Mackay Cancells Imam's Speech due to "Extremism"

That was a preposterous mess, no doubt about it. An injustice.

I read it, it was garbage, utter opinionated drivel. I am surprised the author used the term broke middle class, when he clearly wanted to use proletariat.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it, it was garbage, utter opinionated drivel. I am surprised the author used the term broke middle class, when he clearly wanted to use proletariat.

His opinion piece was opinionated?

I'm trying to determine how that differs from your stated opinions on this thread, and from mine.

[edit]Also, just to clarify, you quoted and responded to the wrong post here. This one was about the injustice done to Mark Steyn.

Edited by bloodyminded

IF INDUSTRY IS REGULATED BY GOVERNMENT IT IS NO LONGER LAISSEZ FAIR CAPITALISM. So please point me to a document that shows the tea party is advocating the removal of ALL government regulation over industry.

So what does "reducing the size of government" mean? What does "get the government out of our face" mean? If that's not a call for de-regulation, I don't know what is.

So what does "reducing the size of government" mean?

Fewer bureaucrats. "Cutting the pork barrel".

What does "get the government out of our face" mean?

Telling the liberal to min their own business, such as on long firearm registration or long form census.

Fewer bureaucrats. "Cutting the pork barrel".

What pork barrel? There is no pork barrel in Canadian politics. Members can't tack on riders to send money to their own districts. Hence, no pork barrel.

Telling the liberal to min their own business, such as on long firearm registration or long form census.

You realize the long gun registry is a regulation, right?

The word heightened means there was already a split to begin with. Are you that stunted that you didn't realize that?

height·en (htn)

v. height·ened, height·en·ing, height·ens

v.tr.

1. To raise or increase the quantity or degree of; intensify.

2. To make high or higher; raise.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/heightened

Khrushchev's reforms raised or increased the quantity or degree of ideological differences

In other words small differences that were inconsequential before the Khrushchev reforms were heightened making a change in idealogical position.

Just like there are many types of liberals ie classical, egalitarian, economic, social, welfare-state, ethical, humanist, deontological, perfectionist, democratic, and institutional, but they are all liberals.

Or are you trying to tell me that marxism is marxism and that there shall be no deviation in interpretation to communist manifesto?

I guess that means for liberals there shall be no deviation from the strict interpretation of John Locke?

You must think that the current and past liberal party of Canada must be an aberration of liberalism.

Considering John Locke's main philosophy of liberalism discussed in Natural Law being that fundamental rights can not be surrendered but must be enshrined and protected. The three fundamental rights were life liberty and estate (property). Please tell me, were all three of these enshrined by the liberal party in 1982, or was one missing? Rhetorical question of course one is missing, the liberal party of canada forgot to enshrine one of these fundamental rights taught by the father of liberalism, the right to own property.

So lets put it this way if you think the Maoists in China were not Marxists but an aberration of communism, then the liberals of canada are aberrations of liberalism.

Edited by Alta4ever

So what does "reducing the size of government" mean? What does "get the government out of our face" mean? If that's not a call for de-regulation, I don't know what is.

Hey you said they (the tea party) want a pure laissez-faire capitalism system, yet you have produced no evidence that anyone in the tea party has stated this as goal.

What has been called for is a reduction in the size of government (civil service). Did you know that regulations don't equal larger government, did you know that it is possible for industry to self police for infractions of regulations, or even heaven forbid self regulate? Did you know that in your beloved Ontario there are industries that self regulate to a standard higher then that of the regulations passed by your own MPPs? Did you know that the government isn't always the answer? In fact its seldom the best answer just the knee jerk reaction of those that want others to solve there problems for them.