November U.S. Elections

The game of politics. So now in this game the Dems will be voted out and the Reps. voted back in until the times comes when the voters are angry at the Reps. and vote the Dems back in. Its sorta like here in Canada. Even though we do have a third party, in other words more of a choice, there in the US, it seems the powers that be, seems to keep it back and forth between the Dems. and the Reps. not much choice.

...there in the US, it seems the powers that be, seems to keep it back and forth between the Dems. and the Reps. not much choice.

Especially since they can choose between right-wing corporate party A and right-wing corporate party B. Though Party B has gone a bit over the top these days with the Angles and the O'Donnells. I guess you have to distinguish yourself somehow, and the Internet has bred a whole generation of crazed wingnuts who see these people as almost normal.

I can't wait for election night. I'll probably pop some popcorn. I'm hoping for 30 house seats, and 5 senate seats for the Republicans. It's definitely time to get rid of some of the extremists in the Democrat party. Harry Reid, Alan Grayson, etc.

I can't wait for election night. I'll probably pop some popcorn. I'm hoping for 30 house seats, and 5 senate seats for the Republicans. It's definitely time to get rid of some of the extremists in the Democrat party. Harry Reid, Alan Grayson, etc.

Look at Shady already adjusting expectations because his party is crazy what happened to taking the Senate. Remember Shady you said it if you don't take the Senate you lose Obama wins. Sucks you set the bar so high 2 months ago right?

Especially since they can choose between right-wing corporate party A and right-wing corporate party B. Though Party B has gone a bit over the top these days with the Angles and the O'Donnells. I guess you have to distinguish yourself somehow, and the Internet has bred a whole generation of crazed wingnuts who see these people as almost normal.

....and, good Lord, some of them look like they shop at Wal-mart.

Remember Shady you said it if you don't take the Senate you lose Obama wins. Sucks you set the bar so high 2 months ago right?

Um, I don't remember saying that because I've never said that. Stop making things up. Certainly if Republicans don't take the house, I'd consider that a loss. But they should get the 30 seats needed.

LOL. Exactly! And some of them haven't even gone to Havard or Yale. I've also heard that some of them aren't lawyers. Can you believe that? Electing people who aren't lawyers? Ridiculous.

Um, I don't remember saying that because I've never said that. Stop making things up. Certainly if Republicans don't take the house, I'd consider that a loss. But they should get the 30 seats needed.

Not only were you saying Republicans would take the Senate you called it for 60 seats. I haven't seen a bigger lie by anyone on the forums. Now that the Dems will take the Senate and Obama will beat you, you adjust your expectations.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=14756&view=findpost&p=575502

Big news big news................60s seats!!!

Typical Republican lie about something when there is a record of it because that is all Republicans can do lie.

Got it so going from a 20 seat swing to a 5 seat swing isn't adjusting expectations eh?

Um, 60 seats was never my expectation. Like I said. I'll take 30 and 5. Anything else is gravy. That being said, if Republicans take more seats, but Harry Reid and Alan Grayson win their races, I'll be disappointed. I want those two extremists voted out on their asses.

Um, 60 seats was never my expectation. Like I said. I'll take 30 and 5. Anything else is gravy. That being said, if Republicans take more seats, but Harry Reid and Alan Grayson win their races, I'll be disappointed. I want those two extremists voted out on their asses.

Yep Harry Reid so extreme that the NRP almost endorsed him over his republican counter part. What an extremest.

Oh sure, any criticism of these "ordinary folk" must be...elitism!

I mean, it's not as if these folks are powerful and influential figures with gobs of corporate money behind them--wholeheartedly supported by elites--no, no. They're regular, working folk who have become popular totally through their decency and sound wisdom, and have not used and been used by elite, behind-the-scenes machinations to get where they are.

Ye gods.

I don't know if it's elitism to criticize the public, but it's perceived that way. There's some kind of identity issue at play there.

Sure. And no doubt, on some issue or other, everybody is at least implicitly criticizing "the public."

How can we look at our problems if we think we're never wrong ?

I agree. But maybe a lot more people are willing to believe they're wrong than first glance would suggest. But the heat of debate makes people often unwilling to admit the possibility; plus, there are personal dislikes that arise, often ones that would dissipate were we to actually meet one another. In a way, the dislikes are of personas, rather than people.

Personally, I am aware that I could be wrong about virtually every damn thing. I don't think so, but it's not an impossibility. Best to keep that thought simmering somewhere in the brain....

Personally, I am aware that I could be wrong about virtually every damn thing. I don't think so, but it's not an impossibility. Best to keep that thought simmering somewhere in the brain....

Even the my-country-is-best crowd criticizes their country, but not their country really - the "elite"...

I'm not sure what to expect now. Gallup says the Republican generic ballot lead is something they've never seen before.

It should be noted, however, that this year's 15-point gap in favor of the Republican candidates among likely voters is unprecedented in Gallup polling and could result in the largest Republican margin in House voting in several generations.

Gallup

The Republicans should sent Obama a gift basket wednesday morning. Afterall, they couldn't have done it without him! :lol:

I'm not sure what to expect now. Gallup says the Republican generic ballot lead is something they've never seen before.

The Republicans should sent Obama a gift basket wednesday morning. Afterall, they couldn't have done it without him! :lol:

Set the bar super high Shady please please keep doing it.