Kory Teneycke back at Sun TV

Topaz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surprise, surprise... not bloody likely. I expect it was a paid vacation for Teneycke - one that allowed Quebecor to disassociate itself while a (potential) police investigation was pending. It's a shame it looks like we won't get to see just who was linked to the IP address associated with the posting of the "fraudulent" signatures to the avaaz petition... hey, Kory?

surprise, surprise... not bloody likely. I expect it was a paid vacation for Teneycke - one that allowed Quebecor to disassociate itself while a (potential) police investigation was pending. It's a shame it looks like we won't get to see just who was linked to the IP address associated with the posting of the "fraudulent" signatures to the avaaz petition... hey, Kory?

Speaking of inuendo... the suggestion that the US lobby group could pursue a fraud case in Canada over an on line petition to block Canadfian content and culture is almost as laughable as the petition itself.

innuendo? Really? The formal letters sent from avaaz's legal team to the RCMP and Ottawa Police Dept., clearly outline, in avaaz's view, the associated events and timeline that position Teneycke as having knowledge in the petition fraud matter... or perhaps you missed the CBC 'Power & Politics' program where Teneycke states he, "had been in contact with the individual who fraudulently posted petition names"... or perhaps you missed the Teneycke tweet where he acknowledges receiving a list of the fraudulent names added. Those kind of details certainly take the steam out of your innuendo slam - hey? On the other hand, if you're really looking to tag an actual innuendo slam, there's no shortage of it laying about, presuming to link someone within the PMO to the suspect IP address... hopefully, this PMO reference will allow for our mutual agreement on related and pertinent innuendo - ya think?

I note you also speak with a degree of certainty over the (in)ability of avaaz to have police pursue a fraud investigation... are you able to offer a more definitive accounting in that regard... perhaps references/comment from police as to where the avaaz request is at - hey? After all, Teneycke left Quebecor just one day after the avaaz police investigation request... is there coincident timing to his reborn again act?

Yes he's back and its shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Kory had to leave and lets things settle down , let the company get ther license it needed then come back to work. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/kory-teneycke-gets-back-in-saddle-at-sun-tv-news/article1858766/

So what's your point? What conclusions do you draw from this?

-k

innuendo? Really?

Indeed. Where's the beef?

"... or perhaps you missed the Teneycke tweet where he acknowledges receiving a list of the fraudulent names added.

Fake names are common online...does your mom call you Waldo? Fake petetions are also common. And the means to put fake names on them too...I'm not surprised that someone informed Teneyce about it...so? Inuendo.

I note you also speak with a degree of certainty over the (in)ability of avaaz to have police pursue a fraud investigation...

So how's that Police Investigation coming, or did it start..or was it just a PR move on the part of an AMerican Lobby group trying to influence Canadian media content?

Fake names are common online...
I'm aghast that you'd call into question the integrity of any/all online surveys and petitions... or do you apply special Dancer dispensation for particular online surveys or petitions that meet Dancer mettle?
So how's that Police Investigation coming, or did it start..or was it just a PR move on the part of an AMerican Lobby group trying to influence Canadian media content?
given the authority that you spoke with in your earlier post, I was certain you had some inside knowledge on the status/progress... I'm quite disappointed to realize that's not the case and your post was simply another Dancer PR move.

I'm aghast that you'd call into question the integrity of any/all online surveys and petitions... or do you apply special Dancer dispensation for particular online surveys or petitions that meet Dancer mettle?

I suppose there are some very niave folks who believe they are valid, and some very unscrupulous groups who would have us believe they are valid....but anyone who thinks they are is first and foremost an idiot.

given the authority that you spoke with in your earlier post, I was certain you had some inside knowledge on the status/progress... I'm quite disappointed to realize that's not the case and your post was simply another Dancer PR move.

I will speak with authority again. There is no evidence that the police found any wronging doing or any evidence there was an investigation in the first place. Suggestions otherwise are merely political inuendo.

I suppose there are some very niave folks who believe they are valid, and some very unscrupulous groups who would have us believe they are valid....but anyone who thinks they are is first and foremost an idiot.

not to shine on your expressed idiocy, there are, obviously, measures taken to test the validity of (certain types) of petitions (print or online)... certainly, most print petitions don't require one to present "photo ID". Many companies make a tidy sum in offering services to qualify segments of said petitions (if warranted). As I understand it, as a matter of regular methodology, avaaz integrates web-level tracking to find patterns of abuse within their poll/petitions... that's effectively how they brought forward the fraud being perpetrated from that single Ottawa based IP address. In any case, there are degrees of validity... someone, or persons, engaged in purposely skewing the avaaz petition in question, obviously, didn't have validity (or integrity) in mind. And, hey now, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find linked references to articles showing 'Conservatives' questioning the validity of the avaaz petition based on the presence of the fraudulently applied signatures from that Ottawa IP address (see "Snuffleupagus" et al).

I will speak with authority again. There is no evidence that the police found any wronging doing or any evidence there was an investigation in the first place. Suggestions otherwise are merely political inuendo.

do you have evidence for that "no evidence", or is this just Dancer authority? :lol: I believe you may be interested in this!

There was no investigation, the RCMP declined to investigate, just huffing and puffing by Avaaz. I agree that on line petitions are generally not valid.

uhhh... no. The RCMP handed it over to the Ottawa Police Service... jurisdiction and all that - hey? Do you have any authoritative scribbler updates on the status of the OPS investigation... or are you just huffing and puffing?

no problem - I accept you have no evidence for your described "no evidence"! (oh wait, perhaps you can use the googly thing and find the (actual) state of the OPS review... did it ever occur? :lol: )

I'm sure it occured to you...

Lets recap and paraphase your moronic position

ME: There is no evidence of God

You: You have any evidence of no evidence?

