And Here is Why McGuinty Will Win Another Term

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll probably be something pithy like...

"They allow you to have children?"

or

"Why were'nt you forcibly sterilized after the first child?"

Ya' know....Something really deep and classy...As only the Big Giant Head can be...

:lol:

Yeah, anything to avoid the truth that he is shootin' blanks. Here and at home. :D

Every time someone opens their electricity bill they start thinking about voting for Tim!

Why would they vote for the man (Hudak) who pushed us into this mess?

Why would anyone vote for Hudak, who cannot stand up to the HST.

Hudak is a pretender. The policies will be just as bad as the Liberals.

So far the only difference between McGuinty and Hudak, is the public has yet to discover that Hudak is full of it and they know Mcguinty is.

But this is not 1995. And many of those people who voted in Harris are now reaping the harvest of the legacy he left.

McGuinty did not change the course of Harris. Infact, thats what makes him a Liar/Fibber/Pinochio... etc.

We haven't had a good government in this Province for over 2 decades.

I see there is potential for one, but I don't think they are ready.

The other two are DEE and DUM...

BULL and CRAP

Full and IT

I am thinking for our benefit, we get a Minority Government.

No McGuinty is not winning another term.

So far the only difference between McGuinty and Hudak, is the public has yet to discover that Hudak is full of it and they know Mcguinty is.

But this is not 1995. And many of those people who voted in Harris are now reaping the harvest of the legacy he left.

McGuinty did not change the course of Harris. Infact, thats what makes him a Liar/Fibber/Pinochio... etc.

BULL and CRAP

Full and IT

That sums it up nicely!!!

BULL and CRAP

Full and IT

Well Max, I'm not saying you're wrong but the polls are way out of whack with your view! Of course, polls have been wrong before.

Well Max, I'm not saying you're wrong but the polls are way out of whack with your view! Of course, polls have been wrong before.

Its still early. These are the polls of today. If an election were today based on the current polls, the outcome would likely mimick the poll.

However, the Election is still 10 months away. And think what u like about the Ontario Liberals, they are masters at campaigning, dirty tricks and photo opp announcements. Pork will be flowing into ridings etc.

On top of that Ontario is NOT BC. The OLPC should be at 18% or 22% but they are not. And the PCs are getting a dead cat bounce from people dissillusioned with the Ontario Liberals. But in a nutshell, people in Ontario are still tuned out.

But when they tune in, it won't take long to undress the PCs, bump up the Liberals a few % and they are back on the margins of majority/minority gov. I Believe they will come 1 or 2 seats short of a majority.

I believe the PCs will pick up many seats, (regardless of the fact they are useless) but not enough to get anywheres near a majority. I also believe the ONDP are going to remove Liberal Seats in the North.

If I believed that the ONDP could take Duncan and Pupetellos ridings then I think the Liberals would be in trouble, but I think they will hold. Seats like Hamilton MOuntain should go NDP based on polling data, and I have already seen some of my PC friends actually take an NDP membership thinking it will help get rid of the Liberal. But even then, it would seem to me like it will be a dog fight. Liberals actually have to leave the ship for this riding to switch. And Liberals react to "FEAR" and using the fear tactic is always a better way to HOLD seats then it is to gain them.

I wish that the Ontario Public was more in tune to grassroots politics that exists in BC. (Although BC politics has always puzzled me, I guess that is part of what comes with the turf)

Its a long ways to an election. I want this band of Ontario Liberals reduced.

We will see where the tea leaves land in the following months. We still have 3/4 of a cup left.

I believe the PCs will pick up many seats, (regardless of the fact they are useless) but not enough to get anywheres near a majority. I also believe the ONDP are going to remove Liberal Seats in the North.

Its a long ways to an election. I want this band of Ontario Liberals reduced.

We will see where the tea leaves land in the following months. We still have 3/4 of a cup left.

Hard to say. I just want to see McGuinty evicted! I truly believe he is racist in his philosophy of government and a crass opportunist. He seems to have zero understanding or regard for the rights of the individual. That's the worst of sins for a politician, in my book.

Tbh, this shit will make it hard to vote Liberal a third time: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/12/07/ombudsman-g20-security-rule-report856.html

That does make me see where Bill is coming from re regard for individual rights. (Don't see how McGuinty's done anything racist though. Is this a Caledonia thing?)

