Well it's about bloody time!

Which is fine, as long as the Liberals think through this 2nd-half tactic a little more thoroughly than their initial "Team Martin" ploy.  Several positions within the social conservative movement are extremely unsettling for a large percentage of Canadians, and if the true colours of the Conservative party continue to present themselves on a silver platter, then they become fair game within an election campaign.

well every tiem someoen mentions bilingual i will keep brinign this up

DEF. of bilingual

Using or able to use two languages, especially with equal or nearly equal fluency.

the fact is we are not bilingual stop being so niave as to belive it, mind you looking at your posts, i realise you are easily lead into believing anything.

The link at the beginning of this thread is a rip off of this column in the Toronto Star.

There are serious problems with this strategy.

First, it doesn't work. For several weeks now, the media and Herle et al have been talking about "hidden agenda" and social issues. The Tories are still rising in the polls.

Second, any scare tactics just move NDP supporters into the Liberal column. This may explain in part why the NDP is holding steady at 16-17%.

Third, the Tories are not primarily social conservatives. They are fiscal conservatives. And in this, Harper is no Margaret Thatcher radical.

Fourth, many Canadians I feel are appalled by the moral presumption of many comentators. IME, Canadians are polite and will not speak out when they feel pushed around. But they will happily make their opinion known on a ballot. The Charlottetown referendum is an example.

We are witnessing a change in government. Democracy in action.

The Tories are still rising in the polls.

August1991.......have you been away?

Because actually the latest (yesterday) SES CPAC polling showed the Harper Conservatives dropping 3% Canadawide in just one day.

Canada

Company

Date----------CO LI ND BL GN OT UD

SES CPAC

11/06/2004 34 33 18 11 05 ?? 24

EKOS

10/06/2004 34 30 19 ?? ?? ?? ??

SES CPAC

10/06/2004 37 32 17 10 05 ?? 22

Leger Marketing

09/06/2004 30 33 19 12 ?? ?? ??

Ipsos-Reid

09/06/2004 31 32 16 ?? ?? ?? ??

That poll showed the Liberals, the Bloc Quebecois, and the New Democrats each slightly up, contrasted with the good size Conservative drop.

But more importantly the poll showed that the undecided jumped another 2% to 24%, basically one in four voters are undecided. This is very high.

Canadians it seems are, or were, angry with the Liberals, but they haven't decided what or if they want an alternative. At the moment it appears that Canadians want a minority government.

With one in four voters supporting the New Democrats in Ontario, the New Democrats are at 24%, there will be many surprises when the election results are announced on June 28th. ;)

I guess Canada's media like to keep a few secrets from Canadians, eh?

Democracy in action for sure.

Slavick44

the fact is we are not bilingual stop being so niave as to belive it, mind you looking at your posts, i realise you are easily lead into believing anything.

This is true we are not bilingual till all Canadians speak english and a second language, or speak French and second language! or another language and english or French.

If Quebec wants bilingual languages in their province they should all speak english as a second language.

I live in B.C and my children are bilingual they have attented schools where they have had French since age 5.

to age 16

Can children in Quebec say they have had english as a second language since age 5?

My youngest daughter speaks English . French,

I think we should get on with living and think of this country as a wonderful place to live! But if we don't change some of the terriable things that are happening we will end up a third world country.

We need a strong leader! the only man I think can do the job right is Stephen Harper. Wake up Canada.

I am tired of the lies of Paul Martin. And Jack Layton will turn Canada into a "Third World Country".

Stephen Harper has the best policies here, a down to earth man with a nice family, and a clean record.

Vote for Stephen Harper and we will not regret one day.

Which is fine, as long as the Liberals think through this 2nd-half tactic a little more thoroughly than their initial "Team Martin" ploy.  Several positions within the social conservative movement are extremely unsettling for a large percentage of Canadians, and if the true colours of the Conservative party continue to present themselves on a silver platter, then they become fair game within an election campaign.

You forgot this part:

That being said, if Paul Martin fails to effectively paint Stephen Harper's Conservative party as the devils that Canadians don't know in the leaders' debates, then voters might just rally around a man who so far has articulated distinct policy directions, moderated his public persona, and run a campaign worthy of a government-in-waiting.

And if that happens, the Liberals' one-trick pony might just be headed off for the glue factory.

You're welcome.

Absolutely.

Let's hope more true colours are shown.

So far we only know the anti-gay and anti-women aspects.

Being against abortion is anti-woman? :rolleyes:

What a strange little black and white world you live in, filled with paranoid delusions about the big bad conservatives.