termed "White Supremacists"--who actually were "supremacists"?

Where are the "Women's Supremacist" groups?

It would appear that Supremacist Groups mostly arise out of members of the historically dominant group who feel sidelined (and are often comprised of people who are sidelined--say, working-class, uneducated whites) from their own group, and have laid the blame elsewhere in a typical formulation.

That's why the phenomenon of "Supremist" groups do tend to be white; it's not just a biased perception, it's real. It's not an inherent weakness of whites that others do not possess; it has to do with members of an historically powerful group feeling alienated as a subgroup, perhaps.

Edited by bloodyminded

In large part because white pride groups are pretty much just fronts for White Supremacists.

Perhaps that's the case but you'd have to look at the group itself and what it represents before you make that judgement. Usually White Supremacist groups are LOUD AND PROUD about how stupid and bigoted they are.

There's a HUGE distinction between a white supremacist and a white person feeling disenfranchised by affirmative action in the modern western world. I support and encourage the second sort of person to band together and give their complaints voice, while at the same time holding the first group in absolute contempt for the ignorance that they preach.

Perhaps that's the case but you'd have to look at the group itself and what it represents before you make that judgement. Usually White Supremacist groups are LOUD AND PROUD about how stupid and bigoted they are.

There's a HUGE distinction between a white supremacist and a white person feeling disenfranchised by affirmative action in the modern western world. I support and encourage the second sort of person to band together and give their complaints voice, while at the same time holding the first group in absolute contempt for the ignorance that they preach.

Anyone banding together into such a group is going to have to be very clear in the distinctions they make. This Liberal candidate, from the apparent anti-Native remarks he made, is not a member of a "white pride" group of the kind you seem to feel is okay, but rather of the standard "white pride" group which is nothing more than a front for white supremacists.

Half of the "Womn's Movement" want control, not equality.

And such a claim, which is a large claim indeed, begs for plenty of citation and a rational analysis. (ie. some feminist claiming, decades ago, that "sex equals rape"--the notion that is normally dredged up to "prove" the iniquity of the Women's movement"--does not apply.)

And such a claim, which is a large claim indeed, begs for plenty of citation and a rational analysis. (ie. some feminist claiming, decades ago, that "sex equals rape"--the notion that is normally dredged up to "prove" the iniquity of the Women's movement"--does not apply.)

Don't hold your breath... :D

Thus far there hasn't been any spin. They've reported it, Iggy's looking into it, not much else to say. I'm assuming, if it all pans out, the guy won't be a candidate much longer.

Does go to show you that you have to vet your candidates carefully.

I suspect this guy will be toast by this time next week...

Probably by the weekend...

I'll stand by my statement. Meet a "white pride" guy, odds are pretty good you've just met a racist.

I assume you're basing your statement on your vast first hand experience of these groups right? I could make a similar blanket statement and say that an Islamic group, or an aboriginal group, is equally racist.

But aside from occasional fringe elements of existing (non-supremacist) groups, can you name any--aside from self-termed "White Supremacists"--who actually were "supremacists"?

Under many different names. Black Panters (marching armed)

First Nation (with rights above all other races)

In Japan with signs "Japanese Gentlemen Only".

Ask Judy Rebick. She'll explain to you why women have automatic RIGHT to house, car, children, and all money in each divorce.