Americans know little about their own religions.

GostHacked

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 1 in 39 blacks have a post secondary education . Considering Obama has only attended church 4 times in the last 3 years and who his previous minister was i doubt he would score well on this survey either .

This is your uneducated opinion.....and patently false. Moreover, the same gross generalization could be made for the most educated demographic in America....Asians.

Only 1 in 39 blacks have a post secondary education . Considering Obama has only attended church 4 times in the last 3 years and who his previous minister was i doubt he would score well on this survey either .

I don't have much respect in general for american educational system but any Graduate of Harvard is beyond question, this one of top schools on the planet...getting into any law school in Canada requires a keen mind and minimum 3.6 GPA but in reality a 3.8 and Harvard will be even more competitive...Obama as a Law graduate of Harvard is one very, very smart dude...

I don't have much respect in general for american educational system ...getting into any law school in Canada requires a keen mind and minimum 3.6 GPA but in reality a 3.8 and Harvard will be even more competitive...Obama as a Law graduate of Harvard is one very, very smart dude...

Canada does not have a single university in the QS Top 10 Survey, with McGill barely making the top 20. So should I not be impressed with Canada's "education system"? The Americans dominate the list.

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2010/results

Edited by bush_cheney2004

and I am a confirmed atheist....

and oddly enough, the one I got wrong was not the way I believe I answered....

http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-religious-knowledge/index.php

did better than me congrats...which confirms the surveys finding...atheists generally keep themselves well informed...I suppose there are number of things we could read into the survey results, one being people who are curious and question everything will have a natural tendency to gravitate toward atheism...

Most people do not do their research - regarding religion..nor do they do their research regardging secularism - and neither one gives much thought to one or the other . Most secularists don't understand why THAT system was put into place - they don't understand secualrism the same way that Christians and Jews and Islamic don't really understand their instituted beliefs!

Most people do not do their research - regarding religion..nor do they do their research regardging secularism - and neither one gives much thought to one or the other . Most secularists don't understand why THAT system was put into place - they don't understand secualrism the same way that Christians and Jews and Islamic don't really understand their instituted beliefs!

Secularism is not a religion. It's a way that all religions can co-exist, where the government and the judiciary remain blind to one's faith. It was invented, in particular by Locke, as a way to create a just society where the relationship between a man and his god are private matters.

A lot of us seem to have gotten the same score. I wonder if we got the same answers wrong?

there weren't a hundred questions so it's rounded up which would account for some us getting the same score...as well it's slanted toward american interests so that may account for similar errors...

Guest TrueMetis

all atheists at one time had a horse in the race, I was brought up in christian doctrine...

Not true I didn't, I didn't even know that people took gods seriously until I was 8. I figured they were like Santa. I was right.

Not true I didn't, I didn't even know that people took gods seriously until I was 8. I figured they were like Santa. I was right.

but your parents or their parent would have, so at one point someone sat down and had a good rational think about and decided gods, santa and tooth fairy, was all BS...you should thank them...

Guest TrueMetis

but your parents or their parent would have, so at one point someone sat down and had a good rational think about and decided gods, santa and tooth fairy, was all BS...you should thank them...

I don't remember my parents ever talking about religion at all.

A lot of us seem to have gotten the same score. I wonder if we got the same answers wrong?

Frankly,this is a fairly easy test...I tyhink the two I got wrong had to do with how religion relates to the US Constitution and if it was legal for a teacher to talk about the Ten Commandments and pray in class...

That part of it was the least interesting to me,as it has nothing to do with The Bible but more to do with American seperation of church and state stuff....