Next Conservative Leader

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot stand Haper and would love to have a new Conservative Party leader so I could vote for them, who would you like to see as their next leader? I gave lots of options.

Of that list...

I'd say Jim Prentice as I think he's the most pragamtic of the bunch..

The rest??

I would'nt trust them to make ice cubes without a recipe....

Of that list...

I'd say Jim Prentice as I think he's the most pragamtic of the bunch..

The rest??

I would'nt trust them to make ice cubes without a recipe....

I always liked Prentice but I doubt he'll run for the leadership and I don't think he'd be able to win. I really like James Moore as well as a lot of others I listed.

I always liked Prentice but I doubt he'll run for the leadership and I don't think he'd be able to win. I really like James Moore as well as a lot of others I listed.

You're right about Prentice...

Moore is a blowhard...

And the rest...

As I said,probably could'nt make ice cubes without a recipe...

I should'nt say that because Bernard Lord might be passable....

Edited by Jack Weber

I cannot stand Haper and would love to have a new Conservative Party leader so I could vote for them, who would you like to see as their next leader? I gave lots of options.

Why, isn't one term enough to last a lifetime?

Its like every 15 years Canada has a giant brain fart.

Nothing against the people listed but contiuation of the party is bad. I was actually very pro reform and liked the "Jean Charest" image (and policy points). But this government has thoroughly turn me off the party. The rampant debt spending -- I'm an exterme fiscal conservative. I'm very pro justice, and electoral reform - however maybe not justice the way the parties are - I just want an optional death penalty to any sentence (on the option of the person being sentenced with some safegaurds), leaving prison as a last resort to people who don't enter good behaviour work camps.

Bottom line is - they've ruined themselves as far as I'm concerned - they don't show respect for "Canadians" they are completely ignorant, and rude in how they go about governing as a minority. Unlawful and outright criminal acts.

Jean Charest is the best option though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Charest

Edited by William Ashley

Why, isn't one term enough to last a lifetime?

Its like every 15 years Canada has a giant brain fart.

Nothing against the people listed but contiuation of the party is bad. I was actually very pro reform and like the "Jean Charest" image. But this government has throughly turn me off the party. The rampant debt spending -- I'm an exterme fiscal conservative. I'm very pro justice, and electoral reform - however maybe not justice the way the parties are - I just want an optional death penalty to any sentence (on the option of the person being sentenced with some safegaurds), leaving prison as a last resort to people who don't enter good behaviour work camps.

Bottom line is - they've ruined themselves as far as I'm concerned - they don't show respect for "Canadians" they are completely ignorant, and rude in how they go about governing as a minority. Unlawful and outright criminal acts.

Jean Charest is the best option though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Charest

They show more respect then the past liberal leaders, except maybe martin. PET was the worse of them all for disrepecting everybody, giving canadians the finger , making a ass out of himself with the queen, and lied thru his teeth about saying he would not raise gas prices in the battle with joe clark. Any ways it does not matter , goverments have a job to do and kissing your ass is not one of them.

They show more respect then the past liberal leaders, except maybe martin. PET was the worse of them all for disrepecting everybody, giving canadians the finger , making a ass out of himself with the queen, and lied thru his teeth about saying he would not raise gas prices in the battle with joe clark. Any ways it does not matter , goverments have a job to do and kissing your ass is not one of them.

I was too young to know PET. The only lasting remenant of his government is severing ties with Britain and removing British Subject Status from the vocabulary of Canadian Law.

I'm actually someone in strong support of a commonwealth and good monarchy. (when founded on the basis of ancient rites such as redress and reciprocated duty.)

I think the charter was good, but unforuntately I think it tried to do too much as a consolidated occurence.

I really don't see too much bad with what he is noted for. I'm sure you must be right to some degree though.

You are blaming the global oil energy crisis of the 1970's on P.E.T.?

Come now you must be insane?

It is ludicrist and preposterous.

He actually protected Canada by creating petrocanada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970s_energy_crisis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PetroCanada

In 1973, world oil prices quadrupled due to the Arab oil embargo following the Yom Kippur War. The province of Alberta had substantial oil reserves, whose extraction had long been controlled by American corporations. The government of Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau and the opposition New Democratic Party felt that these corporations geared most of their production to the American market, and as a result little of the benefit of rising oil prices went to Canadians. This view was not widely shared in the oil-producing province of Alberta

Petrocan established gasoline refineries in Canada.. something Canada still doesn't have enough of to meet local demand. Once refineries are built gas costs can go down.

