Conservatives for , False and Misleading news

madmax

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was the large award for Dr. Leenan just because of a CBC opinion? An editorial?

Here.... let me assist you. Check here ---> The NEWS department

Any broadcaster/media outlet can say whatever they want (and be held liable for it) on their entertainment shows, not so much the news, which of course is what this entire thread is about.

Here.... let me assist you. Check here ---> The NEWS department

Any broadcaster/media outlet can say whatever they want (and be held liable for it) on their entertainment shows, not so much the news, which of course is what this entire thread is about.

Nice dodge...but you still lose. This story became news in a big way, and the CBC appealed their lies all the way to the Supreme Court...and lost again.

Another false news story from the CBC:

Media watchdog groups have criticized Canada's CBC for wrongly implying that Israel's policy vis-a-vis Gaza has led to unusually high infant mortality. In a June 1 report, CBC correspondent Peter Mansbridge spoke of the closure of Israel's Gaza borders and stated that Gaza currently has “an infant mortality rate among the highest in the world.”

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/news.aspx/138134

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Nice dodge...but you still lose. This story became news in a big way, and the CBC appealed their lies all the way to the Supreme Court...and lost again.

Another false news story from the CBC:

Media watchdog groups have criticized Canada's CBC for wrongly implying that Israel's policy vis-a-vis Gaza has led to unusually high infant mortality. In a June 1 report, CBC correspondent Peter Mansbridge spoke of the closure of Israel's Gaza borders and stated that Gaza currently has “an infant mortality rate among the highest in the world.”

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/news.aspx/138134

So you admit it wasn't "news" to begin with, but rather an entertainment show. Thank you.

Nope..it was news allright, same as the false Gaza story. I don't know why you are protecting the CBC, but screw-ups happen. Nothing special about the CBC...they're human, no?

I'm not protecting the CBC at all, I'm just proving (yes, I am.) that they do not broadcast false or misleading news. That the Booster Club here that support changes to the rules governing truth in broadcasting news so that they can legitimize their propoganda via SunTV is really sad, and to denigrate the CBC untruthfully is wrong.

I have yet to see any proof that the CBC has ever done anything like they are being accused of. Sadly, the dimmer of our members buy in to this belief wholeheartedly and continue it's spread.

So I will ask again, can somebody provide some proof that the CBC broadcasts false or misleading news?

Please learn how to argue. If you make a claim, it is up to YOU to back it up, not for us to. Otherwise we just get lots of posts like yours, saying something silly with no facts to back your argument.

Please learn how to argue. If you make a claim, it is up to YOU to back it up, not for us to. Otherwise we just get lots of posts like yours, saying something silly with no facts to back your argument.

I'm not protecting the CBC at all, I'm just proving (yes, I am.) that they do not broadcast false or misleading news.

How are you proving that?

Is FOX lying in the news?

Sadly, the dimmer of our members buy in to this belief wholeheartedly and continue it's spread.

True, those who disagree with you are dimmer.

And you are brighter.

Edited by Saipan

This has already been provided, but for an obvious political and ideological reason you refuse to accept the fact that it has happened. Oh well....

No, it hasn't. You pointed towards a case where an investigative documentary show was investigated and fined for libel. You also pointed towards a group that took umbrage with something Mansbridge said, yet no final outcome.

Please point me towards a decision that found that the CBC broadcast false or misleading news.

No, it hasn't. You pointed towards a case where an investigative documentary show was investigated and fined for libel. You also pointed towards a group that took umbrage with something Mansbridge said, yet no final outcome.

Please point me towards a decision that found that the CBC broadcast false or misleading news.

Now you are changing your story...saying there is no finding of illegal activity. You keep moving the goal posts, for obvious reasons. No matter, as the CBC has obviously done so with or without a "conviction".

Sometimes the media just reports what is being said which sometimes turns out being misleading. Case in point, Baird said that the Liberals were going to raise taxes 6 Bil. What the truth is, the Tories want to lower corporate taxes another 6 Billion, which they can't afford, and the Liberals have said if the Tories did lower them, then they would put them back to 18% from 16% and give the money to Canadians through other programs.

Now you are changing your story...saying there is no finding of illegal activity. You keep moving the goal posts, for obvious reasons. No matter, as the CBC has obviously done so with or without a "conviction".

Actually I haven't. Statements have been made accusing the CBC of broadcasting false or misleading news, No one, including yourself, has been able to point to them doing this. The goal posts are firmly planted.

...These are all from the "News" programs, not the O'Reillys or Becks etc.. If I included those "entertainment" shows I would be posting links to misleading or false broadcasting ad nauseum.

Fox News USA is not subject to any silly assed "false or misleading news" laws. Even Zundel beat that reeediculous rap.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

These are all from the "News" programs, not the O'Reillys or Becks etc.. If I included those "entertainment" shows I would be posting links to misleading or false broadcasting ad nauseum.

Check the first one and I see wrong footage on news. Gee, happen more than weekly on CBC.

Then we have loooong clip of Ignatieff speaking with short "reply" of Harper, video OK but sound is CBC anchor "translating" what was Harper saying. NO CBC lie. Just the usual SPIN.

(maybe)

Edited by Saipan