Enough is Enough with 911

It just feels as though whenever ratings dip, they gotta bring back 9-11.

Nothing new was revealed today. Just bits of tape.

And they tell us what we already know about the time line.

Is anybody else here sick of the media doing this to us?

yea I personally am getting sick of it...especially considering I do watch CNN every now and then. I mean is there ever such a thing as being over informed? Plus it's not like anything to new is really coming out, sure there are tidbits of info coming out, but every time a new tidbit comes out, the media belives it must re-cap what they have been telling us since september 11th.

its the "perpetual war" thing. lets face it, the united states military industrial complex needs a war all the time in order to make money...

Wow. Talk about being behind the times. It's not the sixties any more, y'know. To suggest the 911 hearings are about making money for the military industrial complex is truly bizarre.

It just feels as though whenever ratings dip, they gotta bring back 9-11.

Nothing new was revealed today. Just bits of tape.

The 911 hearings are in place to explain to Americans why and how 911 happens. They're not there to please anti-American foreigners looking for entertainment.

Go and watch the Simpsons if you're not interested.

I think you really had to be in the USA to really understand what it was like on 911.

I was in Washington it took me 21 days to get back to Canada.

My days spent there were helping others . I worked from a church helping people who were in shock.

I have worked with cancer patients and their families.

Which is not an easy job.

I will never forget.

I don't think we should forget. Canadians died there also.

I don't think its last time they will attack.

Canada has troops in afganistan .

Do you have to be reminded Canada is not so innocent we sold reactors to countries who would use them for other reasons besides power. What about the big gun ? In Iraq.

The British never remember it, the Irish never forget it, the Russians never make it, and the Americans never learn from it.

- Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

It's my opinion that enough is enough.

We don't have live through it over and over again.

It's just like, any excuse, any tiniest bit of information:

and they do a 15 minute story on it.

It's not good journalism.

There ARE more important developments in the world.

And the whole 'don't like it, don't watch' thing doesn't apply. Especially when the CBC does the same thing.

The BBC only spent 3 minutes, which was good.

But still.

Enough is enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Odd. I think it is the opposite. It seems like the liberal media doesn't bring up 9/11 enough. I know they have censored any pics of the people who were suffering that day and jumping to their deaths. I suspect the media censors it because the American public might get angered enough to want to crush these insane Islamofascists who want to destroy Western civilization. The liberal media doesn't want that, because they don't want the public to support Bush.

A good example is Abu Ghraib. They showed those pics over and over for weeks on end, but when Nick Berg was beheaded, it got about 2 days of coverage. In the media's mind, having panties put on a terrorist's head and having a woman put a leash and collar on them is worse than a innocent civilian being beheaded. :angry:

Besides, there are guys out there who pay for women to do that to them. :D

Posted on Jul 7 2004, 01:34 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Odd. I think it is the opposite. It seems like the liberal media doesn't bring up 9/11 enough. I know they have censored any pics of the people who were suffering that day and jumping to their deaths. I suspect the media censors it because the American public might get angered enough to want to crush these insane Islamofascists who want to destroy Western civilization. The liberal media doesn't want that, because they don't want the public to support Bush.

Or perhaps they censor it because showing people jumping to their deaths is in incredibly bad taste? Take off the tin foil hat.

A good example is Abu Ghraib. They showed those pics over and over for weeks on end, but when Nick Berg was beheaded, it got about 2 days of coverage. In the media's mind, having panties put on a terrorist's head and having a woman put a leash and collar on them is worse than a innocent civilian being beheaded.

I don't know how long it's going to take for the morons of the right to grasp the fact that the abuses at Abu Ghraib were far worse and far more pervasive than the photos that were released would indicate (and even those were appalling).

Appalling? for someone who doesn't seem to like hyperbole you sure use it quite a bit to get your points across. You find a pictures of a few naked terrorists appalling yet don't mention a word about US soldiers being dragged around the streets and burned alive. Typical leftist.

Or perhaps they censor it because showing people jumping to their deaths is in incredibly bad taste? Take off the tin foil hat.

But, of course, showing civilians being burned to a crisp, being stomped on, and their burnt bodies hung from a bridge is not in bad taste. A leftist telling someone else to take off the tinfoil hat. Funny that!

I don't know how long it's going to take for the morons of the right to grasp the fact that the abuses at Abu Ghraib were far worse and far more pervasive than the photos that were released would indicate (and even those were appalling).

And I don't know how long it is going to take the morons on the left to understand that Saddam was a bad man.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eureka

I suggest that we should hear much more about the WTC affair and the fallout. Only then will the American public understand how it is constantly duped by its leaders and media into supporting illegal and immoral actions.

I am more than a little bored by the whole thing, but, then, it is likely that is because I live in a society where the truth has been made available from the beginning.

It was not until a couple of weeks ago that the majority of Americans became aware that Iraq was not behind the WTC attack. According to all the polls right up to that date, most Americans thought that the WTC affair was the reason for the attack on Iraq. Still, only 52% now know different.

Many more Americans must yet be exposed to the truth