Having direct access to oil and gasoline pricing is a benfit for the public.. especially if oil hits $200 a barrel (doubted) but you never know. A $75 barrel of oil and a homebrewed refinery to sell gas under the global price is something that could save deadlock in Canada. You just don't seem to understand that sometimes national control of strategic assets is good not anticapitalist. It is a protection like the military.. economic safegaurds are just as important as violent safegaurds.

There are times when a government has to step in to prevent damage by "the market" failure to do so just costs more money in the long run.

x gets y ...

it is the overall effect not the direct occurence... think about it in more detail.

If you want to complain about the price of gas.. complaln at the people pricing it.. if PET didn't make petrocan you gas (and it is) would only be coming from the US. If the oil crisis escalated Canada would be left dry. Once again this situation may present itself. as gas prices reach 120 and above... even in southern ontario... (oddly the price up north isn't going up.??? normally it is huge bigger but it can't seem to go above 130 up there.

Bottom line is.. it is American priced gas and always has been.. direct your anger in the right direction, not the person trying to save you from it.

Edited by William Ashley

I was too young to know PET.

I loved PET for very selfish reasons. I was about 22 when he became PM and worked in the federal public service at the bottom of the totem pole. He granted me and my colleagues consecutive annual wage increases of 10%, 12% and 12.5%, additional holidays and other perks. In those days, public servants were a very happy bunch.

I can easily see how people who love Harper will equally love Kenney. From my perspective, Kenney is one of the most compelling reasons why the entire list is about as appealing as a Klingon lunch. Birds of a feather and all.

(This is a flock of turkeys.)

Edited by Molly

I can easily see how people who love Harper will equally love Kenney. From my perspective, Kenney is one of the most compelling reasons why the entire list is about as appealing as a Klingon lunch. Birds of a feather and all.

Turkeys? You're too kind, Molly!

However, this whole thread is really just emotional venting. So some folks don't like Harper and/or his party. What else is new? <yawn>

The fact is that Harper IS the PM! What's more, the Liberals AREN'T and won't be after the next election either!

The biggest factor that saves Stephan's ass is Ignatieff! As I've said before, some polls asking who makes the best PM not only have Ignatieff score dead last, he gets beaten out by "None of the Above"!

Add in the fact that Layton is a pseudo-intellectual, arrogant flake and we are faced with the sad, simple truth:

WE HAVE NO DECENT LEADERS, FROM ANY PARTY!

IMO, anyone who can't see that is a blind, partisan hack!

Now, perhaps in another post I'll tell you what I REALLY think! :lol:

That post offers no real value or information. Aside from the obvious ideological disagreement you would have with any Conservative, would you care to expand upon why you don't like Kenney?

That post offers no real value or information. Aside from the obvious ideological disagreement you would have with any Conservative, would you care to expand upon why you don't like Kenney?

Well, I figure he, more than any other (possibly even including Mr. Harper) sets the tone. He very much is a leader.

Soooo... here's a top 10:

http://www.pacificfreepress.com/news/1/5054-qlittleq-jason-kenney-comes-to-vancouver.html

but this one, more particularly, provides some insight into his character, and where he would choose to take us:

http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2010/03/05/chris-selley-jason-kenney-s-sideshows.aspx

Edited by Molly

Well, I figure he, more than any other (possibly even including Mr. Harper) sets the tone. He very much is a leader.

Soooo... here's a top 10:

http://www.pacificfreepress.com/news/1/5054-qlittleq-jason-kenney-comes-to-vancouver.html

but this one, more particularly, provides some insight into his character, and where he would choose to take us:

http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2010/03/05/chris-selley-jason-kenney-s-sideshows.aspx

And here is who wrote that article

No One Is Illegal - Vancouver

Great source that one.

Turkeys? You're too kind, Molly!

However, this whole thread is really just emotional venting. So some folks don't like Harper and/or his party. What else is new? <yawn>

The fact is that Harper IS the PM! What's more, the Liberals AREN'T and won't be after the next election either!

The biggest factor that saves Stephan's ass is Ignatieff! As I've said before, some polls asking who makes the best PM not only have Ignatieff score dead last, he gets beaten out by "None of the Above"!

Add in the fact that Layton is a pseudo-intellectual, arrogant flake and we are faced with the sad, simple truth:

WE HAVE NO DECENT LEADERS, FROM ANY PARTY!

IMO, anyone who can't see that is a blind, partisan hack!

Now, perhaps in another post I'll tell you what I REALLY think! :lol:

I no longer recognize Harper as PM. HARPER LEAVE!

CANADA DOESN'T NEED DICTATORS!

To me he is just some A-hole ruining Canada.

Edited by William Ashley