British Leader Admits Multiculturalism Has Failed Badly

6 hours ago, hernanday said:

What is ghettoisation?

Europe has had Jewish ghettos since the time of shakespeare.

Canada has white minority cities and cities with slim white majorities that are rated as some of the best place to live.  Maybe Europe's issue is not multiculturalism.  And most people in warm climates can't take cold.  I've lived in Sweden and Finland, Norway and Iceland.  My tolerance for cold is falling, thank goodness we had a mild winter in central canada.

The tendency to form ghettos? 

Like I said, give it time.

4 minutes ago, Goh Shenas said:

Good to know.

What are your beliefs about jews? Because I saw you using the word ghetto.

Ghetto is just a word, like artichoke, regulation, or curved.

Jews are just people, like all the other people.

Refugees fleeing from other countries often arrive in waves because they come from the place that is currently experiencing the most trouble in the world. There are times in history where many areas of the world are experiencing trouble concurrently, and we get refugees from multiple places. Often these refugees arrive with very little fiscal resources, and need to learn things like local languages in order to fit into their new community and earn a descent wage. They will congregate together for mutual support, and often in sections of town that have lower rents and consequently are less well maintained. That is what we refer to as ghettos. It is more about circumstance, and not discrimination.

As the refugees integrate into the local community, and begin to earn better incomes they will try and improve their lot. Often they will move out into more affluent neighborhoods and a new generation of refugees from other parts of the world will move into the lower rent district. That is why the ghettos change character over time. Sometimes people will stay in the lower rent district, and use their financial resources to improve them and they become trendy for you well off white people to move in and gentrify them.

Edited by ?Impact
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Goh Shenas said:

I think we both know now you like playing with words.

At least you are not anti semitic. That's what you say.

I have enjoyed a game of Scrabble in my time. 

And I would know, wouldn't I?

6 minutes ago, hernanday said:

I want to know how you define a ghetto.

It's the first definition in the link I gave you.  If you type "ghetto".  Or cut and paste it.

Are you waiting for an opportunity to tell me how you define it?  Do you have a "gotcha" moment planned?

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

It's the first definition in the link I gave you.  If you type "ghetto".  Or cut and paste it.

Are you waiting for an opportunity to tell me how you define it?  Do you have a "gotcha" moment planned?

" put in or restrict to an isolated or segregated area or group. "

Do you agree with that as the definition you use?

No gotcha moments are planned.  We can't have a discussion on ghettos if we cannot even agree on a meaning of the term.

31 minutes ago, hernanday said:

" put in or restrict to an isolated or segregated area or group. "

Do you agree with that as the definition you use?

No gotcha moments are planned.  We can't have a discussion on ghettos if we cannot even agree on a meaning of the term.

I would say a ghetto is a thing. I would say "putting in" is an action.  

I would say ghettos have a tendency to form naturally. I would not advocate putting anyone into one. 

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

I would say a ghetto is a thing. I would say "putting in" is an action.  

I would say ghettos have a tendency to form naturally. I would not advocate putting anyone into one. 

So can you define what a ghetto means to you?  Because I searched on google, and posted what I saw as the first thing, and you said you disagree with it, so why don't you just give me your definition rather than having this back and forth.

1 minute ago, hernanday said:

So can you define what a ghetto means to you?  Because I searched on google, and posted what I saw as the first thing, and you said you disagree with it, so why don't you just give me your definition rather than having this back and forth.

Ah, okay, different google.  This was the first definition in mine:

" a part of a city, especially a slum area, occupied by a minority group or groups. "

2 hours ago, hernanday said:

So to you a ghetto is a slum area occupied by minority groups?

Close.  It's a:

" a part of a city, especially a slum area, occupied by a minority group or groups. "

What is it to you?