Would JFK Be A Republican Today?

If I had wanted to be I would be... I had that option, several times in FACT and at various stages of my life... I didn't, don't and never will...

Yea...that's what they all say. And I'll bet Grandma worked for Betsy Ross too.

But that doesn't mean that there aren't a whole lot of very nice Americans I call friend from having spent some considerable amount of TIME in your great country... Hey, who knows, maybe YOU could become one too... Or are you just another "smart" Canadian wannabe! :D

Sure...that's why I'm here..to meet all the "nice" Canadians who hate my government!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea...that's what they all say. And I'll bet Grandma worked for Betsy Ross too.

Wouldn't know about that... I can only speak for myself... Nope, my Ommi died before I was born, but she was never in the United States...

Sure...that's why I'm here..to meet all the "nice" Canadians who hate my government!

I know exactly why you're here since it's much the same reason I'm here... :D

Actually, at least going in, I thought Obama was a rather refreshing change from your OLD, now defunct, has been Government, but I'll admit he's turned out to be a little weak kneed for my liking...

Having said that any Government is not necessarily a complete reflection of that country or it's people... I therefore not only do I not "Hate" (hate is a very wasteful emmotion so I do not hate anything) your country but rather that I am quite fond of it as well as about 50% of it's people...

Wouldn't know about that... I can only speak for myself... Nope, my Ommi died before I was born, but she was never in the United States...

OK...but I never think about such possibilities. Now I understand there are distinct Canuck tax advantages to going Yankee, but possibly becoming a Canadian citizen is not something that ever crosses my mind. Not even to win an argument! ;)

Actually, at least going in, I thought Obama was a rather refreshing change from your OLD, now defunct, has been Government, but I'll admit he's turned out to be a little weak kneed for my liking...

President Obama is different from candidate Obama....he has to be...the job is really hard. As long as he keeps bombing people when necessary everything will be fine. :)

Having said that any Government is not necessarily a complete reflection of that country or it's people... I therefore not only do I not "Hate" (hate is a very wasteful emmotion so I do not hate anything) your country but rather that I am quite fond of it as well as about 50% of it's people...

Well hell...we already know that...you live the same way we do....sucking down as much American media as possible while complaining about higher internet charges. LOL!

OK...but I never think about such possibilities. Now I understand there are distinct Canuck tax advantages to going Yankee, but possibly becoming a Canadian citizen is not something that ever crosses my mind. Not even to win an argument! ;)

Be glad you have a mind... Not a credit I could or would attribute to the Faux News watching masses that permeat a significant number of your population and have therefore become mindless... :D

President Obama is different from candidate Obama....he has to be...the job is really hard. As long as he keeps bombing people when necessary everything will be fine. :)

True and true...

My problem with Obama is that he hasn't "bombed" the Republicans into submission rather than "appeasing" them (which I think is what Americans wanted and expected and what the Republicants KNOW and Dems don't)...

ONE thing I do know about Americans er United Statesers is that no form of "appeasement" EVER works (US viewpoint) (I'm sure Bush and Co. would agree)... Americans (there I've said it :) ) simply don't understand the concept... And "bipartizanship" by the Gov in power is simply trying to "appease" the opposition and is seen as a weakness, not a good thing, by the vast majority of the population...

Well hell...we already know that...you live the same way we do....sucking down as much American media as possible while complaining about higher internet charges. LOL!

I happen to LIKE (some of) what the CBC has to offer and PREFER (except when they repeat the same thing over and over) the CBC and CTV NEWSchannels... :P

FREE internet is high?

Be glad you have a mind... Not a credit I could or would attribute to the Faux News watching masses that permeat a significant number of your population and have therefore become mindless... :D

That's OK with me...those mindless masses have slowly but surely become the global hegemon. And millions more try to join the club by swimming, walking, flying, and dying to get in.

My problem with Obama is that he hasn't "bombed" the Republicans into submission rather than "appeasing" them (which I think is what Americans wanted and expected and what the Republicants KNOW and Dems don't)...

Obama is the American President...not Democratic President. He has largely continued the policies of George Bush because that's what the current governance circumstances require.

ONE thing I do know about Americans er United Statesers is that no form of "appeasement" EVER works (US viewpoint) (I'm sure Bush and Co. would agree)... Americans (there I've said it :) ) simply don't understand the concept... And "bipartizanship" by the Gov in power is simply trying to "appease" the opposition and is seen as a weakness, not a good thing, by the vast majority of the population...

Correct....it's called "blood sport" for a reason. That's why so many Canadians watch the political show / train wreck south of the border. In comparison, Canadian politics is boring with a capital "B".

That's OK with me...those mindless masses have slowly but surely become the global hegemon. And millions more try to join the club by swimming, walking, flying, and dying to get in.

Obama is the American President...not Democratic President. He has largely continued the policies of George Bush because that's what the current governance circumstances require.

Correct....it's called "blood sport" for a reason. That's why so many Canadians watch the political show / train wreck south of the border. In comparison, Canadian politics is boring with a capital "B".

Tell that to Obama please, no wait, don't, you're on the WRONG side, you like him just the way he is... :P

Yeah, it has gotten a bit boring AND stupid up here when it comes to politics... We NEED another TRUDEAU (no worries he's only a few years away)!!!

On the other hand I'm not sure Canadians want a "blood sport" in anything other than their Hockey although the UFC is quite popular up here...

I doubt very much that JFK would be a Democrat today. I think he'd definitely be a Republican. Probably a moderate old-style Republican.

Judge for yourselves.

So JFK would be a Republican because he put in a tax cut ?

Very weak.

JFK had a wonderful way of "talking the talk" of fiscal and foreign policy conservatism, and not walking the walk. He knew he was the President of a rather conservative country, so the rhetoric had to match what Midwesterners and Southerners would be comfortable with. He knew that electorally he had the Northeast locked up, and that certain of the Western states and California were out of reach (given the origin of his opponents). He thus had to appear conservative enough to pick up the Midwest and Deep South.

Thus his rhetoric was to "pay any price, and bear any burden" to oppose communism. Ditto with the tax cut. The fact is he used no political capital to actually get much legislation passed.

With regard to legislation appealing to progressive elements, such as civil rights, he was similarly soaring in rhetoric but bereft of accomplishmens.

The Kennedy family is known for being Democrats. I can't see JFK suddenly changing. <_<

And posthumously at that.

But we already know you know nothing about Canada.
I'm more concerned about the viability of seals on Manitoba's southern and western borders. The ones in the northeast corner seem to be doing O.K.

On the one hand...Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

...and on the other...Peace, Order, Good Government, and American TV! :)

Best of both worlds?!?!

6 (missed on Good Government on both sides of our border) out of 7 works for me... :D

What score did you get?

Edited by GWiz

Best of both worlds?!?!

Yep...many Canadians want all the advantages of the USA without any of the disadvantages.

6 (missed on Good Government on both sides of our border) out of 7 works for me... :D

What score did you get?

I only need one...Liberty. Everything else will take care of itself.