Conservatives for , False and Misleading news

madmax

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong...I have traveled to Cuba...Guantanamo Naval Base! And I didn't have to pay like you.

LOL....

Enjoy ... We can travel the entire Country, but... not the US leased Naval Base.

Fact is Americans Cannot travel to Cuba with the same Freedom as Canadians. You are not as free as your speech lol.

Fact is....many Americans do travel to Cuba...your information is very dated. I am free to find an obvious example of CBC libel and defamation.

LMAO!!! Try again....

Although the government of Cuba permits U.S. citizens to visit, the U.S. itself restricts its citizens from travelling there, except with a license issued by the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control [1]. The specific restriction is against spending money in Cuba, however U.S. authorities consider any visit of more than one day to be prima facie proof that one has spent money there
Try calling Cuba Travel Services, with offices in Miami, Los Angeles and Puerto Rico, for additional information. They operate direct flights between the United States and Cuba and can assist licensed travelers with all their travel accommodations. 1 800 963 2822.

All US Citizens need to have a license even if they go through a third country.

Licenses allowing persons from the U.S. to spend money in Cuba are granted to certain classes of people for particular purposes.

A specific license requires paperwork and State Department approval on case-by-case basis. You may be approved for a specific license if you fall into a certain class of persons. Note that a specific license may be granted to an institution (i.e. university, church) under whose auspices an individual may then travel without applying separately to the State department, or a specific license may be applied for and granted to an individual. Some of the classes of persons who may be granted a specific license are:

Persons visiting immediate family in Cuba

Full-time graduate students conducting academic research to be counted toward a graduate degree

Undergraduate or graduate students participating in a study abroad program of at least 10 weeks in length

Professors/teachers employed at a US institution travelling to Cuba to teach

Persons engaging in religious activities

Freelance journalists

Persons engaging in humanitarian projects

Persons engaging in non-profit cultural exhibitions

Without a license

Many U.S. citizens instead travel without a license, doing so by way of other countries (many of which have routine flights to and from Cuba) to escape detection. Such countries include the Bahamas, Canada and Mexico. The Bahamas and Canada U.S. Customs Pre-Clearance facilities at many of their airports.

[edit] Via the Bahamas

From Nassau, Cubana [3] offers flights to Havana daily, except on Saturdays. Bahamasair offers flights on Thursday and Sunday. This is the cheapest and quickest route flying direct to Havana, especially for those living in the South Florida area.

[edit] Via Canada

A common practice for U.S. citizens traveling to Cuba via Canada is a two-leg flight: a flight booking for a flight to (and from) Canada and then a separate booking for the flight to (and from) Cuba. The two legs must be booked separately, as airlines such as Air Canada prohibit the booking of U.S. origin passengers to Cuba. Alternately, one could drive or be driven across the border and dropped off in a Canadian city, and proceed to depart from there. This is more easily done for people near Detroit or New York, as non-stop flights to Havana depart from either Montreal or Toronto.

Segway to

http://www.usacubatravel.com/

Its beaches are the best in the Caribbean, its culture is unique in Latin America, and its history is fascinating. All this, and an exceptionally warm welcome from the Cuban people, make the island so attractive to millions of tourists from around the world.

Canada offers you the easiest and safest way to reach Cuba!

And then this lol

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1097.html#entry_requirements

Cuban Americans routinely travel to Cuba.....even more now that President Obama has lossened restrictions.

Come Bush Cheney...give it up... Americans do not "Routelinely" travel to Cuba. Americans would like to Travel to Cuba.

I posted those " LOOSENED RESTRICTIONS" from JAN 2011

Here they are again.

The rules will be modified to, among other things:

Allow religious organisations to sponsor religious travel to Cuba under a general licence

Allow accredited institutions of higher education to sponsor travel to Cuba

Allow any US person to send remittances (up to $500 per quarter) to non-family members in Cuba to support private economic activity

Allow remittances to be sent to religious institutions in Cuba in support of religious activities

And here is Obamas context

"In a statement, President Obama said the changes were aimed at developing "people-to-people" contacts through more academic, cultural and religious exchanges."

Come Bush Cheney...give it up... Americans do not "Routelinely" travel to Cuba. Americans would like to Travel to Cuba.

No...you are insulting thousands of Americans who emigrated from Cuba, often under very harsh circumstances. Are they not Americans? You should be ashamed of yourself.

No...you are insulting thousands of Americans who emigrated from Cuba, often under very harsh circumstances. Are they not Americans? You should be ashamed of yourself.

I am insulting no one and so stop running for false cover.

"are u insulting Americans that didn't emigrate from Cuba."

Your Getting Absurd with where your arguments is going.

Its only because you don't have a leg to stand on.

I recognise that because of a 50 year feud you don't have the same freedom and access to Cuba as other Countries. While there are minor changes for Cultural/Religious exchanges, American Freedom to travel to Cuba is heavily restricted and prohibited.

Not only are you wrong, you have insulted their citizenship and right to so travel. The fact is, Americans can and do travel to Cuba. I don't know why you insist on stating otherwise. Perhaps you work for the CBC?

Pure nonsense... to the point of you being completely exasperating.

You haven't shown one piece of evidence to support your statements. I have provided all mine from American Sources including the American Government which provides the "licenses" to those for travel purposes.

To Suggest that Americans can travel as freely and without the restrictions as Canadians with regards to going to Cuba is completely absurd.

At this point, I figure you are just toying with me to get my goat because there is no "reason, rational or evidence" in your responses.

To Suggest that Americans can travel as freely and without the restrictions as Canadians with regards to going to Cuba is completely absurd.

I see Americans travel everywhere. Canadians, not so much. I've seen even more Swedes and Germans than Canadians in places like Thailand. Of course half the tourists are Americans.

I see Americans travel everywhere. Canadians, not so much. I've seen even more Swedes and Germans than Canadians in places like Thailand. Of course half the tourists are Americans.

I wonder how many of those American tourists are there to buy sex with children?

How about Reform will never make official political party?

Or Reform will never make it out of Alberta?

Or Reform will never make Official Opposition?

OK, but Reform will never form federal government?

OK, but they never make majority? Either way I like their crystal ball. I guess lot of seaguls landed on it :)

Those are "OPINIONS" Saipan. Not presented as news. Papers have editorial sections. Wow.