Thanks for playing Waldo, you never fail to amuse...

uhhh... no. The RCMP handed it over to the Ottawa Police Service... jurisdiction and all that - hey? Do you have any authoritative scribbler updates on the status of the OPS investigation... or are you just huffing and puffing?

The RCMP handed it over eh? Why would they do that? AVAAZ in full PR mode asked both the RCMP and the Ottawa Police to investigate. No evidence that either bothered to be entwined in the publicity stunt.

No charges have been laid, there is no evidence of any evidence :lol: besides I don't think signing a phony name to an online petition is a crime or worth the time of police - just imagine all the charges that could be laid on all those false names on all those other on line petitions LOL Not to mention the real 'hate monger' in all of this was Avaaz.

Dancer, buddy... when you write with Dancer authority that, "There is no evidence that the police found any wronging (sic) doing or any evidence there was an investigation in the first place"... you are stepping beyond the realm of the typical Dancer flight-of-fancy. You're speaking to definitives; i.e., Dancer survey says, "no wrong doing", "no investigation". For those (in the majority) who don't simply and readily accept Dancer authority, one would expect you might be in position to placate their uncertainty; however, when you actually acknowledge you have no substantiation; i.e., no evidence of your stated definitives, well... you never fail to amuse - hey?

http://www.cfra.com/?cat=1&nid=76720

Cops Won't Investigate Fake Names on Sun TV Petition

Josh Pringle

Monday, November 8, 2010

Ottawa Police will not investigate the fake names that appeared on an online petition targeting Sun TV.

Police reviewed a formal complaint by an international advocacy group that’s opposing the proposed new right-wing, all-news channel.

Avaaz.org complained to police and the RCMP that someone had attempted to undermine its petition by submitting “fraudulent signatures”, including those of parliamentary reporters.

Ottawa Police tell the Canadian Press the case is not being “treated as a criminal offence.”

Dancer, buddy... when you write with Dancer authority that, "There is no evidence that the police found any wronging (sic) doing or any evidence there was an investigation in the first place"... you are stepping beyond the realm of the typical Dancer flight-of-fancy. You're speaking to definitives; i.e., Dancer survey says, "no wrong doing", "no investigation". For those (in the majority) who don't simply and readily accept Dancer authority, one would expect you might be in position to placate their uncertainty; however, when you actually acknowledge you have no substantiation; i.e., no evidence of your stated definitives, well... you never fail to amuse - hey?

You want a opportunity to edit that or should I save it for future laughs?

No charges have been laid, there is no evidence of any evidence :lol: besides I don't think signing a phony name to an online petition is a crime or worth the time of police - just imagine all the charges that could be laid on all those false names on all those other on line petitions LOL Not to mention the real 'hate monger' in all of this was Avaaz.

from an avaaz view, as written formally to police by the legal representatives of avaaz, the need for an investigation rests upon 3 facets of the criminal code; (1) identity fraud, (2) fraud, and (3) theft of telecommunication service. Given the formal letters to police originate from the office of the prominent law firm, Ruby & Schiller... are signed by Ruby Schiller... one might presume upon a basis in law to pursue an investigation.

as for your typical scribbler over-the-top 'hate monger' charge, perhaps you should pursue recourse... perhaps Ezra could fit your case in, between his prep work for FoxNewsNorth - hey?

as for your coming to the googling aid of the flailing and wailing Dancer... you should have started with avaaz's acknowledgment to the shift from criminal to civil investigation - the evidence to Dancer's expressed "no evidence"! :lol: pantsed, yes indeed - both you and Dancer have them at your ankles!

Online polls can easily be manipulated. I guess there would be some real dumb petitions out there.

... one might presume upon a basis in law to pursue an investigation.

But more likely and from the conclusion, an exercise in PR...of course their are some who are simply suckers...

you should have started with avaaz's acknowledgment to the shift from criminal to civil investigation -

Sure Waldo.....Ruby called for a criminal investigation and now you claim that being poo poo-ed by police, they have launched a civil investigation.....

Don't trip with those pants on the ground!

Your search - avaaz.org civil investigation - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

•Make sure all words are spelled correctly.

•Try different keywords.

•Try more general keywords.

•Try fewer keywords.

Your search - avaaz.org civil investigation Sun TV - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

•Try different keywords.

•Try fewer keywords.

as for your coming to the googling aid of the flailing and wailing Dancer... you should have started with avaaz's acknowledgment to the shift from criminal to civil investigation - the evidence to Dancer's expressed "no evidence"! :lol: pantsed, yes indeed - both you and Dancer have them at your ankles!
Sure Waldo.....Ruby called for a criminal investigation and now you claim that being poo poo-ed by police, they have launched a civil investigation.....

Don't trip with those pants on the ground!

Your search - avaaz.org civil investigation - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

•Try different keywords.

•Try fewer keywords.

Your search - avaaz.org civil investigation Sun TV - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

•Try different keywords.

•Try fewer keywords.

Dancer, if you need help with the googly thing... just ask yer lil' buddy, scribbler. To clear up your misconceptions fabrications, I've quoted what I actually did state. Here's just one example of how you use the googly thing - hey, Dancer!

In response to a Canadian Press report that the Ottawa police have declined to investigate alleged petition-tampering, Avaaz.org released the following statement from the group's executive director, Ricken Patel:

The fraudulent addition of names to Avaaz's petition to stop 'Fox News North' was a criminal act with real implications for online democratic expression in Canada. It's puzzling that the RCMP ignored a preeminent criminal lawyer and chose not to investigate a criminal act that top executives at SunTV had insider knowledge of. We still have legal options available, and will continue to pursue justice and stand up for Canadians' right to freedom of expression.