Federal Election Polls

For some reason, they left the Prairies out of the recent poll release graphs. The NDP had been performing well in SK/MB and has a chance to grab another seat in AB.

cracks in the conservative alberta stronghold, apparently 4 seats are in doubt liberals and NDp making inroads...

I feel like we are lacking a variety in election polls that other elections have seen from major firms (Where is Strategic Counsel, Angus Reid's once-every-3-days polling, and Harris Decima?)

Is it just because of the holidays?

So apparently, advance poll numbers were up 34% over 2008. Over 2M people voted; a record.

I hope the trend continues on May 2. It sounds like Canadians are finally getting engaged in an election. Whatever the end results, it's damned good news for democracy if the electorate at large finally gets off its collective ass to make itself heard.

worse logic is assuming a federal ndp government will fail when you have never experienced one...you have nothing to base your belief on but scare tactics...

Scare tactics? I have been following the NDP both federally and provincially for over 40 years! If someone says and does something for that long one would assume you could predict their behavior reasonably accurately!

Give me a break, Mr. Wyly! I have good reason and evidence for my political views, unlike some of the partisan fanatics posting here lately...

Scare tactics? I have been following the NDP both federally and provincially for over 40 years! If someone says and does something for that long one would assume you could predict their behavior reasonably accurately!

Give me a break, Mr. Wyly! I have good reason and evidence for my political views, unlike some of the partisan fanatics posting here lately...

One thing I'm loving about Tories with respect to the NDP:

"If the NDP wins it'll just be like Bob Rae in Ontario!!!!11"

But if you bring up the successful Saskatchewan/BC/Nova Scotia governments..

"The NDP party federally is nothing like the provincial NDP parties."

But if you bring up the successful Saskatchewan/BC/Nova Scotia governments..
BC government was not a success.

Prgamatic NDP governments are not elected out of the blue. The plan to be government and set their policies accordingly. Layton is not prepared to be a government and his policies $70 billion in spending promises reflect this unpreparedness.

Layton will be a disaster as PM. There is no doubt.

Yesterday it was a 6% lead with EKOS.

Today it's only a 5% lead with Angus Reid the most accurate pollster

There are 5 days left - could the NDP chip away 1% per day for the next 5 days and win the election?

Whose vote is more efficient?

Angus Reid:

Con: 35

NDP: 30

Lib: 22

http://twitter.com/#!/RobertFife

Edited by Harry

If the NDP does head the government, it will likely be in a coalition with the LPC, who have plenty of experienced people on their front bench. For all my support of the NDP this time, I do share your concern.

BC government was not a success.

Prgamatic NDP governments are not elected out of the blue. The plan to be government and set their policies accordingly. Layton is not prepared to be a government and his policies $70 billion in spending promises reflect this unpreparedness.

Layton will be a disaster as PM. There is no doubt.

We might get to see. I'm not at all convinced that he would be a disaster.

The people spreading fear are acting as if over half of his cabinet would be freshman MPs from Quebec.

That would not happen, of course. Most of his government would be from existing MPs...and Mulclair, a great MP, would be his successor.

When voters have had enough and want to throw the bums out they go to the polls. I think a lot of Canadians are getting really tired of 'loser' Harper.

Advance poll numbers soar 34% from 2008

Friday, Monday busiest advance poll days ever

http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110426/wpg_turnout_110426/20110426/?hub=WinnipegHome

Edited by Harry