I'm in Puppatello's riding btw and the only potential factors that could get me to vote Liberal instead of NDP next time are: i) paralysing fear of the provincial PCs and/or ii) if the NDP were to run an incompetent campaign. I dunno what chance the ONDP has here tbh. Brian Masse's pretty popular federally but the municipal election seemed to suggest an anti-labour/left mood in the electorate.

Tbh, this shit will make it hard to vote Liberal a third time: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/12/07/ombudsman-g20-security-rule-report856.html

That does make me see where Bill is coming from re regard for individual rights. (Don't see how McGuinty's done anything racist though. Is this a Caledonia thing?)

I'm in Puppatello's riding btw and the only potential factors that could get me to vote Liberal instead of NDP next time are: i) paralysing fear of the provincial PCs and/or ii) if the NDP were to run an incompetent campaign. I dunno what chance the ONDP has here tbh. Brian Masse's pretty popular federally but the municipal election seemed to suggest an anti-labour/left mood in the electorate.

What I sense, and what I have even seen on this forum, when people like Guyser, Wild Bill, Argus :blink: and myself come to agree on something, it has more to do with a government that is not listening to the electorate or see things on the ground level that are not being addressed, and while each of us may address it differently or converge together on it, the fact remains, we see the problem, and it would appear the government of the day doesn't. Perhaps shocking to me was all of us sharing a similar feeling regarding Fantino, and yet the 4 of us come at issues from very different angles. And yet Fantino was elected.

However when I look at the Municipal elections I see a pot pourri of outcomes vs a right or left shift.

Cam Jackson (Right) was swept out of Burlington.

Rob Ford gets in not because he is brilliant, or people think his way is the best, but because he was the only candidate resonating with a frustrated electorate while those who did good things were still on "Things are Ok here" when there was an underlying problem on the street. Any candidate could have captured that mood. But only Ford Choose did it. ANd yes I consider him a buffoon and he will make some terrible decisions for Toronto. But was there any reason why some other candidate couldn't have said, yeah, lets cut out the coffee and lunches on the taxpayers dime , and continue with the light rail project? Or offered an alternative to the $60 Tax on cars that was at best just a money grab and at worst stupid?

Marie Trainer (I think she is PC) mayor of the county was defeated by Ken Hewitt who is to the left of her, but was more outspoken and active. He heard the people of Caledonia and was rewarded. And few know he dropped his hard edge on the caledonia issue over a year ago.

The Right in Brant Stepped down and the Left Swept back in Municipally so it not right left. The Right was marching Forward, but they found themselves like Joe Pants. Marching alone.

Meanwhile in the Sudbury the moved from the left to the right.

It seems whereever the incumbents were and weren't in tune enough to the public, they were swept out.

I think that is what politics is about.

Each politician running had a chance to hear the voters and to address their concerns.

On the election day the voter make there final say on who they think heard them best.

Its interesting what (Evening Star) are saying about Windsor, I haven't lived there since the early 90s.

What I sense, and what I have even seen on this forum, when people like Guyser, Wild Bill, Argus :blink: and myself come to agree on something, it has more to do with a government that is not listening to the electorate or see things on the ground level that are not being addressed, and while each of us may address it differently or converge together on it, the fact remains, we see the problem, and it would appear the government of the day doesn't. Perhaps shocking to me was all of us sharing a similar feeling regarding Fantino, and yet the 4 of us come at issues from very different angles. And yet Fantino was elected.

Max, many of us are not nearly as 'right' or 'left' as some members have branded us. Sometimes it's just because they use their own politics as a definition of what is the 'middle'. Other times, it's just that they believe that anyone who disagrees with THEM must be on the other extreme of the spectrum, making it easy to hurl ad hominem insults.

It can be hard today to even label politicians and their parties as left or right, considering how they vary from the dictionary definitions as such.

I lack respect for Fantino because of how he handled the Caledonia situation. He seemed to apply the law differently according to the race of who was breaking it! He choose who he would offer police protection again according to their race and ignored the plight of individual citizens of Caledonia who were having their rights infringed by the actions of native protesters.

Others dislike him for his historic treatment of subordinates while he was chief in Toronto. It's been said that whenever it hit the fan Fantino always had someone under him he could make to be the fall guy for his own mistakes.

So it's not really that Fantino is right wing. It's just that he has such poor character that it's easy for many different people to find things about him that are upsetting!

