O'Keefe Takes Down Another Liberal Institution

This video is at the centre of a new controversy. This time involving National Public Radio.

So far, not only has the senior VP of NPR Ron Schiller resigned. But the board for NPR News has fired CEO Vivian Schiller. You'll remember Ms. Schiller from her remarks regarding the firing of Juan Williams.

Also, Republicans in Congress have picked up on Ron Schiller's assertion, that NPR doesn't much need its public financing, and in the long run would be better off without it. Soon NPR will be able to test out that theory. :)

Interesting.

A personal opinion of somebody with no involvement in editorial and on air content is enough to paint an entire organization.

Using your superb logic, I guess those white power supremecists who "belong" to the tea party make the tea party a bunch of racists.

Interesting.

A personal opinion of somebody with no involvement in editorial and on air content is enough to paint an entire organization.

Using your superb logic, I guess those white power supremecists who "belong" to the tea party make the tea party a bunch of racists.

The Professor's famous quote from the summer...

"Godspeed Andrew Breitbart!!!"

Interesting.

How do you know they have no involvement in editorial or on air content?

Anyways, I forgot to include this in my original post.

Seems like the fascists are having a big celebration over the further crippling of public broadcasting in the United States. For the record, the defunding of public broadcasting in the U.S. is not only a hit against PBS and NPR (the only radio worth listening to there), it is also going to threaten the survival of small community access broadcasters...so we can see this as nothing more than another naked attempt to stifle non-corporate speech in the US of A.

From what I heard last night about this ugly piece of shit's latest hit piece, NPR rejected the bogus Muslims' bogus contribution, but the comments by the CEO about the tea party clowns got him suspended. And the woman who was supposed to be taking over the job of CEO, has also resigned. So, why would they capitulate when O'Keefe's mission was a fail? My guess is that as public funding has declined, PBS, NPR, PRI etc. are even more dependent on corporate donors than before. The U.S. hasn't had a real public broadcaster since Newt Gingrich tried to cut off all funding 20 years ago. There were likely a few phone calls from reps of big money donors after that story became public, and that's why the leadership has been forced to capitulate.....which NPR had already done in their news coverage a long time ago!

The tumultuous managerial shakeup at National Public Radio headquarters for trivial verbal miscues once again has highlighted the ludicrous corporatist right-wing charge that public radio and public TV are replete with left-leaning or leftist programming.

Ludicrous, that is, unless this criticism’s yardstick is the propaganda regularly exuded by the extreme right-wing Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. These “capitalists” use the public’s airwaves free-of-charge to make big money.

The truth is that the frightened executives at public TV and radio have long been more hospitable to interviews with right of center or extreme right-wing and corporatist talking heads than liberal or progressive guests.

PBS’s Charlie Rose has had war-loving William Kristol on thirty one times, Henry Kissinger fifty five times, Richard Perle ten times, the global corporatist cheerleader, Tom Friedman seventy times. Compare that guest list with Rose’s interviews of widely published left of center guests—Noam Chomsky two times, William Grieder two times, Jim Hightower two times, Charlie Peters two times, Lewis Lapham three times, Bob Herbert six times, Paul Krugman twenty one times, Victor Navasky one time, Mark Green five times and Sy Hersh, once a frequent guest, has not been on since January 2005.

Dr. Sidney Wolfe, the widely-quoted super-accurate drug industry critic, who is often featured on the commercial TV network shows, has never been on Rose’s show. Nor has the long-time head of Citizens for Tax Justice and widely respected progressive tax analyst, Robert McIntyre.

Far more corporate executives, not known for their leftist inclinations, appear on Rose’s show than do leaders of environmental, consumer, labor and poverty organizations.

In case you are wondering, I’ve appeared four times, but not since August 2005, and not once on the hostile Terri Gross radio show.

The unabashed progressive Bill Moyer’s Show is off the air and has not been replaced. No one can charge PBS’s News Hour with Jim Lehrer with anything other than very straightforward news delivery, bland opinion exchanges and a troubling inclination to avoid much reporting that upsets the power structures in Congress, the White House, the Pentagon or Wall Street.

The longest running show on PBS was hard-line conservative William F. Buckley’s show—Firing Line—which came on the air in 1966 and ended in 1999.

Sponsorship by large corporations, such as Coca Cola and AT&T, have abounded—a largesse not likely to be continued year after year for a leftist media organization.

None of this deters the Far Right that presently got a majority in the House of Representatives to defund the $422 million annual appropriation to the umbrella entity—Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). About 15% of all revenues for all public broadcasting stations comes from this Congressional contribution.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/03/15-3

What is this? Shady falling for lies and edited tapes again? Propaganda is back with style and Shady loves it. Those of us who like the truth however are out of luck.

Complete nonsense. The full 2 hr unedited video was released immediately. That's why these people resigned and/or were terminated. There's no excuse this time.

Complete nonsense. The full 2 hr unedited video was released immediately. That's why these people resigned and/or were terminated. There's no excuse this time.

Nope...these two clowns were dropped faster than a poopy diaper. It couldn't happen at a better time, because Congress is going to give their budget a severe haircut....long overdue.

Not even Glenn Beck believes you Shady. Here is the analysis from the blaze a Glenn Beck sponsored news site. It doesn't get more right wing then that guess what they say? They say you fell for some more right wing propaganda because of how much you want to believe what they say is true, instead of using your brain.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/does-raw-video-of-npr-expose-reveal-questionable-editing-tactics/

The "truth" is way overrated...the USA ain't Canada with state owned media (CBC/CBC Radio) for government propaganda.