However, if you live farther away from where Fantino has wreaked his havoc over the years or you simply haven't followed his career then it's easy to see him simplistically, as some sort of right wing champion of law and order. That's why Harper adopted him! He thought Fantino would be electable, and he was!

Still, Harper might be unaware that Fantino's win came at a price. Most of us that are more politically astute and not locked into one party or the other vote based on "who smells the least", as I love to say. A politician's or a party's 'aroma' is based on many different factors that contribute to the strength of their stink! According to the personal values and beliefs of each of us, each factor becomes more or less important to the total miasma. Adopting Fantino really was a rank move to my nostrils and I'm a guy who has supported Harper since the Reform Days. It might not affect my vote this next election but by the next one the Liberals would have had more time to get their act together, perhaps with a more impressive leader. At that point it would be rather easy to get a guy like me to switch his allegiance. I'm sure there are many others like me amongst the electorate as well. Anybody who tends to have real values and a memory should never be taken for granted by any politician. Harper seems to have taken many of us for granted by backing Fantino. I don't know if Harper was ignorant of Fantino's negatives or just didn't care, thinking he'd win more than he'd lose. Those aren't the real questions. The real question is how many negatives are building up in Harper's aroma compared to that of his political opponents and can he afford in the long run to add a Fantino to the mix!

Max, many of us are not nearly as 'right' or 'left' as some members have branded us. Sometimes it's just because they use their own politics as a definition of what is the 'middle'. Other times, it's just that they believe that anyone who disagrees with THEM must be on the other extreme of the spectrum, making it easy to hurl ad hominem insults.

It can be hard today to even label politicians and their parties as left or right, considering how they vary from the dictionary definitions as such.

I lack respect for Fantino because of how he handled the Caledonia situation. He seemed to apply the law differently according to the race of who was breaking it! He choose who he would offer police protection again according to their race and ignored the plight of individual citizens of Caledonia who were having their rights infringed by the actions of native protesters.

Others dislike him for his historic treatment of subordinates while he was chief in Toronto. It's been said that whenever it hit the fan Fantino always had someone under him he could make to be the fall guy for his own mistakes.

So it's not really that Fantino is right wing. It's just that he has such poor character that it's easy for many different people to find things about him that are upsetting!

However, if you live farther away from where Fantino has wreaked his havoc over the years or you simply haven't followed his career then it's easy to see him simplistically, as some sort of right wing champion of law and order. That's why Harper adopted him! He thought Fantino would be electable, and he was!

Still, Harper might be unaware that Fantino's win came at a price. Most of us that are more politically astute and not locked into one party or the other vote based on "who smells the least", as I love to say. A politician's or a party's 'aroma' is based on many different factors that contribute to the strength of their stink! According to the personal values and beliefs of each of us, each factor becomes more or less important to the total miasma. Adopting Fantino really was a rank move to my nostrils and I'm a guy who has supported Harper since the Reform Days. It might not affect my vote this next election but by the next one the Liberals would have had more time to get their act together, perhaps with a more impressive leader. At that point it would be rather easy to get a guy like me to switch his allegiance. I'm sure there are many others like me amongst the electorate as well. Anybody who tends to have real values and a memory should never be taken for granted by any politician. Harper seems to have taken many of us for granted by backing Fantino. I don't know if Harper was ignorant of Fantino's negatives or just didn't care, thinking he'd win more than he'd lose. Those aren't the real questions. The real question is how many negatives are building up in Harper's aroma compared to that of his political opponents and can he afford in the long run to add a Fantino to the mix!

That will depend on whether Fantino gets a cabinet position and uses that position as a bully pulpet.

I suspect Mr.Harper's selection of Fantino goes a little deeper than Fantino being a "satr candidate"....He certainly was that,however Harper is smarter than to go after a guy because he's good window dressing and could win a by-election...

I suspect that Mr.Harper has the sam misgivings about the Charter as Fantino does,he's just better at using less offending language...

Edited by Jack Weber

<SNIPPED TO KEEP THE MODERATORS HAPPY>

Still, Harper might be unaware that Fantino's win came at a price. Most of us that are more politically astute and not locked into one party or the other vote based on "who smells the least", as I love to say. A politician's or a party's 'aroma' is based on many different factors that contribute to the strength of their stink! The real question is how many negatives are building up in Harper's aroma compared to that of his political opponents and can he afford in the long run to add a Fantino to the mix!

Well said..