Actually, the private media gave you plenty of government propaganda--outright, Soviet-style--in the run-up to the Iraq War.

The "independent analysts"--mostly deceitful, retired military fuckheads--who were given their talking points by the little civilian aristocrats, and then presented it to a credulous "private" media system.

It worked great...on you! You completely bought into it!

Lol! You can't make this stuff up!

Just the way I like it...PRIVATE MEDIA...thank you for confirming the obvious, a useful skill somewhere I'm sure.

Corporate owned and controlled media, who control the information that is let out to the people. These same people essentially control the government. I think someone on this board called it fascism. I tend to agree. And yes to a degree (because you never miss a hit on Canada) is that our own CBC is a corporate/government entity, so yeah, fascism.

:)

You're just pissed at being lied into a war with the help of military "heroes," behaving as Commissars.

Why would I be "pissed"? I have no problem with effective pretexts for wars in the exercise of American power. As a matter of fact, I would prefer that the DoD revert to its previous designation as "Department of War".

Why would I be "pissed"? I have no problem with effective pretexts for wars in the exercise of American power. As a matter of fact, I would prefer that the DoD revert to its previous designation as "Department of War".

You're not following along. We're speaking about explicitly deceptive propaganda--Soviet-style, in this case, and directly opposed to principles of accountability, representation, and freedom itself. You fell for it, no doubt because the oily little liars were Generals. Some of us were not so credulous.

You're not following along. We're speaking about explicitly deceptive propaganda--Soviet-style, in this case, and directly opposed to principles of accountability, representation, and freedom itself. You fell for it, no doubt because the oily little liars were Generals. Some of us were not so credulous.

Nonsense....anybody who has trained with NBC gear knew that the fix was in. The Americans and British decided that Saddam would be voted off the island. The sales job worked, just as designed.

Your phoney baloney morality play was/is irrelevant. In the case of Iraq, might makes right. Don't like that? Tough titty....

Nonsense....anybody who has trained with NBC gear knew that the fix was in. The Americans and British decided that Saddam would be voted off the island. The sales job worked, just as designed.

Your phoney baloney morality play was/is irrelevant. In the case of Iraq, might makes right. Don't like that? Tough titty....

It's you who doesn't like any of it--particularly being deceived by elected "representatives" through the channel of pathetic old Generals. And so in the usual formulation you dress up your patriotic little tantrums with mockery.

Your tireless sanctimony makes real men laugh. Next you'll resort--again--to cribbing the "babykillers" speech from First Blood, pretending it happened to you, brave military man victimized by mean old lefties!

LOL! You can't make this stuff up! Oh wait....you did. :)

It's you who doesn't like any of it--particularly being deceived by elected "representatives" through the channel of pathetic old Generals. And so in the usual formulation you dress up your patriotic little tantrums with mockery.

But I like generals and admirals...old and new. They don't make policy...they implement policy.

Your tireless sanctimony makes real men laugh. Next you'll resort--again--to cribbing the "babykillers" speech from First Blood, pretending it happened to you, brave military man victimized by mean old lefties!

I have never seen First Blood...my version of the quote quote was from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Try and get your monkey see American media story straight.

We have already reviewed your sexual insecurities.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

But I like generals and admirals...old and new. They don't make policy...they implement policy.

Yes, you adore power. All sycophants and Commissars do. Maybe you could go the extra length and tell us something about yourself that we don't know.

I have never seen First Blood...my version of the quote quote was from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Try and get your monkey see American media story straight.

At least you admit that your politicized little stories are pure fiction. That's a start.

We have already reviewed your sexual insecurities.

I don't have sexual insecurities...but you sure are interested in the topic! LOL!

Speaking of sexual insecurities...you sure got this thing about "tits...in a wringer." To each his own, but that's gross, sport.

Support the Troops!

Edited by bloodyminded

Yes, you adore power. All sycophants and Commissars do. Maybe you could go the extra length and tell us something about yourself that we don't know.

Power is good....living without a country or identity...not so much.

At least you admit that your politicized little stories are pure fiction. That's a start.

Doesn't matter...I know that you still suck on American media like it was yo mammy's breast!

I don't have sexual insecurities...but you sure are interested in the topic! LOL!

Here it comes...wait for it...wait...NOW! Pantywaists! LOL!

Speaking of sexual insecurities...you sure got this thing about "tits...in a wringer." To each his own, but that's gross, sport.

See above...I am only trying to make you more comfortable.

Support the Troops!

Always have...always will. You can spit on yours if you like...it's a Charter Right.

Power is good....living without a country or identity...not so much.

Your identity is solely dependent on patriotism?

Lol! You can't make this stuff up!

Doesn't matter...I know that you still suck on American media like it was yo mammy's breast!

You're stuck on the topic of Canada like it was yo General's testicles!

Here it comes...wait for it...wait...NOW! Pantywaists! LOL!

Don't get your tits in a wringer! LOL!

See above...I am only trying to make you more comfortable.

No, that's the stated opposite of your objective, all along. Your continual lies have confused you even to your own opinions, which is the weakness of liars.

Always have...always will. You can spit on yours if you like...it's a Charter Right.

:)

Ah, "spitting on the troops"!

A little political correctness, there, kid?

Get back to me when you throw more cute tantrums. I find it funny to watch you get huffy and sanctimonious! LOL!

Edited by bloodyminded